SOTD: Saturday 11 November - Friday 17 November 2023.

IMG_4641.jpeg

SOTD 15.11.23

beard of 5 days

Brush: Vielong white horsehair
Soap: Musgo real black edition cream
Razor: Razorock lupo al
blade: RK stainless
AS: Myrsol agua balsamica
AS balm: Bullfrog agnostico

The lupo is always ready to bite, especially with this new blade for me, which I found a bit uncomfortable on my sensitive skin, so super light hand and 2 passes with the lupo to reduce any kind of irritation. The skin feels stingy (so possibly some irritation) but only one red point on the cheek. The brush is starting to behave better and getting less knotty however the tips are still pretty scratchy in circle motion. Myrsol agua balsamica is a must to alleviate skin irritation while the bullfrog agnostico balm is just one of the best balm I have (between scent, absorption and moisture nutrition of the skin). With Lupo is always a BBS for me, no question on that, I only need to find a comfortable blade to pair it with.

Attenti al lupo e non solo
alla prossima

Wednesday 15th November

ADCreHfBsMN0WXAbM5UMCXnnvBCbSsq-oLxLpm-jHKb0TpA1KLc8qfYT0QPc127V7wpitH4xCgte9py_wYwnzDk2HkDKxNI0hGWlkn7KNbH-MrQmyUA0xUbbdU2dCmNbUG2I5pgogzSTLLnCDzV2ojUVvv_Jkg=w800

Cyril R Salter Shaving Soap & Muhle Silvertip Fibre 23mm
Merkur 37C (2015) & Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal (as Aftershave)

Okay, that.

IMG_3724.jpeg
SOTD: 14/11/2023

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 3rd use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Nanny’s Silly Soap Moroccan Sands Croap
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: William Hunt Oud De Parfum Eau de Toilette

This soap is just ridiculously easy to get a thick cushioned lather from in seconds! Minimal effort, maximum protection, you can’t ask for more! I had a quick check and I must have missed that it’s now available in more scents so I know what I’m buying next payday!

SOTD Wednesday 15 November 2023
302DA3FB-D19C-4E7A-B87D-C2C53427C00E.jpeg
Prep. Imperial Leather face wash

Bowl. Glass
Cream. Proraso Sensitive
Brush. Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic
Razor. Merkur 38C
Blade. Shark SS (2)

Post. Face wash with lather remains, cold rinse, alum, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Replenishing ASB, Mastermind Vintage EDT

Very smooth and comfortable shave with 2 + tidy passes and no issues, took my time after a nice shower and enjoyed my shave.

Ok, what are you up to?
67F76D92-6673-47B6-BD3A-5E6F35048D11.jpeg
Look deep into my eyes…

Pre: Sainsbury's Tea Tree Cleansing Bar
Razor: CG L2 SB
Blade: Schick Stainless (Germany) (4)
Soap: 345 Soap Co - Trench Lines
Brush: AP Shave Co - Silk Smoke 24mm Synthetic

1000034463.jpg

The first German Schick Stainless that I've used in anger. Sharper and smoother than German Personnas IMHO, in fact on a par with the better stainless outputs from Gillette St P. The only downside is that the sharpness definitely and clearly falls after the third shave. Still good enough however to order 50 from the US as they are currently unavailable in the UK. Big thanks to @LESLIE ASARE for sending me a pack to try - pretty much exactly as you predicted.

Last night's seismic stories from the sink. This has translated itself in to pixilated format for ease of reading with the theme, 'Electric'

20231114_185827.jpg

Not an electric razor - Yaqi Excalibur
Not an electric blade - Feather Super Professional
Not an electric brush - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Not an electric soap - Penhaligons Bayolea
Not an electric moisturiser - L'Occitane Cade balm
Not an electric scent - Extro Arzachena
'Doctor Pangallis. And today we learnt that connecting electrodes to ones testicals is not good'

SOTD's have gone somewhat by the side this week due to entertainment from a different angle. My brother-in-law has gone abroad to work for anywhere from 3 months to 2 years and very kindly loaned his car to us for the period.

20231115_120824.jpg

A Kia EV-6. Very nice and slightly different to my own 8 year old 2 door Vauxhall Astra. At least it gives us a taste of a world of electric cars. A tick or a cross? Time will tell

And the shave you boring old fart?

Top class all the way. I have always said the little Yaqi doesn't get enough love and yet it is a very capable razor. Give it a sharp blade in the Super Pro and what it delivers is one superbly smooth and effective shave. Quite the antithesis to me which comes in the rough as a badger's arse and totally inefficient version.

Great effort from Team Lather and I could only wish that I could get my hands on either the Bayolea splash or EDC. If anyone has some lurking in the back of a cupboard I will happily make a nice trade for an electric car. Being as it is not mine.

Hope everyone's week is going fine and dandy and something I seemed to have missed this week, I love you all

A bouncy little tune from someone new to me. The vocalist doesn't half look like the girl from my favourite happy band, Pantyhose. Then again half of them change bands more times than I change my underwear. About every 3 or 4 years. Anyway, Pinglate it is......

SOTD: 16th November 2023.

4.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Wrights Coal Tar Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 48.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave cream
Blade: Lord Silver Star. (D4)
Razor: Merkur 34C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Denim Original ASL.

Greetings,

A great comfortable shave to finish my shaving week off.

The dependable Palmolive classic shave cream provided a slick protective lather in a short space of time.... When ever i mention to family and friends that 'I still wear Denim' i get some vague interesting looks and comments....Not that this concerns me in the slightest, the younger chaps that I work with don't understand the greatness of Denim which is a pity, but it's their loss if they can't appreciate a classic 'Old School' fragrance...That's my excuse anyway.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Denim Original ASL.
My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom