SOTD Saturday 11th November 2017 - Friday 17th November 2017

4927FF6D-D415-4193-B940-6B453C2B4450.jpeg

Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Zenith B02
Merkur 34c
Voskhod
Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica Aftershave

The Zenith arrived from TVB in Slovenia today so thought I'd give it a baptism of fire... It's as different from previous boars I've used as it is badgers and synths, loft is a little taller than I'm used to but it performed admirably. First use and the tips have already split, it was like a floppy cloud on the face... I can see why barbers pinch the base of the knot - For backbone!

oD8ALmaN_o.jpg

Omega Pro 48
Gibbs No 16
Astra SP (3)
Phoenix and Beau Solaris
Thayers Rose, Rockface All Weather Moisturiser & Crabtree and Evelyn Sevillian Neroli

Today's shave felt a little rough and ready, down to the blade I would say, haven't got on with the Astra's this week, an ok blade but I wouldn't go out my way to use them again. Of the Pro series of brushes I would rate the 10098 & 20102 as top peformers if anyone was looking for a big Omega boar.

SOTD 171117
SOTD 171117 3.jpg

Blade: Gem SS #3
Razor: Gem MMOC
Brush: Razorock 400 Aluminium Synthetic
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
EDT: CK Free

A wonderful 2 pass shave with touch ups left me irritation free and BBS.

The soap is above and beyond my expectations. Amazing slickness, cushion and the post shave feel is sublime.

Brush performed well with its butter soft tips. Only criticism I have with this brush is the glue knot is a little high but for the money I cant complain. Its a very heavy beast.

Finished with the Witch hazel, no balm applied due to the outstanding post shave ability of the soap and a generous helping of CK free for the afternoon ahead.

Enjoy your shaves! :)

Friday evening...

Soap - P&B Star Noir
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Razor - Gem MMOC
Blade - Gem SS
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera; BBA Post-Shave Balm
Smell - Al-Rehab Silver

The Gem had its maiden voyage tonight and I thought it deserved one of my top-notch but seldom used soaps (in the interests of preservation, you understand); the Star Noir.

A tremendous lather from this soap; very thirsty, but protection, glide and slickness is that expected from @phoenixandbeau. I love this scent and post-shave feeling.

The Gem gave an outstanding shave; incredibly efficient with careful use. 3 passes and a quick touch-up. A burst or two of the Silver and good to go for Vietnamese food tonight.
16E59E22-0086-4FF3-9413-86B340F2EF07.jpeg

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: DR Harris H3 Best Badger
Soap: Aqua Di Parma
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Vintage Polsilver (2)
EdC: Farina Original 1709

A leisurely three pass shave. The Farina cologne was a nice match with the ADP soap scent.
Looking at the photo has shamed me into cleaning my ATT razor base ;)

Fri 17th Nov.
Stirling Syn. 26mm
Stirling Baker Street
Schick N3
Schick Twin ( 9- Japan )
Alum Rub / Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S lotion

My 3rd Shave with the N3 this week, even took it away for a night by the seaside. It really is a great Razor when used with a Twin blade, I actually prefer it to the Adjustable.

Today though the blade was on its 9th outing, the Shave was not only smooth and comfortable but was very close all round. There seems to be a lot of life in the blade so may carry on with it to see how far I can go in comfort.

IMG_0417.jpg

Back
Top Bottom