SOTD: Saturday 12 August - Friday 18 August 2023.

SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - Rockwell 6S (plate 5), Southern Witchcraft Autumn Ash (soap & splash), Schick blade
Head - Leaf razor, Mitchell's Wool Fat, Treet Platinum saloon blades
Yaqi Lucky Dice Tuxedo brush
La Roche Posay B5 Balm

I know it's not Autumn yet but it's been a while and both my SW sets are Autumnal scents, likewise I love the scent on this...and wanted to see if the other half had warmed to it any - what was I meant to do ‍♂️

1000006056.jpg

Tuesday 15th August

AIL4fc8cxrMM2kmmn0G4xIvBO-PIUfN2Si0HU0GrLbDPgehD11JRmDahOFjd_TtT05Wwg7BSrzVTACu8RpsLLH-l-t7uYCJ7UkVRCkxbZed8jHlraKbwCH3TFpY6TUyw_qkyNFNLN16Xf7zr3Em2RQjPHM1KSw=w800

Mitchell's Wool Fat (Veg) Shaving Soap & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Muhle Rocca Stainless & Treet DuraSharp (Carbon) (2)
Imperial Leather Classic (Vintage) Aftershave

Same again.

New toy and a double headed SOTD for a double edged delight. And this one arrives on your screen complete with the theme, 'Mild, meek and fairy liquid'

Under no condition was either of these shaves carried out using Fairy Liquid as a lather

Monday

20230814_203711.jpg

Mild - Feather AS-D2
Not Mild - Feather blade
Meek - PAA Pelegrino
Milky - Signature Soaps Condate
Murky - L'Occitane Cade balm
Mellow - Extro Arzachena

'Do you know how I became pregnant?'
'Fairy liquid'

At least that was the excuse I gave when explaining to my wife's parents how their 18 year old daughter became with child. They finally came around to talking to me again 30 years later.

Meek and mild. Best description I can give for the ASD2, but for something so mild the results are far from it. Not the most difficult of razors to find the correct angle as it does naff all if you don't find it. It kind of slips and slides around doing a great slipping and sliding act. But get that sweet spot and smooth, clean and close are there to be had.

I assume I must have hit its G-Spot pretty quickly though as an orgasmic result resulted. Must be that Fairy Liquid again

Damn it that's a yes yes. But according to these ladies it's definitely a NO NO. Damn it.

Tuesday. That is what I shall call this day

20230815_184529.jpg
Big softy - Feather AS-D2
Not big not soft - Feather blade
Soft brush - Hive-2
Soft cream, not - Veritas Vincent
Soft face - Collagen
Smelly big softy - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime

'WABC Colombia and a good morning. You're all twats'

Now this is where the Feather comes in to its own, as a daily driver. A follow up shave the next night and a blindingly smooth and comfortable shave with sterling results. I could quite easily shave with this razor every day if I was a guaranteed daily shaver. Which I'm not. In fact the only thing I can guarantee is annoyance. I do get a niggly feeling though a change to another blade brand will elevate it further. Seems odd that I think Feather blades are not the best match for their own razor.

Who wants a daily driver though? We want more of everything.

The Varitas cream is a new one to me and came very kindly from a TSR member who then later told me, 'It gave me a rash'. Thanks matey. Nice to know you don't mind someone else having facial blemishes to save your own. Thankfully, it didn't, because otherwise it was going to be 'Do you burn?' time. In fact it was quite the opposite and a bloody superb cream with an amazing lime scent. It kind of reminds me of the Gentleman's Tonic cream which sits somewhere in the middle between cream and soap without being a croap. Very impressed by it and thank you that man.

So once again a very nice turn out for team shave and happy bunnyism all round.

In some ways I will look forward to a return to something a bit more aggressive but I am very happy to have the Feather in the cabinet of dreams where it will join the R89 in that place when mild is the way to go. And that is a little more often than I may lead folk to think otherwise.

Some Japanese ladies? I should Damn well think so. From Japanese Feather razors to Japanese girls with Feathers. Over to you Fate Gear....

I was too disorganised to post when the shaves actually happened, so here I go with a two-shave post:
Razorock Hawk V2 :: Feather Pro blade (1) :: Semogue SOC brush :: Lea Classic cream and splash
IMG_20230812_145959.jpg
My second foray into SE shaving. The first was a few days before with the same setup, except with a Feather Soft Guard blade I had around. That was so horrible I switched to a trusty DE razor midway through the first pass. I must have dulled the blade somehow. The Pro (thank you @Magnum1912) was much nicer, SE may be a go once I learn to handle there razor a bit better and get proper blades.

Karve Overlander Alu razor :: Gillette 7 O'clock green blade (1) :: Yaqi cola brush :: Stirling Electric Sheep soap and splash
IMG_20230815_214304.jpg
This was simply comfortable and smooth.

Sotd-16-08-23.png
ATT AL - m plate - PermaSharp Super - Frank Shaving two-band - Squadron Group Captain's Blend - RR Santa Maria del Fiore - Avon moisturiser - Essence Vault 211 (V&R Spice Bomb) -

I very seldom shave with the same software two days in a row but this combo is peerless for me. Spice Bomb - where have you been all my life? The clone will be replaced with the real thing - of that there is no doubt. Time to track down some A&E Revolution soap. :) - cheers - I.

SOTD: 16/08/2023

Razor: Leaf Shave Twig
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium, 3rd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Eufros Premium Tallow Dama De Noche Puck
Aftershave: Myrsol Don Miguel 1919 Aftershave
Balm: Eufros Premium Tallow Dama De Noche Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice day!

16/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Ariana & Evans L'Orange Verte
Razor - Pearl Blaze / Ikon Bulldog Handle
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Barbour "2016" EDT
Wk 33 (5).jpg
The Ikon handle is a great partner for the Blaze razor. 3 passes for a very comfortable BBS finish.
Nice that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Wednesday 16 August
it was almost a year ago today that I last used my Parker adjustable injector. It was my first example of such a razor. The first experience was a disappointment but then I had tried to shave with the shipping blank blade :ROFLMAO:. I was also not that impressed at the time with the real Parker blades.
Hence how it has languished unloved in my collection.
Today however, fitted with a 5th use B-20 it delivered an excellent finish on its midpoint in 2 passes and pick ups. Saponificio Manna de Scicilia easily lathered up with my dinky little Rubberset synthetic re-knot. Again no issues or irritation. Dunhill edition after shave splash and a happy boy I was.
And the Parker has rejoined the Ekeko active razor fraternity!
Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0234.jpeg

SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - Rockwell 6S (plate 5), Southern Witchcraft Autumn Ash (soap & splash), Schick blade
Head - Leaf razor, Mitchell's Wool Fat, Treet Platinum saloon blades
Yaqi Lucky Dice Tuxedo brush
La Roche Posay B5 Balm

I know it's not Autumn yet but it's been a while and both my SW sets are Autumnal scents, likewise I love the scent on this...and wanted to see if the other half had warmed to it any - what was I meant to do ‍♂️

View attachment 110087
That soap is made about 80 miles from where I live. The few I have are great performers.

Back
Top Bottom