SOTD : Saturday 13th July - Friday 19th July

Saturday 13th July SOTD

Tabac Stick
YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
RazoRock Game Changer
Voskhod (1)
Vitos Tobacco Aftershave

I snuck in a late evening shave last night, having driven from from Nottingham to St Austell I 'ndeed' a bit of R&R.
My best shave yet with the Game Changer, loaded with a fresh Voskhod - no irritation or weepers
Treat yourself to a pint of Tribute whilst you're in the area. St Austell Brewery is also worth a visit.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Shave of the day. 14th July.

Prep ~ MWF Bath soap
Razor ~ Solingen Revisor 7/8
Soap ~ MWF
Brush ~ Brad Sears ~ Gonzo
Post ~ Barts ~ Lavender aftershave lotion
Scent ~ Guerlain Jicky EdP

This is a singing razor giving loads of audible feedback and also holds a very good edge making for a wonderful shave. Still loving the MWF! :)

Have a nice day folks.........., P.image.jpeg

Sat 13th /Sun 14th July

Cyril Salter / Maseto ED.2Band
P & B Spitfire
Occams V2- No2 plate
Schick Proline [ 3/4 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Lotion

Out both Sat & Sun so wanted a long lasting Shave, so chose the Occams for both days as it really is proving, despite its skeletal looks to produce top quality Shaves. In fact a friend who has this and the Vector, says the latter is better. All I can say after the finish that I to today the Vector must be really good. However, I have at the moment resisted kind offers
of the loan of one - so that I can resist the temptation of trying to get one for myself.

IMG_0577.jpg

14/07/19
Pre shave prep: Pear Transparent Original
Brush: Omega 63185 Pure Badger
Soap: OSP Neroli
Razor: Rocnel SE-P 316
Blade: 0.5 Astra SP (2)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, my new homemade Bay Rum Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Copycat Just Neroli

20190714_090145 (2).jpg

A very satisfying Sunday Morning Shave.
The Omega is a very soft brush and should only really be used on creams, today I placed some OSP soap shavings into the bottom of the bowl and added some hot water to soften and bloom the soap, I let the bowl float in a sink-full of hot water and the brush soaking in the scuttle while I took a shower.
With a little work, Success! a normal slick lovely scented lather, I know Neroli is not to everyone's taste but I really like it, the brush is soft on the face with a little scritch as the lather goes on.
As I have previously said the Rocnel takes preparation to use, I get a very satisfying feeling using it as it has been named "the most dangerous F&&%%*g Razor in the world" by an idiot, absolute nonsense.
This morning I had 3 wonderful, comfortable passes WTG/XTG & ATG without issue, the Astra is well suited in this razor, I may get 3 full shaves from a half blade.
Nothing from the Alum block, a splash of my new homemade Bay Rum scented Witch Hazel, definite vanilla and toffee notes in there, its nice, I did not write the recipe down (doh!).
The Bart's Lime Balm and Lotion really felt nice going on and then a good splash of Copycat Just Neroli - Beautiful
Big smiles all round this morning, Very comfortable face feel, BBS finish and smelling absolutely Nerolied up. What's not to like.
So it will be a beach walk with the dogs then off to visit the Mothership.
I hope your shaves give you as much as I got from mine today, Have a wonderful Sunday All.

Last edited:
Sunday 14th July

The Sudsy Soapery Top O' The Morning
Semogue 1305
Pils 101NE
Feather
Pitralon Classic

With a top performing soap, a magnificent razor and one of my favourite brushes what could possibly go wrong? Well forgetting to put a blade in the razor put a small spanner in the works, but I'm sure I'm not the first to make that mistake. A lovely shave. Enjoy your Sunday gents.

6180D0CA-9BB1-45CE-A5BC-23BC3C77CF87.jpeg

Today's shave:

rdt19071467ka5.jpg

- Savon des Volcans Lavande Romarin
- Plisson L'Occitane
- Gibbs with Gillette 7O'C blade
- Pour Un Homme de Caron aftershave

:D

Haslinger Sheep milk
SOC Cherrywood boar
ATT M1 Hempel titanium barberpole
Merkur SS #5
Thayers cucumber witch hazel

Ahead shave followed by a facial shave to remove two days growth, what a relaxed easy shave with a smooth face feel. Will add a splash of cologne when I go out for Sunday Lunch. Have a relaxing day to enjoy the variety of sporting events on to day .[emoji967][emoji462][emoji2189][emoji964]

• Gillette Slim Twist
  • Lord Classic (1)
  • Il Ceppo Synthetic
  • Elly's Wondershop - Iced Green Banana
  • Van der Lovett Aftershave Balm - Sailors Blend
  • Rituals - Sultan de Muscat
My first round with the soaps from the Ukraine, no Prep, as i wanted to feel how good the soap itself offered skin protection and a layer for the razor to glide on, it did and it was good. The foaming took a bit more work then my regular soaps (Stirling, Noble Otter and such) but that was due to some experimenting to get the amount of water right for this glycerine soap. The smell when opening the tub, is straight up Banana's, but alas, that smell disappears in the foam, where only the menthol is noticeable. Not bad perse but for a scent addict like me, a let down. I do hope there are some amongst the rest that will stand up a bit stronger, and not all will follow this pattern.
As a shaving soap it works great, it leaves you with a nice feeling skin, but, i want to be hit with banana's and preferably also smell them right after the whole ritual is concluded. As they are Glycerin soaps, there are possibilities, melting them and adding scent oils and menthol crystals is an option, one that normal soaps do not offer, but out of the box this one falls short.
The Gillette Slim Twist was used for the first time, a nice mild shaver, but that long handle is more a bother than a help for me. As it is a lazy Sunday, there are still some anarchistic stubble left, but i won't bother today ;-)

Sunday 14th July

Pears Glycerine Soap
Speick Shave Stick
dscosmetic/Maggard's 24mm Timberwolf synthetic Brush
Focus R28 Slim Al with a Wilkinson/Gillette Blade
Alum and Rinse
Speick Aftershave
Aloe Vera Gel

A beautiful Sunday Shave with 2 passes and a touch up to give a perfect face feeling finish. If I was to pack a bag and go 'walkabout' I would be happy enough if this was the only razor I could take!

Back
Top Bottom