SOTD : Saturday 15th May to Friday 21st May 2021.

C9B1FB44-E2A6-4DDC-A988-DC3D7DA893D1.jpeg
Pre: hot shower
Soap: Stirling deep blue sea
Brush: yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Razor: ever ready 1912
Blade: Gem ptfe #3

love the scent of this soap. Also being completely new to Stirling soaps - I do rate highly the performance of them too. Excellent 3 pass shave for dfs+ result. Healthy dose of stinging from aftershave. All in all, yet another enjoyable shave.

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
[IMG]

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Russian Dvuhzakovnaya 1/2 Hollow 5/8th
French Fitchard Pure Badger
Vitos Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Shave with My Russian Commie 5/8th 1/2 Hollow Today...My 1962 Birth Year Razor Sent to Me as a Gift from @Karl G ..A Wicked Sharp Edge & Smooth & Uber Close Shave with this Russian SR..Shave On..Da Comrades..
:happy088:

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
:kar:

Billy..
:chores016:

Fri 21 OTR SOTD
Soap Stirling Hipster
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Razor RR GC.84 SB
Blade Wetell Super Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershaves Alum + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Beautiful lather from the soap! Very pleasant scent, thickly creamy, and super slick too!
Shave with razor paired with this long-ignored blade was terrific! I remember during initial use the performance was very good and now double confirmed. It was a very smooth, comfortable, and enjoyable 3passes + a pick-up for a mostly bbs finish without any issues. Especially comfortable was the atg on the chin & upper lips area. Aftershaves were awesome!
20210521_111633.jpg

RfRbYTQ.jpg

Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7V
Lather: Blue Devil Shaving Co. Lemonwood

It has been way too long, since I had the chance to post a SOTD picture - but a new soap and a new background image is certainly a great excuse to do so again ;)

Big shout-out to Craig from Blue Devil Shaving Co. - wonderful soap, that is dead easy to lather and produces some heavanly lather (see lather pic). The scent is fresh and clear - paired with a Doug Korn brush and the BBS-1 it really can't get much better than this!

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday (y)

Thursday 20th May

D R Harris Lavender
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Yaqi Excalibur / Razorock HD Handle
Kai Protouch MG (3)
Lynx Dark Temptation

I used the Razorock HD handle on the Excalibur having been recommended by @mpf9ret to use a heavier handle and it worked a treat, thanks Mike.
The extra weight definitely balances the razor.

We're packing up a day early as the wind and rain don't make caravan dwelling a very nice holiday experience

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Omega 11047 "Mixed Midget" (Badger/Boar) 20/43mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ The Night Before
Razor/Blade:- Maggard Razors Std. v3.0 with MR11 Bulldog / Rapira Super Stainless (sample) #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

I had to change the blade from Ladas Super Stainless over to Rapira Super Stainless, because, Ladas Super Stainless couldn't mow down my thick tough stubble for a second shave and the blade died after first used.... WOW!!

Nearly ALL my sample blades are gone, looking forward to trying out the Minora Stainless soon

SOTD 21-May
20210520_151723.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: Shave Factory/Omega Boar
Soap: PAA Astra Planeta
Razor: 'Palm Tree Brand' 5/8 Mawhood Bro. Ltd (can't find much info on this razor so it's a 'say what you see' situation)

I've never known that much about this particular razor but it does the job, though I much prefer the larger sizes.

Chilled shave with a decent finish, ready for the Friday to be over and the weekend to kick in.

Hope everyone has a cracking day.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Friday 21st May 2021

Shave Score 10.0/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower / NIVEA MEN DEEP Anti-Blackhead Scrub
PreShave Cream: Proraso - Green Rinfrescante - Menthol
Cream: Extro Cosmesi Felce Biancospino
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 SB
Blade: Astra Platinum (2)
Post Shave ASL: Floid - The Genuine
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

A very rare 10/10 for the shave today, literally reminds me of a time long past when I had zero facial hair, not sure how it could be improved in the slightest :)

Have a great Friday all.

Joe

9243DCE4-9655-4C41-8466-6548E52525E7.jpeg

188587575_494815625291786_8681513113335816765_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: Proraso Green
Brush: Omega 49 boar
Razor: Rockwell Model T (3,3)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (2)

A decent enough shave today - first time using a boar brush for a while, and the Omega feels better than I remember. Pre shave used purely to complement the main course menthol-wise rather than for any need to prep further than the olive soap, and the Kayaput pairs nicely.
I'm struggling to dial in the Rockwell currently if I'm honest. Maybe it's blade choice, but the abject failure of my favourite, the Voskhod through it seemed to set the tone. Perhaps I've set the bar too high due to the price point of the razor, or maybe I just don't get on with adjustables. I mean the Fatboy was nice, but not the earth-shattering zenith of wet shaving I expected. Anyway, I'll give it a few more days to prove itself before I return to my other razors.

Friday's shave

C&S No.88 soap
Simpson Colonel
W.Greaves & Sons 7/8
C&S No.88 ASL & cologne

After four or five attempts I just can't get this soap to work! Even loading plenty of soap on a barely damp brush as soon as I add a drop or two of water to build the lather it goes too thin & vanishes.. My emergency tube of D.R.Harris cream saved the shave. The aftershave and cologne however, are excellent.

Back
Top Bottom