SOTD: Saturday 11 November - Friday 17 November 2023.

SOTD 20231111
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Semogue Barbear Portugues 2023 LE
Soao: Santa Maria Novella
Razor: Wolfman WR4 OC 0.7 WRH1/2 TI
Blade: Kamisori
AS: Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano

SOTD_20231111.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

SOTD Sat 11 Nov 2023
EFBAF0BE-84B1-4D26-A6EA-85CC0F66818E.jpeg

Prep - Imperial Leather face wash
Bowl - glass
Cream - Palmolive Classic
Brush - Clubman Pinaud synthetic
Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Derby Extra (5)

Post - face wash with lather remains, cold rinse, alum, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Replenishing ASB, Mastermind Vintage EDT

Nice, leisurely, 3 pass and tidy, shave - with a bit of alum sting on neck, although I had tried not to go over the same couple of places too many times!

Are you listening…
0334F705-0C9F-44DC-98E5-B1CECBC3FDB4.jpeg
Oh yes, uh huh, all ears me!

Been watching the Festival of Remembrance (must get more tissues on Monday), anyway this seemed appropriate this weekend.

Lest we forget -
64B2FA6A-67DF-4FB3-B7D0-5ACAFF5D1C6E.jpeg

SOTD: 12th November 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Wrights Coal Tar Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1305.
Mug Lather.
Lather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Blade: Lord Silver Star. (D2)
Razor: Merkur 34C

Cold water Face wash with brush squeezing's,/ Cold Water Face Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel/Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./P&G Old Spice Original ASL.

Greetings,

Remembrance Sunday morning shave. (UK)

'In honour to the fallen heroes of all wars past & present'....'All politicians around the world should make it their duty to visit war memorials to be reminded what happens when politics fails'.

I have nothing but utter contempt for politics, most of all politicians of what they have done and are still doing to the world that we live in. Shame on them! Enough said.

Everything in my shave set up this morning worked together wonderfully...The love/hate classic Williams Mug shaving soap yet again provided me an slick acceptable lather for the shave leaving a wonderful post shave feel.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of P&G Old Spice Original ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay Safe, and enjoy your Sunday, Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD: 12/11/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 9th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Acqua Di Parma Barbiere Cream
Balm: Acqua di Parma Barbiere Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice Sunday!

12/11/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - AP400 Slim SynBad 22mm
Soap - OSP Old Gold
Razor - PILS 101 NE Std Matt "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - Gillette Nacet - shimmed
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - OSP Sandalwood
Wk 46 (2).jpg
I decided to shim the Nacet today, just to raise the efficiency a little without compromising on comfort.
A very easy 3 pass shave for a very comfortable BBS finish.
Just about ready for the Armistice parade.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
IMG_20181124_144336.jpg2017-11-05 15.09.18.pngUncle Les.jpgScreenshot_20191101-223519~3.png

SOTD 12-Nov
20231112_130709.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE

Late one today after finishing the work in the garage, bench pieced together and tool tidy up done. So quick shower and shave to freshen up, decided to go easy on the scent and just dive on with the MdC and Thayers, smooth and irritation free finish.

Now off to finish up making Sunday lunch before chowing down and vegging for the remainder of the day!

Hope everyone has a good one!

Cheers

Marc

Sunday 12 November
If only Thomas Ward had decided to design the Wardonia Razor to take normal de blades. Instead he came up with his alternative Wardonia Barrel Hole blade. Now it’s easy to mod a normal blade to fit as I have done many times but hey as a sales pitch it’s not great. However, the business founded in 1927 continued until 1984 so they must have been quite popular. They continued to sell razor blades, holders and sets until 2000 when they ceased operation. They made little themselves and outsourced nearly everything to British companies like Souplex.

How was the shave? Thanks for asking, Løthur Nude and a very nicely coloured badger bristle soon had a very smooth, but scent free, lather evenly deposited around the old fizog.
The razor is well suited for my type of stubble and 2 passes and pick ups was all it took to produce a smooth and irritation free result.
This razor could easily be a daily driver, it’s mainly made of Bakelite with a metal cap, easy to take down and clean, no rust issues. No real pressure is needed and shave angle is pretty wide, no real chance of tissue damage although a normal de blade does have a small overhang each end of the head so a little care is needed around the schnozzola.

Have a peaceful day fellas……..

IMG_0372.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom