SOTD: Saturday 12 August - Friday 18 August 2023.

Tue 15
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Island Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Razor Lakeside Cutlery Chicago, ILL
Fabulous lather from this soap, it is richly creamy and slick! Together with the matching splash, the scent is wonderful!
It was a buttery smooth, soft & crisply keen shave with this razor. Enjoyed 3 passes mowing down a 3 days growth for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230815_165627.jpg

15/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus Pure Bristle 1950
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H3 "Travel"
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
Wk 33 (4).jpg
A very smooth, comfortable BBS finish from 3 passes today. I may even have 2 shaves left in this old tube of cream.
A nice post shave routine with the homemade balm running out. I may make up some more, saying that i have plenty of others to go at.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

15 August

TOBS St James
Blackland Signature
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Feather Hi-Stainless
Lucky Tiger face tonic

0C8B8B81-B016-492D-995C-FE9227D38860.jpeg
The Taylor’s is a top notch cream and never disappoints, similarly the Ikon gives a really good shave and seldom disappoints. Today I wasn’t disappointed.

D711E206-8719-44E2-8BE7-BCD69F7F66AA.jpeg

Simpson Duke 3 Super
Schick Krona
Polsilver Łódź (3)
Nanny’s Silly Soap Moroccan Sands
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
OSP Belgravia Barbershop a/s

I’m continually impressed by The Veritas base.
It’s incredibly slick and cushioning, providing an excellent and glossy lather with minimal effort.

Enjoy yours gents.

IMG_2535.jpeg

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: DR Harris Windsor
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: James Bronnley Original EDT

Tuesday 15 August
Schick Type L1, 1965 to 1980, probably their cheapest, popular razor at the time. The L series ran to 6 versions including some specials, L2 Stick Schick (car gearshift lever handle) and L3 Schick Grip (tennis raquet handle). L4 Easy Rider yellow handle ( :unsure: ), L5 Schick II twin blade with blue handle and then the L6 Championship razor, at the time of the Olympics, either Munich 1972 or Montreal 1976.
I digress, apologies but I find the Schick history fascinating.
I used the Schick proline B20 for its 4th outing. Williams soap lathered easily with the synthetic re knot brush. Passes wtg followed by atg and then clean up produced another really close finish with no issues. All hail Schick, I’ve yet to use a Schick that doesn’t deliver.
Enjoy the evening fellas!

IMG_0233.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_2566.jpeg
SOTD: 14/08/2023

Razor: Reggie’s Razor Titan
Blade: Derby Extra, 2nd use
Brush: Highlander Copper Colonel Plissoft Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C White Star Southern Comfort Puck
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Tobacco Touch EdP

IMG_2570.jpeg
SOTD: 15/08/2023

Razor: Reggie’s Razor Titan
Blade: Derby Extra, 3rd use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Le Mafioso Puck
Fragrance: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male Eau de Toilette

As the previous days shaves with the Titan both of these went really well and very close, comfortable and easy! It’s a great razor but I’m only going to be torturing myself if I keep it longer, so I’m making today my last shave.
Many thanks for organising the passaround Chris, I’ve throughly enjoyed it and it’s a far more capable razor than I was expecting to from a first time razor maker! It’s another to add to my list and one of the few DE’s I now want to get!

Back
Top Bottom