SOTD : Saturday 15th May to Friday 21st May 2021.

187688367_4323497981008229_3132912162344326551_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TDS Rose Notes
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Rockwell Model T (3,4)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword 365 (2)

It is a well-known if totally made-up fact that colour coordinated shaves are better. Sharper, smoother, more enjoyable in general. Just me then? ;) First outing for the new Yaqi Chianti, and it's a dream. It's a little more solid out of the box than my other two Yaqis, and the straight to face lather it produced from the TDS soap was out of this world.
With the last couple of blades' performance through the Rockwell in mind, I approached today's shave with a little caution. I don't remember the last time I used a proper Wilkinson Sword blade - a GWS had an outing a few days ago - and from the off it was very talkative. Job done in two passes and tidy up. No irritation save for catching yesterday's nick:rolleyes:.
I'll give the Wilkinson another run tomorrow, then turn my thoughts to Gillette. I have a feeling a Winner or London Bridge will suit.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Thursday 20th May 2021

Shave Score 9.8/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: N/A
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Sharp Dressed Man
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 SB
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (1)
Post Shave ASL: Stirling Soap Co. Sharp Dressed Man
Post Shave Balm: Stirling Soap Co. Sharp Dressed Man
Post Shave Cologne: Stirling Soap Co. Sharp Dressed Man

Went with a theme today, achieved a FF BBS shave, and smelling great :)

Have a great day all.

Joe

IMG_0995.jpeg

FA31C0B7-65FC-4DB3-92BB-184049A51E1E.jpeg
yesterdays late night shave that I didn’t get around to posting ... crashed too hard afterwards

Pre: hot shower,
Brush: yaqi 24mm 2band badger
Sop: Stirling mountain man
Razor: ever ready 1912
Blade: gem ptfe #2

well what can I say, compared to a shave before - much much better. Only one tiny weeper where I’ve nicked a spot. Soap definitely made a lot of difference - way slicker and more cushioning .
Excellent shave with dfs+ result in 3 passes.

Thursday SOTD

ZsenKJn.jpg

Blackland Dart
Gillette Nacet
WCS 26mm Silvertip
B&M Oceana Soft Heart Base
B&M Oceana Aftershave ‌Splash‌ ‌‌ ‌‌

SOTD 20-May
20210520_121453.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Razor: Henckels Friodur 6/8 472
Brush: Razorock Monster
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato
Post: Cold Water and A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Aftershave Splash

A bit of rare early morning peace and quiet to enjoy the shave this morning. Absolutely love this A&E, the splash smell lasts a fair time but isn't over powering (at least to me).

Have a grand day all

Cheers

Marc

20/05/21
Pre: Shower, Cold water face rinse
Brush: Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap: Signature Soap Danum
Razor: Rex Ambassador Adjustable #2.75
Blade: NOS Gillette Bleue (8)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Gucci by Gucci
Aftershave: Signature Soap Danum
Wk20 (6ar).JPG
Very nice indeed!
The Vintage blade held up well enough, its definitely lost some of its smoothness but is still sharp enough, now then, do i push 1 more out of it or leave it on a high?:unsure:
The Danum Signature soap easily face lathered with the Smog boar, filling the air with a wonderful scent, for the last pass i did remove the excess from the top of the soap and placed it on my face to help the brush along, i find the Taj is still holding onto a bit.
3 passes for a BBS finish, as smooth and comfortable as you like. I love using the Rex.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom