SOTD: Saturday 12 August - Friday 18 August 2023.

12/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #1
Soap - Martin De Candre Fougère
Razor - Blackland Blackbird
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Martin De Candre Limette
View attachment 109978
Crackin shave that, This Blackbird always delivers, as does the Duke 2 and MDC.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all
Cracking setup.

12/8/23

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Arko Hydrate
Brush - Yaqi 22mm Cashmere
Razor/Blade #1 - Yaqi Cobbed/Gillette Nacet Old (8)
Razor/Blade #2 - Gillette Slim Twist/Gillette Nacet New (8)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Proraso Green Splash

Some dental problems left me with little will to shave, but with a week worth of growth my face was itchy and it was getting in the way of my sleep so time for a shave. It looks like I used 2 razors/blades for my shave but I actually used 3! I started with a Yaqi Katana/Tiger Platinum, but the blade wasn't cutting so I grabbed a Yaqi Cobbed, and even with the old Nacet it cut the week's worth of growth like butter. I can't use a razor as efficient as the Yaqi Cobbed for a second pass, so the Slim Twist was used to clear the few bits of growth left from the first pass.

A few new things in the shave. I ordered a Yaqi Cashmere, which they advertised as a 24mm sized brush but it's actually a 22mm sized at the base with a 50mm loft with a glue bump of a few mm's. Not what I ordered, but it's a very good brush nonetheless. If anything I was pleased with the 22mm sized knot, as they are usually thin on the ground and I seem to prefer the 22mm over 24mm, the smaller knot seems to have a bit more control.

I've been using Proraso products since I first started this hobby I think back in 2016, and even though I have bought a number of bottles of Proraso Green aftershave over the years I'd gifted every single one. I saw a decentish offer online so ordered a few bottles, and I'm pleased I did. This aftershave feels fantastic on the skin post shave, it deserves it's reputation as a classic. I wish I'd used one of the bottles I'd bought many years ago!

Nice shave in the end, good to get the week's worth of growth off my face.

Have a good weekend gents.

IMG_20230812_140825.jpg

Saturday 12 August
Another week, another shave, another razor. Today the Asylum injector. Not really an injector in the true sense but it uses an injector blade, a new Schick proline today.
I have @AnthH to thank for the 3 different Saponificio soaps, a big favourite. Today‘s choice produced a lightly scented and creamy lather with a little water and my Rubberset 400-4.
First pass wtg already produced a very smooth finish, then followed with atg and pick ups. Result was as good a shave as I can remember.
Enjoy the weekend fellas!

IMG_0221.jpeg

20230812_164747.jpg

Preshave - Wright's Traditional Soap
Razor - ES Outlaw
Blade - Big Ben
Brush - Omega Boar
Lather - Proraso Red
Splash - Proraso Red

I was looking forward to this shave. One of my all time favourite razors and a new blade for me to try. The razor felt really substantial after the two I was using last week. The shave was amazing, even if Proraso Red isn't my favorite soap or splash. Two passes and a little tidying. BBS, no irritation - just a super close and super comfortable shave.My face doesn't even feel like I've shaved. This blade seems to suit this razor nicely.

20230812_164610.jpg

Saturday 12th August

AIL4fc9ZVr3fH0f2gy5En8ZenTdrRKPicRfoV4W7P79cDiIfO_SXUnMlHibCEkeTGjUUK-sYA2m-u1w8wskmhugqAHkaeRFiNag2Wp9qG6qTI7cy5CYLJAMkrhacOdXQ88ke7pfh9F7oEKDidRx0UnAv7JOAJA=w800

Moon Soaps Amaretto & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Leaf Twig & Lord Classic Stainless (3)
Pinaud Clubman VIBR

20230812_195121-01.jpeg
My Shave today consisted of...
Soap Zingari Man Mousse Illuminee.
Razor Stainless Steel Mongoose.
Blade Feather Pro Super.
Aftershave Zingari Man Mousse Illuminee.

The Zingari Man Mousse Illuminee has to be my current favourite atm and always produces a lovely protective lather and a long lasting fragrance afterwards.
Tbh I don't even need the splash but I want people to smell me coming long before entering the room.
I can't praise the Mongoose razor enough, it really is something else and has to be shaved with to be believed.
I am so smooth even new born babies are jealous.
Have an amazing night everyone.

12 August, 2023
Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap: Shannon's Soaps: A Quiet Storm
Fragrance: A Taste of Heaven, absinthe verte
I've always had a thing for Shannon's Soaps, but this new Chupacabra Base is something else.. A fantastic shave was had..

SOTD: 13th August 2023.

6.jpg
Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Chinese Unbranded Horsehair.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Cream.
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated. (D2)
Razor: SNMIRN Adjustable. (settings) 4-wtg,8-atg,+pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Splash-On Lotion./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom