Tue 5th SOTD
Soap Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor Game Changer .84 SB 5th use & 1st with HD Handle
Blade Derby Usta 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Lemon Mix
Proraso Green Splash and Balm
Proraso never fails. Good scent, cool, creamy and slick lather. Brush feels great for face lather. Just enough softness and backbone for creating a satisfying lather.
Today pairing of the GC.84 with HD handle together with blade gives a smooth and enjoyable shave. Nice blade and great handle indeed. This HD handle feel better than the Super Knurl somehow. 3 multiple pass is enough for a weeper & irritation free session. ATG on jawline and under was smooth. Ice water rinse was excellent followed by Thayers. Cooling sensation further boosted by the green splash. Mostly BBS to DFS around 1 spot. Rating 9.5/10
20200505_112405.jpg
20200505_115242.jpg

IMG_20200505_133505.jpg

SOTD 05/05/20

Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: Executive Shaving medium synthetic
Cream: Edwin Jagger Premium Shaving Cream Cooling Menthol
Post: warm water, cold water, The Stray Whisker After Balm

I was having a tidy up and clear out when I discovered a box of shaving items I meant to get rid off. Included in the box were 3 tubes Palmolive shaving cream, 2 tubes Ingram's shaving cream, 2 Boots shaving soaps, Edwin Jagger Sandalwood soap, Wilkinson Sword shaving soap and today's cream. Decent enough – so happy days.

Keep safe guys!

A colour coordinated picture. Was that intentional, or a happy accident?

Pre - Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food
Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - Trumpers best badger.
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Wilkinson (2)
Post - Alum followed Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

I had been having trouble getting a decent lather from this TOBS soap over the past few days. I couldn't remember it being a difficult when I first purchased it. I decided to stick it out and keep trying. This morning, I didn't bloom the soap, plus, I rubbed it on my face like you would with a shave stick. Back to the lather I was expecting, other than the smell being soapy rather than sandalwoody, it was great. I'll stick it out for another day before I move on to the next in my small rotation. Another great close smooth shave. No feedback from the alum.

IMG_7592.JPG

Tuesday AM 2020-05-05

Rooney 3/3 Ebony Finest (26/66)
XPEC Unscented shaving cream (v.1) + Pacifica Sandalwood cologne
Gillette New Long Comb/UFO U2
Personna 74 Tungsten (11)
Roger & Gallet l'Homme aftershave

lx3EZBY.jpg

I was eyeing my iKon SBS this morning but reached for the General instead. The SBS is the original version based loosely on the PILS with an OC on one side and SB on the other. More on that one later. The General is a smooth shaver.

DrJon's 13 was the soap of the day. Vegan and really quite good. Love the scent and the lather. Also have their Flowers in the Dark.

Easy two pass today was all that was needed. DFS/BBS. The Kai Captain Original is on its second use and has smoothed out nicely. Enjoy the sun if you can and your day!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Colonial General SS
Blade: Kai Captain Original
Brush: Rocky Mountain Barber Company - Best Badger
Lather: Dr Jon's 13
Aftershave: Dr Jon's 13
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Guerlain Derby

EFDEAA06-321D-4915-8194-78B454FE0D7D.jpeg

Last edited:
05/05/20

Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3
Blade: Schick Proline (6)
Brush: Oumo 24mm Manchuria Fan
Soap: MÜHLE Organic (Sample)
Pre: EJ Pre-shave Cream (Sample)
ASL: Osma Alum
ASB: MÜHLE Organic (Sample)

IMG_20200504_163557.jpg

Until 40 minutes ago, I thought Lego was the most painful thing you can stand on. Having just trod on a drawing pin going down the stairs, I can confirm that this is, in fact, much more f*cking painful! That's the most condensed swearing session I've done in a few years. Had to lay on the sofa for 3 minutes before getting over it and starting my shave.

Now on to the shave! I'm working my way through some samples to try and tidy the den up a bit. MÜHLE organic was up today. The shaving cream smells like cucumber and the balm smells like salad cream. It's good stuff though. Did the job admirably. Once I've reduced the hoard to less than 20 soaps and creams (2055?) I may get some of this.

As suspected, the Hawk V3 is smooth and efficient. BBS is achieved!

05/05/20

Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3
Blade: Schick Proline (6)
Brush: Oumo 24mm Manchuria Fan
Soap: MÜHLE Organic (Sample)
Pre: EJ Pre-shave Cream (Sample)
ASL: Osma Alum
ASB: MÜHLE Organic (Sample)

View attachment 54250

Until 40 minutes ago, I thought Lego was the most painful thing you can stand on. Having just trod on a drawing pin going down the stairs, I can confirm that this is, in fact, much more f*cking painful! That's the most condensed swearing session I've done in a few years. Had to lay on the sofa for 3 minutes before getting over it and starting my shave.

Now on to the shave! I'm working my way through some samples to try and tidy the den up a bit. MÜHLE organic was up today. The shaving cream smells like cucumber and the balm smells like salad cream. It's good stuff though. Did the job admirably. Once I've reduced the hoard to less than 20 soaps and creams (2055?) I may get some of this.

As suspected, the Hawk V3 is smooth and efficient. BBS is achieved!
You need to practice more Chris have you never seen those guys who walk on Lego and drawing pins :) , Cucumber Scent sounds nice , my favourite Thayer's Whichhazel is cucumber.

You need to practice more Chris have you never seen those guys who walk on Lego and drawing pins :) , Cucumber Scent sounds nice , my favourite Thayer's Whichhazel is cucumber.

Cucumber? Ghastly stuff

Walking on drawing pins and Lego is all part and parcel of being a parent.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom