14/07/2021

Razor: Yates 921-M
Blade: GSB (3)
Brush: Boti NC 29mm
Soap: Stirling Boat Drinks
ASL: LEA
ASB: LEA

IMG_20210714_180407.jpg

The chubby handle is a monstrosity. It looks like a steel turd and doesn't sit well in the hand. It was acceptable enough to use for the shave but it wasn't natural.

After the initial 'wow' factor I've found this M plate to be a nice daily driver. It's probably better suited to doing 3 passes. I've got the H plate fitted with a fresh GSB and the longer handle for my next shave. I'm hoping the H plate delivers what I'm looking for in two passes.

Wednesday 14th July

AM-JKLUPQbtdoI_sE84tG9In6EvQ5_ODN-hZgAYkWwo1ceHLKaAgM8aFtdgD4OHO7MhoCQtgRAuKqk35a2yTIXTA5aIVLFqZo_n4KFbFL-fyrMxR74a7MOFVNdGgevT5d8vG6gHmTXwxQ3ehwZg_p-broZ8x9A=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Monsavon Bol à Raser
Asylum Brush Works w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
Lady Gillette Jade
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Harvard Vetiver Aftershave

Yep! Good shave, that!

Wednesday AM 2021-07-14
Mariner 4 spacecraft sent first closeup pictures of Mars on this date, 1965
sgJiLBI.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Ivory Finest (26/60)
ABC shaving croap (sample)
Wolfman WR2-SB 0.95/Triad Aristocrat Brass & Stainless Steel
Wilkinson Sword 'New' (14)
Chanel Platinum Égoïste aftershave

The ABC, from a generous friend, made excellent lather with great slickness and glide. It has a pleasant lightly-toasted almond scent. The razor was very smooth and efficient, as always, but I am finding the Triad handle's etching to be a bit too sharp for my hand. This was my first use of the Chanel aftershave, and it was quite good, soothing and with a nice slight burn and a very good spicy-woody-floral fougère fragrance.
jdUO3k7.jpg
How's that blade holding up?

D1546207-009F-4945-90CE-2B6DA8B130A2.jpeg
Prep: Shower with Baxter’s of California face scrub.

Pre: PAA cube unscented.

Soap: TOBS Almond cream

Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite Synthetic Shaving Brush

Razor: Razorock Model T

Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword

A great medium/mild shave with the TOBS and Model T. I seem to be getting a better handle on the beast now! The Bart’s Balm is amazing!

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Baker Street
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #12
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
[IMG]

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
KROPP Sheffield Full Hollow 6/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Vitos Tallow Soap
Witch Hazel

I Had a Wonderful Shave Today with My KROPP Sheffield 6/8th...This was One of My Early SR Purchases & it Will Always Remain in My Collection..These are Among the Best of Vintage Razors in My Humble Experience..
[IMG]

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
[IMG]

Billy..
:chores016:

Thu 15 Sharko SOTD
Soap Arko Stick
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi DOC
Blade Shark Super Stainless 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + Old Spice Original
It's just amazing this simple soap stick! The qualities of the lather just amazed me every time...rich creamy and very slick lather! The scent is pleasant too!
Very nice, enjoyable, smooth, and comfortable 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish with this razor and blade combination! Aftershaves were just as good!
20210715_093858.jpg

Back
Top Bottom