SOTD: Saturday 12 August - Friday 18 August 2023.

SOTD: 12th August 2023.

5.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Frank Shaving 22mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Blue Shaving Cream.
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated. (D1)
Razor: SNMIRN Adjustable. (settings) 4-wtg,8-atg,+pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils + 3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Sport Style ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...The Snmirn razor (Merkur Futur Clone ) is probably a mk2 version of the Ming Shi 2000s/Q-shave which arrived first in 2017-18.

Apparent differences with the Snmirn adj for me are that it feels heavier in weight than the Ming Shi 2000s, the razor head is slightly smaller which is a added bonus for me also making it feel more comfortable to handle and use....Since I've had the Snmirn adj I skipped the settings 0.5- 3 as I know the blade gap on these settings would be a little too mild for my beard type...Starting with setting no: 4 on the wtg pass works for me then taking it to the max setting no:8 setting for the atg+pick up passes gives the razor a much more noticeable blade feel & efficiency but still feeling comfortable with no feeling of blade chatter.

The razor has a good balance, the adjustment mechanism works well, and stays on the setting of choice with no movement. The blade alignment is equal on both sides the top cap is held in position by a series of magnets rather than a press on cap or thread ,which I was doubtful about at first, thinking it was just a gimmick to catch the attention of the consumer, however, the magnets work really well holding the top cap firm with no indication of movement or coming off during the shave.

How long it'll last time will tell, but for now it holds the cap in place with no feeling of trepidation that the blade will dislodge itself whilst shaving.

Like the Ming Shi 2000s a design feature that i really like is the blade ends are covered by the top cap which is a added bonus with no fear of catching when shaving under the nose, and around the ears.

Another enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off a with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth cool and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sat 12
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor Joseph Rodgers 5/8
Nice lather qualities & scent from the soap, brush, and splash combination!
The razor was refreshed on the 0.1um balsa and stropped on the roo leather. Enjoyed 3 smooth passes but the edge can be keener. Time to go through the full progression again...
20230812_143130.jpg

I apologise for breaking protocol yesterday by not having a 'And for my final entry for this past week....etc etc'.

So for my first entry for this new week of SOTD's the theme shall be, 'And for my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I present to you my shave themed....'

That was the theme in case you are expecting something more profound.

20230811_151802.jpg

The revelations razor - Ikon B1
Apocalyptic blade - Polsilver Lodz
End of days brush - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Conclusive soap - Signature Soaps Wicstun
Final post shave - Pure moisturiser
Closing scent - Hermes terre

'And the gathered crowd ran away at the thought of yet another SOTD'

If it came down to 'One shave to rule them all' this little bunch wouldn't be far off it. Throw together some of my all time favourite bristle removing implements and the results would only be inevitable. And they were. No collateral, no drama, just a shave of supreme perfection. Oh happy days.

It must be at the thought of being presented with those Puffyshoes which you thought you'd escaped. Well you didn't......

Last edited:
IMG_2518.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS Scotch Wood Folding
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Arran Aromatics Machrie
Aftershave: Arran Aromatics Machrie Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Arran Aromatics Machrie EDT

12/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #2
Soap - Martin De Candre Fougère
Razor - Blackland Blackbird
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Martin De Candre Limette
Wk 33 (1).jpg
Crackin shave that, This Blackbird always delivers, as does the Duke 2 and MDC.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt230812jsdk1.jpg

- St. James Mandarin & Patchouli cream
- Jannik Wald SynBad
- Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 with ASP blade
- St. James Mandarin & Patchouli gel

:D

SOTD: 12/08/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional (SE), 5th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Martin De Candre Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Craftsman Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Nice weekend !

IMG_2562.jpeg
SOTD: 12/08/2023

Razor: Reggie’s Razor Titan
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Noble Otter Jack Puck
Aftershave: Noble Otter Jack Aftershave

Another great shave with the Titan but marginally less comfortable with the feather blade. I did think it may be a tad much but wanted to try it with a sharper blade. I’m sure it didn’t help that I was short on time this morning, but I gave myself a couple of nicks due to not taking my time in key neck areas. That said there was no other irritation and it seems like a minor improvement closeness wise. Though I’m not sure I’d want to use it everyday as it may get too much. I’ll try it again tomorrow to see how it feels, before going back to a milder blade like the Derby in it. I really do appreciate and enjoy the lightness of the razor more than I expected. At this midway point through trying it out, I guess the only criticism I could have is the handle, it’s well made, looks good and never feels likely to slip, and while I normally love a modern and simple design I guess I just prefer something different, maybe with shallower grooves. I’m genuinely being picky as I’m aware I can be overly gushing when it comes to pass around a bit this is a very good first impression and razor from a new company. Well done @Reggie’s Razors

Back
Top Bottom