SOTD Saturday 14th to Friday 20th March 2015

Long comb New

Early stainless Wilkinson Sword blade

Wickham Club Cola

Vulfix 404

T&H Trafalgar balm

Really surprised how quickly the Wickham lathered! Great scent, too, although wish it were stronger.

These early stainless blades are thicker than most others and start off very draggy indeed. Since there wasn't any soreness I ploughed on and after half a pass they became just a little tuggy and gave a decent result. Nice to experience arguably the first step on the road to producing some of the best DE blades ever made.

The T&H reminds me of Lucky Tiger - an orange Calpol kind of smell. (Pleasant enough but not my cup of tea.) I think there might be sandalwood and cedarwood in there as well which rounds it off nicely.

Thanks to fly3k for sending me the soap, blades and balm.

Sunday 15 March 2015

Sunday 15 March 2015

195925d1426424151-sun-march-15th-sat-march-21st-sotd-15032015.jpg

Mastro Livi Carbon Damascus Kamisori 5/8, French Point

I have always had a passion for Japanese kamisori and I have some of them in my collection. The same passion is for this stunning Mastro Livi kamisori, made of Mastro's carbon damascus steel, with a simple yet very elegant pattern. Not to mention the joy of shaving with Mastro Livi brush, an excellent silvertip badger with a large handle perfectly fitting my hand. Add to this the magnificence of a super performing shaving soap like Martin De Candre and the finishing touch of Floid Black, what I got is a a superb shave.​

• Pre-Shave: Myrsol Emulsión
  • Soap: Martin De Candre
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Silvertip Badger Makassar Ebony, 26mm knot
  • Bowl: Old Barber Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Carbon Damascus Kamisori 5/8, French Point
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd Black

Pre: RazoRock menthol/lime soap
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougère
Brush: Romera LE horn, 28mm Manchurian
Razor: Mongoose Satin w/Dr. Bomber handle
Blade: Feather Pro (3)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel, followed by CRSW Fougère Moderne balm
Great Saturday evening shave.

IMG_20150315_105935_310.jpg

Brush: Semogue Barbear Classico "Cerda"
Cream: Dezember by Tabula Rase + Ingram to take over
Razor: 37c
Blade: SuperMax Stainless (2)
ASL: SuperDrug Sierran Breeze

5th outing for the Dezember, for the life of me I can only make lather with this croap by using a good synthetic, unfortunately I prefer boars.

Using this little Semogue I get soapy thin mess and that's about it, adding more product didn't work.

So washed the brush off and pulled out the Ingram and got uber lather, can't believe TR ask so much for this soap!?

I am sorry to say and hate waste but for the first time ever I got rid of a shaving soap (delegated to my daughter's bath time play paraphernalia so didn't really chucked it out).

Prep: Body Shop maca root face scrub
Soap: Crabtree & Evelyn sandal wood
Brush: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth ebony synthetic
Blade: Shark super stainless
Razor: Merkur 25c open comb

The Merkur 25c is far less, yet much smoother and closer than the Muhle R41, from my experience anyway.

10 TT on bike:
https://www.strava.com/activities/268668393
(tough wind on the coast :( )

Hot Shower
Tabac Soap
Omega 49
EJ DE89 on Custom Satin "bullet" Handle.
Lada [2]
Blue Stratos AS
BS MR Face Protector
Lacoste Red EDT

16637510748_2407bbb13d_c.jpg

Nice drama free shave, very close and the Stainless "bullet" handle gives a great balance and feel to the EJ Head.
Nice job

English Fat Tech, Polsilver SI
Hand-carved Beech Finest 2-band
Wickham SS English Lavender
Benjamins Bay Rum
Unrefined Shea Butter

I am determined to persevere with this lovely, replated Tech and got pretty good results. If I can beaver away with it, I reckon it'll become my daily driver then back up when I take the plunge into the blood-letting world of straights. That soap is simply the best I've ever used, the Bay Rum is extraordinarily good value for money and the shea butter is sheer luxury. Very happy with today's progress.

... just waiting for two bottles of Benjamin's, the original and the mentholated. I've used them both before, but a new one to me is the Pimento which arrived the other day. Lovely burn on that one, but nothing even close to how VIBR burns. Nice! With all three, there's the regular, the face chiller and the face warmer. I notice Benjamin's also do a Florida Water, which I'll have to get in at some point.

Sunday

Evening, gents.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Gillette green 7 o'clock (2)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave soap: Wickham's Sheridan
Aftershave: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Rive Gauche Intense

Very good result.

Back
Top Bottom