SOTD: Saturday 13 April - Friday 19 April 2024.

Artisinal April?

Saturday 13th April

AP1GczNBAsQKdAWPIsOtKtBsMRj0prCAQHwIMYaaPIzCJLrRB-yD8cu8RuMjMS-ZA0hwPfsm5W2KMNyYv2GcLz6cpF25r9KxF-03lo-HmEn_9KRUacsszU7c1IVjkF4_uSlCeN17JIIEt95J5oRiVzKSAZvDpA=w800

Lasheba Ghassoul Shaving Soap & Omega 98 Professional
Leaf Twig (Prism) & Zorrik Super Stainless (1)
Pashana Aftershave

Back to Artisinal April and a shaving soap I bought some years ago and they've not stocked it since. The ingredient list is hilarious: Organic Ghassoul, Organic Hemp Seed Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Raw Coconut Oil, Organic Raw Cocoa Butter, Organic Raw Shea Butter, Organic Cocoa Powder, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Cassia Obovata Powder, Pure Essential Oils of Orange, Sage, Turmeric & Patchouli, Organic Nettle, Fennel, Peppermint Infusion, Aqua (Water), Glycerine, Sodium Palmate, Sucrose, Sodium Cocoate, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Organic Cocoa Powder & Bay Rum Essential Oil ... so, everything in the spice cupboard and then some?

Super soap, though. Loads (and I mean LOADS) of residual slip.

... which was lovely for some buffing with my (new to me) Leaf Twig in Prism which I bought from @CunningMrFox the other day. I've already got a Twig in Mercury, which I love using but absolutely prefer this colour. Superb! There was a trend in electro-plating?etching? fencing blades like this some years ago, so it's a nice memory pick-up for me.

Continuing my journey with SuperMax and trying out one that eluded me back when I wrote this: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/six-weeks-in-supermax.53997/ ... the Zorrik Super Stainless, which I got from RBC a few weeks ago. It's the same blade as the Vidyut/SuperMax Super Stainless in the blue packaging - the one that kinda resembles Wizamet? It's my baseline blade anyway, so a highly enjoyable shave and super-easy, super-straightforward. Straight-up 8/10 without really trying.

View attachment 119335

Preshave - Founders Reserve Oil
Razor - Razorine Flatboy
Blade - Perma-Sharp
Brush - TSC Best Badger
Lather - Proraso Red
Splash - Brut

View attachment 119336

Not the best shave today. A bit rough. All gear I usually get on well with, but I'm a tired and rundown so that might be why. That can affect how my skin reacts.
Heck of a smile on that blade.

20240413_174318~2.jpg

My Artisinal April Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Badger.
Soap Signature soaps Coria.
Razor Blackland vector OC
Blade Feather Pro (1).
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Ultra Male.

A cracking shave tonight with the OC plate and could definitely feel the sharpness in the Feather after my run out with the Pro Guard.
The Signature soaps Coria and Highlander brush produced a soft ice cream like lather and did the job perfectly.
A glass like finish after 2 passes and a touch up or two.
Have a great evening everyone.

SOTD: 14th April 2024.

34.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Vie-Long 21mm Horse hair.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Arko Cool Shaving Cream.
Blade: KCG. (D2)
Razor: Baili BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Arko Cool After Shave-Cologne + ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

A wonderful performance from the Chinese Gillette super speed clone & KCG blade duo.

I haven't gave my Vie-Long horse hair brush a run out for a while and forgot how much backbone the brush has with the softness of the tips. I find you get the best from them using the "brushing strokes" method when lathering to prevent tangles in the knot.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Arko Fresh ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sat 13th April

Aleppo soap-Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
Stirling Baker Street
Occams Enoch
Schick Proline ( 3 )
Alcolado Glacial A/S splash

Last time out with The Enoch was not so good, as my skin was very dry and shaving was not pleasant.Today was good and completed very quickly as the Razor is very efficient.

IMG_0989.jpeg

Last edited:
14/04/24
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - AP Shave Co UBrush 24mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor - Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd 1899 - 1923. The Kropp 6/8th #2
Blade - @Tony'schin
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Arran soap Co. Machrie
A/S - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Wk 16 (2).jpg
My Kropp pair were 2 of the razors re-honed last week, It performed very well today, shaving smoothly and singing throughout the shave.
A very enjoyable bit of sink time this morning.
Enjoy your day all.

14 April

TOBS St. James
Cadman M55
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Proraso Sensitive balm
Armani Code edt

7F86DED3-9705-464C-8FF0-0B96C7A80585.jpeg
Another top class shave with the Blackbird, it seems to really click with me at the moment. I’ll reluctantly be changing it tomorrow as the blade was starting to fade a bit on the last bit of the second pass. The custom Cadman is a fantastic brush with a 30mm knot and made some really nice leather this morning.

IMG_4839.jpeg

SOTD: 13/04/2024

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium, 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Unscented Hard Puck Puck
Aftershave: Yaqi The Green Aftershave
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Citrus Bomb

IMG_4848.jpeg

SOTD: 14/04/2024

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium, 2nd use
Brush: Highlander Olive Wood Boti New Tuxedo
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Croap
Aftershave: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Aftershave
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Indonesian London Bridge ( 3 )
Brush = Turn N Shave 26mm Boar Stoat Custom
Soap = Cella Aloe Vera with matching
splash & balm

IMG_1377.jpegA wonderful 3 pass afternoon shave.
On Nightshift & up far too early but shaving takes away the blues.
Although nothing wrong with this soap it’s went quite hard unlike the original i bought at the same time which still retains its original form.
As i say it doesn’t affect the performance but just a bit annoying.
I’m easily annoyed lol.
Enjoy your Sunday chill time boys

Sunday 14 April
Straightforward simple shave Sunday, two piece theme, two piece Alpha synthetic, two piece Parker SoloEdge Loaded with a Gillette
7 o’clock Sharp Edge, soap by Sterling.
Razor feels on the mild side but still a good even though more passes and pick ups were required compared to a more aggressive razor. The blade was still good after 3 uses. Eventual bbs finish was achieved without irritation, so happy boy I am.
Enjoy Sunday fellas!

IMG_0576.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom