SOTD : Saturday 09th May - Friday 15th May 2020

Pre - Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food
Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - Trumpers best badger.
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Wilkinson (1)
Post - Alum followed Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

I decided to stick with using this soap. I've been having difficulty lathering this soap. I have managed it by rubbing the puck on my face like a shave stick. Today I tried back to loading the brush, it just doesn't seem to want to load. I don't remember having any difficulty when I first brought it. Anyway, I eventually got a usable lather and have a nice 3 pass shave with a few pickups.

View attachment 54378
I'll be honest with you, I never had any success with a best badger brush for soap loading and face lathering. Too floppy; fine for face painting with creams. Bristle loss, soaking etc. Have you tried a synthetic brush?

This is all the information there is Brian. Same for each of the soaps:

View attachment 54380
In EU we have to declare all allergen information for both Fragrance Oils and Essential Oils. We have to have all ingredients etc in INCI format. In USA the only have to prove they have used ingredients that have been deemed cosmetically safe as per relevant regulations. It might be interesting to email them and ask for details of allergens in the Fragrance oils and whivh essential oils they have used. There is a matrix of allergens in essential oils so they are easy to identify. When I buy fragrance oils I get IFRA allergen data sheet so I know exactly which allergens are in the Fo and the Max % permissible for each category of use. Hope this helps

Monday AM 2020-05-11

Rooney Beehive Ivory Finest (24/50)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB/Triad Polished-Satin Diamond Titanium
Schick Super Chromium (5)
Ginger's Garden Almond aftershave
ptDSg1Y.jpg

11 May

P&B Imperial Rum
Simpson Chubby 2 Manchurian
MÜHLE Rocca R96 v3
Gillette Silver Blue
Bart's Balm Grapefruit and Pink Pepper

B257D1E7-78C8-43B0-8310-90B54A47D0DB.jpeg

The Gillette Silver Blue blade works extremely well with the MÜHLE Rocca, giving a comfortable, close shave. To think that I nearly sold this razor, I'm glad that I changed my mind.

Date:- 12 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Orginal
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6S-R4 / Gillette Nacet #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

SOTD : 12th May 2020.

11.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower /Original Source Cherry & Almond Shower Milk.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar.

Brush : Yaqi ~ 24mm Naples Tuxedo Knot Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Frankensoap: Arko + Palmolive Classic grated Shave sticks.

Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. (4)

Razor: Ever Ready 1914 (brass) US.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ~ Splash-On Lotion + ASL.

L'0REAL ~ Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

Greetings,

The Ever Ready 1914 performed with smooth efficiency, mowing through my stubble with ease, making the shave a pleasurable experience.

I've yet to try a SE blue carbon blade with my vintage se razors as i find the longevity of the PTFE coated blade are remarkably good retaining a smooth sharp edge without dulling after a few shaves.

Another 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with some generous dollop of L'0REAL ~ Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom