SOTD : Saturday 12th March - Friday 18th March 2022.

Tuesday AM 2022-03-15
Christopher Columbus arrived back in Spain from his first voyage to the Caribbean on this date in 1493
BfoyNvU.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Ivory Finest (26/60)
Crabtree & Evelyn Almond Oil shaving cream (vintage)
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass
Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' (7)
RazoRock R-160 Sweet Almond aftershave balm
wO8xNj4.jpg

Muppetry. Actually maybe we ought to have a separate thread for Muppetry. Third shave with the Slim, still the same Gillette Platinum in there, and I was a bit tired admittedly, but damn I'm sure it wasn't this aggressive yesterday.

In a moment of utter numptification I had done half the first pass without having turned the base that last quarter turn to shut the doors properly! Got away with it somehow, (I'm used to straights I guess!) but after remedying my error I was back to a lovely smooth shave. D'oh!

88A4391B-86AB-4142-8190-F986FD35339E.jpeg
SOTD: 15/03/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3A
Blade: Schick Proline P-30, 8th use
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Phoenix And Beau Trafalgar Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix And Beau Trafalgar Aftershave
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A delightful shave from the Hawk. I have had to except the Hone 15S is going to be a delayed purchase, as my bed mattress is on its arse and just as I hit my shavings level to get it, boom it’s gone, as the wife and I both have had enough and need to get a new one! Oh well I’m a big boy and with toys as great as this wonderful shaver, I will more than survive! It’s so good I genuinely haven’t felt the need to look at another SE, (well a vector is on the list but never available!)
This soap is way off my usual scent preferences but I just love the way it captures the essence of the sea so beautifully.
Enjoy the day guys.

Muppetry. Actually maybe we ought to have a separate thread for Muppetry. Third shave with the Slim, still the same Gillette Platinum in there, and I was a bit tired admittedly, but damn I'm sure it wasn't this aggressive yesterday.

In a moment of utter numptification I had done half the first pass without having turned the base that last quarter turn to shut the doors properly! Got away with it somehow, (I'm used to straights I guess!) but after remedying my error I was back to a lovely smooth shave. D'oh!

Yea I've done that with a Tech. Loosened the head to clean it after a shave, next day just picked it up and used it. Was a bit harsh and I only noticed when the head started spinning.

Wed 16 SOTD
Soap Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Splash
Very nice soap! The scent is nice, the lather is creamy and slick...awesome!
The razor's edge is smooth and comfortable after the balsa and buffalo strop. For a workday-SR-shave, managed a brief 3passes without any issues for a dfs-ccs result...nice!! The matching aftershave was great!
20220316_122355.jpg

SOTD 16-Mar
20220311_151151.jpg
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: P&B BlueBird
Razor: Blackland Era SB (5)
Blade: Nacet (3)

I think that nacet was done, not the smoothest whip around, think a fresh one is needed for tomorrow. Should've just changed the blade straight off but I was too impatient for that. Feedback on the splash gave me a little warning ahead of tomorrow!

Still a smooth enough finish for working from home.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

275603114_381875956775293_399125576521262460_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Executive Shaving Bay Rum cream
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: 1958 Gillette TV Special Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)

In my hand the Super Speed definitely requires more care than the Merkur to avoid little nicks or weepers. Brilliant finish though, so worth the effort :giggle:

After my muppetry yesterday of forgetting to properly secure the TTO knob, that can be the theme for today's shave (which was great).

4th outing for this Platinum blade and it is still super comfy.

Mind the doors! Mind the closing doors please! : Gillette Slim.

Come on baby light my fire : Gillette Platinum (4)

Ooh shut that door! : LEA stick.

Terry Wogan's trousers : Tabac AS.

20220316_085723.jpg

Back
Top Bottom