SOTD : Saturday 02th May - Friday 0 May 2020

Tuesday 5th May

Cream - Lea *
Brush - Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor - Rockwell 6C R3
Blade - Gillette Platinum (3)
Post - N Locio'n ASL *

Nothing fancy about my shave tonight - only humble products that provide consistently good results
The T3 brush is quickly becoming a firm favourite. A small amount of Lea cream nestled in the knot for face latherIng soon became a luxurious, slick lather with enough left for another full shave.
* both the Lea cream and N Locio'n Aftershave were recommended to me by Iain, @Digimonkey. Their combined price was around €4.50 in a Spanish supermarket.
The aftershave comes in a 325ml bottle that would seemingly last for ever. It contains seaweed of some kind, and it has a long lasting cooling and hydrating effect.

RIP Dave Greenfield . . .

Tuesday 5th May

Cream - Lea *
Brush - Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor - Rockwell 6C R3
Blade - Gillette Platinum (3)
Post - N Locio'n ASL *

Nothing fancy about my shave tonight - only humble products that provide consistently good results
The T3 brush is quickly becoming a firm favourite. A small amount of Lea cream nestled in the knot for face latherIng soon became a luxurious, slick lather with enough left for another full shave.
* both the Lea cream and N Locio'n Aftershave were recommended to me by Iain, @Digimonkey. Their combined price was around €4.50 in a Spanish supermarket.
The aftershave comes in a 325ml bottle that would seemingly last for ever. It contains seaweed of some kind, and it has a long lasting cooling and hydrating effect.

RIP Dave Greenfield . . .

'both the Lea cream and N Locio'n Aftershave were recommended to me' - happy to help P. - as you say - 'humble products that provide consistently good results' - Couldn't agree more - I'd class Nivea and La Toja in the same category - they'll last until we next get to go to Spain - which might be some time in the future. Cheers - I.

RNUCa3N.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Manna Di Sicilia
Razor: Merkur Futur Gold (3)
Blade: Super Iridium BN-84 (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Myrsol F/Extra Aftershave Splash
Scent: DR Harris Arlington

Another heavy growth to mow down, and the Futur was just the beast for the job.
Three rapid passes on a relatively agressive setting (for me), anyway), and I was BBS.

Date:- 06 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Cuir et Epices
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Gillette Nacet #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Burberry London for Men

Wednesday

Signature Soaps Capra Goats Milk
MÜHLE Mint Rytmo Black Fibre
Face lather
MÜHLE Mint Rytmo DE
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (3 or 4, can't remember)
BBA Post Shave Balm

A great shave with the Capra soap again. I really enjoy the Rytmo set too; I think (correct me here if I'm wrong) that the head on the razor is the same as the R89. Anyhow, it is a smooth operator paired with the GWS.

91043BE2-7F3A-4B4F-B93E-751BDB337938.jpeg

6 May 2020 – mid-am.
Nearly 3 days' growth – it was Braveheart's turn on the MÜHLE handle. Once you've mastered this one it returns a very close shave result about 99.5%, three passes plus tidying up and no nicks! This is a budget solution (£15 for the head at Exec Shaving) which I can only recommend. Stirling Coconut & Lime soap is just brilliant, lathers very well and the aroma stays for quite a while.

Prep: Aldi Bath Soap & Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Razor: Breaveheart head on MÜHLE handle
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (3)
Soap: Stirling Coconut & Lime
After: Cold Water splash - Ajanta Alum – Nivea Aftershave locion
Capture.JPG

Wednesday Morning Shave

It doesn't get much better than that ! , Love The Razor and Blade Combination and the Valentia is a wonderful take on some classic scents.

Preshave: Argan Oil Soap
Brush: Shavemac 24mm Synthetic
Razor: Karve Brass D Plate SB
Blade: German Personna
Soap: Signature Soaps Valentia
Splash: Proraso Sandalwood
Balm: Bart's Rosemary and Sandalwood
EDT: Dunhill Pursuit

20200506_100941 2.jpg

Thought i'd give the gillette fatboy an outing, a little while since i last used it. After a warm shower, todays shave was had.

Pre..................... Proraso white
Soap...................Stirling black cherry
Brush.................Simpson chubby2 synthetic
Bowl...................3d printed
Razor..................61 Gillette fatboy (4)
Blade .................Nacet 2
Post....................Hot and cold face rinse, alum, and finished off with Nivea 2 phase

I should use this razor a lot more , a really nice smooth shave . Altogether a nice pleasant me time was had.

Wishing you all well, stay safe ;-)

05/05/20

Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3
Blade: Schick Proline (6)
Brush: Oumo 24mm Manchuria Fan
Soap: MÜHLE Organic (Sample)
Pre: EJ Pre-shave Cream (Sample)
ASL: Osma Alum
ASB: MÜHLE Organic (Sample)

View attachment 54250

Until 40 minutes ago, I thought Lego was the most painful thing you can stand on. Having just trod on a drawing pin going down the stairs, I can confirm that this is, in fact, much more f*cking painful! That's the most condensed swearing session I've done in a few years. Had to lay on the sofa for 3 minutes before getting over it and starting my shave.

Now on to the shave! I'm working my way through some samples to try and tidy the den up a bit. MÜHLE organic was up today. The shaving cream smells like cucumber and the balm smells like salad cream. It's good stuff though. Did the job admirably. Once I've reduced the hoard to less than 20 soaps and creams (2055?) I may get some of this.

As suspected, the Hawk V3 is smooth and efficient. BBS is achieved!
I'm playing catch up on the forum after having a busy shift, but thank you Boycie, I properly belly laughed out loud in my garden reading this.
Thank you for some much needed laughing fodder - it is appreciated.

06/05/20
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap: D.R. Harris Arlington
Razor: Occam's Classic V1 plate #2
Blade: Feather PB (3)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Copycat Just Neroli
Wk 19 (5).JPG
Dolphin smooth and as comfortable as can be.
Feeling and smelling good.
Stay Safe and Enjoy your day All.

Back
Top Bottom