SOTD Saturday 11th November 2017 - Friday 17th November 2017

AYtYJPlw_o.jpg

Semogue 2000
Gibbs No 16
Astra SP (2)
Nanny's Silly Soap Yushu
Thayers Rose, Rockface All Weather Moisturiser & Old Spice Original

Another poor lather, I think its the brush but the past few uses of Nanny's have been poor as well, actually thrown one of the soaps because of it. Nanny's was decent when I bought it (2013/14) but these days it is surpassed in my opinion. I managed to get a good shave but didn't feel well protected as the lather was poor. I will try both products seperately next week to see which is at fault, could be either or both.

image.jpg ~SOTD~ 16th November

Prep ~ face wash- Donkey & Goats milk soap
Razor ~ Blackland Sabre ( Level Two )
Soap ~ P.160 Tipo Duro
Brush ~ Razorock Italain Barber
Blade ~ Gem SS
Post ~ BBA PSB
Scent ~ Christian Dior ~ Oud Ispahan

Shave two with the level Two base plate from Blackland and again a very close and comfortable shave . Two pass shave and out the door!
The P.160 is an outstanding soap and performed very well indeed.
The Dior Oud Ispahan is wonderful, still a couple left I believe, grab one while you can!

Have a great day people......:)

Thor's Hammer;

0472D67C-418F-49BC-A171-F6E44482B7CC.jpg

iKon SBS + Windrose
Super Max Platinum (#1)
P&B Imperial Rum
YaQi 'Space'

Right, this thing weighs a tonne... figuratively, of course. I read the head weighs around the 56g mark, and I wouldn't be surprised if the handle weighs double that. One thing's for sure, don't drop it! I set the head with the 'cross' hidden, which I believe is the less aggressive format, and set to work. Super Max blades are good, but I think I've found them a little on the rough side for the first use. Great lather from P&B - it was a little thin last time I used it so I bloomed it for all of 30 seconds and got to work, producing enough lather for circa 9 passes! All up, I'm smooth in 2 passes (one open comb, one straight-bar). The straight bar seems more intuitive to me, and a very shallow angle was needed for the open comb. However, I'm smooth which is what matters. I need another outing with this to make a more executive decision but it did a good job! A light touch is certainly key for a razor of this sheer heft. A little resulting irritation ensued but nothing major, which I'm pinning on the blades for now. (@nolisco)

Roll up, roll up!

Thor's Hammer;

0472D67C-418F-49BC-A171-F6E44482B7CC.jpg

iKon SBS + Windrose
Super Max Platinum (#1)
P&B Imperial Rum
YaQi 'Space'

Right, this thing weighs a tonne... figuratively, of course. I read the head weighs around the 56g mark, and I wouldn't be surprised if the handle weighs double that. One thing's for sure, don't drop it! I set the head with the 'cross' hidden, which I believe is the less aggressive format, and set to work. Super Max blades are good, but I think I've found them a little on the rough side for the first use. Great lather from P&B - it was a little thin last time I used it so I bloomed it for all of 30 seconds and got to work, producing enough lather for circa 9 passes! All up, I'm smooth in 2 passes (one open comb, one straight-bar). The straight bar seems more intuitive to me, and a very shallow angle was needed for the open comb. However, I'm smooth which is what matters. I need another outing with this to make a more executive decision but it did a good job! A light touch is certainly key for a razor of this sheer heft. A little resulting irritation ensued but nothing major, which I'm pinning on the blades for now. (@nolisco)

Roll up, roll up!

Looks an interesting razor, didn't realise how thick it is. A keeper?

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar
Cream: Vulfix Sicilian Lime
Razor: Gillette Big Fellow 1920
Blade: Polsilver SI
IMG_20171116_160210.jpg

Second time using this razor and blade combo and it's a pretty good partnership. Very efficient and very smooth, and the large handle doesn't make it at all unwieldy.
A very enjoyable shave, which left me as smooth as, a very cultured pearl.

Last edited:
SOTD: 161117
SOTD 161117 2.jpg
Blade: Gem SS #3
Razor: Gem Clog Pruf
Brush: Maseto 26mm Silvertip
Soap: S.V. Cosmo
EDT: L'Occitane Cade

A wonderful smooth irritation free 2 pass shave with a few touch ups left me BBS.

Face lathered with the silky soft tips of the Maseto using what is rapidly becoming my favourite soap range.
The S.V Triple milled soaps provide exceptional cushion and slickness. If I had any slight criticism with this particular soap, I would prefer it had a stronger scent. YMMV.

Alum gave me no feedback and I then applied a small amount of P&B Balm. A little goes a long way.

Finishing with the sublime Cade I am looking forward to the evening ahead.

Enjoy your shaves. :)

SOTD: 161117
View attachment 30874
Blade: Gem SS #3
Razor: Gem Clog Pruf
Brush: Maseto 26mm Silvertip
Soap: S.V. Cosmo
EDT: L'Occitane Cade

A wonderful smooth irritation free 2 pass shave with a few touch ups left me BBS.

Face lathered with the silky soft tips of the Maseto using what is rapidly becoming my favourite soap range.
The S.V Triple milled soaps provide exceptional cushion and slickness. If I had any slight criticism with this particular soap, I would prefer it had a stronger scent. YMMV.

Alum gave me no feedback and I then applied a small amount of P&B Balm. A little goes a long way.

Finishing with the sublime Cade I am looking forward to the evening ahead.

Enjoy your shaves. :)

Hello Wayne,if your looking for a stronger scent in the SV range Tundra Artica's the one......it's superb mate ;)

Nice pic BTW

Back
Top Bottom