SOTD: Saturday 11 November - Friday 17 November 2023.

13 November

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Blackland Signature
Merkur 39c
Feather Hi-Stainless
ES Intensive Moisturiser

AD9EF3D5-5469-43FD-9A46-FC4B11AFBF0F.jpeg
A very pleasant two pass shave. I don’t think I’ve used the Blackland brush with the Pannacrema but they produced an excellent lather. The 39c, for me, is a mild and efficient razor, just the way I like them these days.

Monday 13 November
The Feather AS-D2 is a very well made piece, mild but very dependant on shave angle to get the best close shave out of it. For my face it works fine wtg and atg but it doesn’t really do it for my neck. I don’t like applying pressure but even then it didn’t get close. Mind you, it won’t draw blood however robustly it’s swished. I’m not unhappy with it though as I’ve enough more aggressive razors for that purpose.
I like the Løthur soaps, the Calm has a pleasant citrus scent. One thing that bugs me is the list of ingredients displayed on shaving soap containers and the like. I understand why they are there but it seems to me that a PhD in chemistry would be useful when deciphering what’s included. Would be nice if it just said “smells like“ oranges, or figs or meadow flowers or wet dog, much more meaningful for me. :rolleyes:

Have a great start to the week fellas!

IMG_0373.jpeg

SOTD 13-Nov
20231113_090243-01.jpeg
Brush: Dogwood DG B16
Soap: A&E Tobacco Road
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE

Decent one this morning, I've decided to hit up the sabre a little, it's been sitting in the wings for far too long. Yesterday's was a little late in the day so not as much as normal to take down, a bit of feedback on the neck with the splash but otherwise a good finish.

Hope everyone has had a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Razor = Rex Ambassador ( 4 )
Blade = Brazilian Wilko ( 1 )
Brush = C&H Expo 67 V15
Soap = Mastro Miche Rumizia
with matching splash.
Balm = L’oréal Hydra Power
IMG_3216.jpegFirst Shave back on the mother ship And a first class shave at that.
I haven’t used the Rex for a while due to it being quite aggressive,
Having said that after 4 years at this game i’m now started to like razors i wasn’t keen on in the past.
Mastro Miche soaps are a first for me & another pleasant surprise,
The Scent on this one is right up my street,
Mind you it’s not for everyone as it reminds me of a sweetie i would eat as a kid
Black Jacks lol Honestly it’s so like them it’s unreal.
Enjoy your week boys &
Stay Safe

Monday 13th November

ADCreHfZINPXFDzh2cSyU5v_Kvr96N5p4inoOhF9xAkl4fTkXhW9j-gm6a0bX8T9faavmWVEU9zw6faAOz562e-f_WBRnlXwRc77H-gLfeWjddk_-LU6bAdoJ-RLjcJlTWw5c89cXLrMG_SjKksm8Ezr4j1k2w=w800

Wickham 1912 Russian Leather Shaving Soap & Razorock Hive Synthetic 24mm
Leaf Twig & BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
Imperial Leather (Vintage B) Aftershave

Well, there's anecdotal evidence that you can't put a bad blade into a Twig ...

Tonight, the BIC Chrome Platinum which I would have happily never used ever again finding it to be somewhere shy of an angry tiger ... but I do enjoy their Astor blade which I've used over the last couple of days and so, curiosity got the better of me.

... and I had a thoroughly lovely shave!

Yeah, it's sharp! We know that ... but in the Leaf Twig that tiger becomes playful and a really efficient shave can be had akin to the Lord Platinum. I probably won't go out an order 100 (I do have 100 Lord Platinum, so kinda no need) but I am intrigued to try these blades again in some of my other razors.

SOTD Mon 13 Nov
C96834D7-E468-4591-9553-27E5F490CFFD.jpeg
Prep - Imperial Leather face wash

Bowl - glass
Cream - Palmolive Classic
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic
Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Shark SS (1)

Post - face wash with lather remains, cold rinse, alum, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Replenishlng ASB, Mastermind Vintage EDT

Watched a couple of ‘Kevy Shaves’ videos yesterday, so, a ‘proper’ 3 pass shave and tidy up was performed in the RMF shave den (err, bathroom) - why does my lather not look like the stuff Kevy and Geofatboy etc get, eh? I whip it till my wrist aches, and it still looks like soap lather - yes I know that’s what it is, but it should look like SHAVING lather, all fluffy and fulsome! Anyways, nice comfortable shave enjoyed by yours truly! Love that razor, love that brush, love that blade…
…oh, alright you’re ok too!
1CDB96A3-81C8-428A-8059-DCAF6B719F52.jpeg
Hurrumphh!

Back
Top Bottom