SOTD : Saturday 12th June to Friday 18th June 2021.

Prep: Shower with PAA cube.

Pre: PAA cube.

Soap: CRSW sandalwood

Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger.

Razor: Gillette Fatboy

Blade: Persona Viking Sword

Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and Baxter’s aftershave balm.
Great shave soap, a light yet creamy lather, the Fatboy complemented the soap with an equally light but efficient shave.

Attachments

• 4755DCA8-2359-44B7-865C-EB3DAA683F83.jpeg
    4755DCA8-2359-44B7-865C-EB3DAA683F83.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 7

SOTD : 17th June 2021.

116.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.+ Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega 48.
Face Lather.
Lather : Phoenix & Beau Star Noir Shaving Soap.
Blade: Voskhod. (D2.)
Razor: Merkur 39c.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. +3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Baylis & Harding Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Last outing of the Voskhod TC blade which has performed wonderfully throughout the week.... Another smooth efficient combo with the Merkur 39c slant mowing through my stubble with effortless ease making my early morning shave a pleasurable experience...Each and every blade that i have used over the past month or so have been wonderful if i where to choose a favourite it would be the Gillette Nacet. Near on equally par it would be the GSB, and the Yellow 7 o'clock Sharpedge....I would also like to mention that i have other Russian made blades that i like that give good satisfactory shaves.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop splash of Baylis & Harding Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Thu 17 SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger New 1st Use
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Willy's Premium 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + TGS Orange Empire
Soap is good but today's lather from the brush although slick enough was abit thin and foamy...possibly unfamiliar with this new brush which is kinda stout and somehow the creamy lather was swallowed up...hahaha, interesting indeed.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good enough and reasonably smooth for a dfs finish. The blade feels abit struggling around the neck area. It's time for the blade to be ditched. Aftershaves were awesome!
20210617_101035.jpg

TniPgSb.jpg

Another one of those lesser known. Maybe written by her sister, June Austen. Also lesser known and never mentioned anywhere, including birth records.
Certainly, I don't think it was written by Janis, Janine or Jocasta - her sisters. Actually, it was written by Dave Austen - who had to overcome a gender handicap at the time. Don't start me on the Bronte brothers. ;) - I.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Thursday 17th June 2021

Shave Score 9.90/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: P&B Lavendula Vegan Soap
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: RR GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (1)
Post Shave ASL: Figaro - BlueIce
Post Shave Balm: P&B Spitfire
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Today was meant to be my first shave with a slant as shown in the picture (Fatip Lo Storto), but I found the top cap and top of the base plate to be pitted, so that will hopefully be winging its way back shaving station soon, the RR GC .84 stood in faithfully for me and with the perma-sharp delivered another FF/BBS Shave :)

The new P&B Vegan Soap was very nice to use, a subtle scent, tons of residual slickness left after a pass, easy to face lather after 15 seconds of load up.

Damm it, I just realised I stuck it in a tin, It's just I prefer not having a soggy box, sorry @Boycie83 :)

Have a good day all.

Joe

IMG_1138.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom