razor - Twig
blade - Lodz Polsilver (1+2)
brush - Frank Shaving 22mm two-band
soap - Nivea cream
post - witch hazel
a/s - Nivea Sensitive
balm - Nivea Sensitive
scent - Essence Vault 481 - 'Terre d'Hermes'

Great - the first two uses of the Twig - I'm not going to come to any definite conclusions yet but initial impressions are extremely positive for me. First go was a six day growth, the second was two. What I immediately like about it - it is beautifully well designed, particularly the blade loading mechanism - the low profile head, I have never used a better razor under the nose and nostrils - the built quality for a razor of this price category. Both the shaves were super-close but with no worries about hurting myself, even straight out the box, my skin felt superb after each use. I can see immediately why they get compared to vintage Schick injectors - the fixed angle the head is set at is similar. So far so good - I'll use it for a while to see how it works in the long run but - as I say - first impressions were very good indeed. Enjoy shaving one and all - yours - I.

17/08/21
Pre - Cold water Face wash
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - OSP Old Gold
Razor - 6S Plate #4
Blade - Rapira Swedish Super (2)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tester Barts F
A/S - Pinaud Whisky Woods

Wk33 (3).JPG

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Tuesday AM 2021-08-17
National #2 Pencil Day
mz8E6KJ.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3XXL Ivory Finest (32/52)
Crabtree & Evelyn Lavender shaving cream (vintage)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB 17-4
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (3)
Yardley English Lavender aftershave (vintage)
IyIQEpp.jpg

FDFFED15-F5F2-4F92-A246-9D38DB991E5E.jpeg

Warm rinse and wash with Isle of Skye Soap Company Lemongrass
ES Citrus Kiss cream
ES Medium Jock synthetic
OneBlade Genesis
Modified GEM (3)
Warm/cold rinse, Thayers Unscented, Nivea 2 Phase, Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine balm

A simple and gentle shave is all that was needed this evening so step up the great performing but utterly dull OneBlade Genesis. No concentration or attention really needed for this razor but the final result is always impressive.

Smoother than Sade’s operator.

Have a great evening folks!

EBD9AA76-E011-4E16-86D8-C91B43651A6E.jpeg
Prep: Shower with Boots no. 7 energising face scrub.

Pre: PAA unscented cube.

Soap: Yaqi Malibu

Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite Synthetic Shaving Brush

Razor: Karve D plate

Blade: Gillette winner.

A late as I spent the day paint and only finished an hour or so ago. I thought I’d give the new Yaqi a run out and it was pleasantly surprising. A light but slick lather with a great post shave feel, the base is a significant improvement on the sandalwood they first bought out though not as strong a scent. I don’t normally like milder scents but I’ll give this another outing as it feels great and has a pleasant light summer breeze smell to it.

Tuesday 17th August

AM-JKLUfvXjWTxtBrsUK1XrxD1zzQGlhg7jGnf_CePrfq0sBCwgZu8_U8BlHBXLq2LKuS1ldELxTbEQcX8LyXV4fdYMvqTGexrdu_G3cTZDSY4SDANcuBPbfHZHjHn1nxsZCejVzQXVPIdJaAqn-amR3tSo4FA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
OSP Sandalwood Shaving Cream
RazoRock Bruce w/Plissoft Synthetic 24mm
Star Safety Bar Lather Catcher
GEM by Personna Stainless PTFE (2)
Rose of Bulgaria Aftershave

Lovely!
I met Tom Baker once, it was at a signing for an audiobook or something which happened to fall on my birthday. I was struggling to contain my joy at meeting him.

And written with the theme 'Tuggy Boat'

IMG_20210817_224340.jpg

Tugging from behind - Ikon B1
Pulling the head - Polsilver Lodz
Pushing in - Yaqi Dandelion
Push pull - Extro Arancia

Being a very long term regular reader of Viz (about the height of my intellect in terms of literature) I was rather pleased when this appeared in the most recent issue......

IMG_20210817_141145_edit_22954850721496.jpg

(Thinking about it, about the height of my intellect in anything)

A conversation between me and a pilot and recorded by another boat who must have been Ripping themselves. Double entendre terminology

Pilot: I'm right in the bell mouth dont pull me off yet.

You: I'm right aft with nothing on just the occasional snatch

Nowt to do with shaving but now over to the nitty gritty of this evening's face scraping exercise.

This week saw me bring the Ikon away as razor of choice at work and what a very fine choice it was. Perfection everytime and it manages to tell me not everything in shaving revolves around SE's. I have rated this razor highly since I first came acquainted with it and it still sets standards. I remain obsessed with the Lodz blade and it will be a sad day when there are no more left :(. But until that day I shall cherish every shaving moment with them

Brush, cream? Don't need to say much more beyond 'super' because they are.

A lovely welcome shave with exceptional results and every reason to be happy. And with a first mate like mine wouldn't you want to be a Tuggy?

IMG-20210816-WA0002.jpg

Chasing a floating block of council flats the other morning

And with love to Digimonkey from Yoshi

Back
Top Bottom