Gillette‌ ‌'56‌ ‌B4‌ ‌Red‌ ‌Tip‌ ‌Super-Speed‌ ‌
Astra‌ ‌Superior‌ ‌Platinum‌
Yaqi‌ ‌Ruby‌ ‌Handle‌ ‌24mm‌ ‌2-Band‌ ‌Badger‌ ‌
RazoRock‌ ‌XXX‌ ‌Italian‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌ ‌
RazoRock‌ ‌XXX‌ ‌After‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Splash‌

DSCF0018 - Edited.jpg

Hi Chris

The brush works perfectly for my needs
Being 26mm and only 50mm loft, I assumed it would be a bit stiff, but it's quite the opposite - (not at all floppy either)
Face latherIng is very comfortable, due to its silky smooth tips, and it retains lather as good, if not better than my Shavemac 26mm Synthetic
I'm pleased I bought it, and for the price it's a bargain - (given the Simpson heritage etc)
I know a 26mm YaqI would come in cheaper, but it's still good value for money imo
I completely agree Paul. I've been really impressed with it and it really does perform well with hard soaps.

I'm on the fence about with the T2 but I've played with it a bit more and I think it's probably one of those brushes you need to appreciate for the characteristics it has rather than those it's missing. I keep meaning to do some comparison photos - I'll try and pull my finger out today.

Mon 4th May.

Cyril Salter/ MS ED2band.
Vitos Super Red
Occams-Enoch
Feather Pro [ 4 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion.

Had a good Shave yesterday with this Razor/ Blade combo. I decided that as the Feather Pro rather than my usual Proline blade works well for me in the Enoch, I should really try it out on some successive Shaves. With the fail safe Vitos Lather, the Shave was smooth and trouble free, apart fm sustaining a slight weeper caused by me being a bit heavy handed on the chin. So far so good, will see how things go over the next few days.

IMG_0719.jpg

04/05/20
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap: D. R. Harris Arlington
Razor: Occam's Classic V1 plate #2
Blade: Feather PB (2)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Copycat Just Neroli

Wk 19 (6)a.jpg
Strange looking but it just works so well.
I completed 3 passes for an easy BBS finish, i could have got away with 2 passes and a bit buffing but had the lather so - hey ho.
No too close but close to too close, if you know what i mean.
I used the alum today and got some indication which disappeared quickly.
A very nice post shave sorting everything out.
Feeling and smelling tip top.
Stay Safe and enjoy your Day

Monday

Signature Soaps Capra Hybrid Goats Milk
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Merkur 37C
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (3)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore after shave

Third outing for the 37C and it continues to impress. This was the maiden voyage for the Goats Milk soap. It didn't take many swirls of the damp brush to get plenty lather for three passes and enough after.

Light brown, it's certainly a croap (to me) and it performed very well. Slick and protective with a great post-shave feel. I look forward to further use.

@BrianH

B79479BC-A684-4442-904D-0BE88E53A276.jpeg

Monday

Signature Soaps Capra Hybrid Goats Milk
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Merkur 37C
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (3)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore after shave

Third outing for the 37C and it continues to impress. This was the maiden voyage for the Goats Milk soap. It didn't take many swirls of the damp brush to get plenty lather for three passes and enough after.

Light brown, it's certainly a croap (to me) and it performed very well. Slick and protective with a great post-shave feel. I look forward to further use.

@BrianH

View attachment 54207
Glad you liked it.

A nice start to the week. After a warm shower the shave of the day.

Prep.................. proraso white
Brush.................Razorock 400 synthetic
Soap..................Palmolive stick 3 grated into old spice mug
Bowl..................3d printed
Blade................supermax blue diamond ti
Razor................Ikon b1 oss / ss windrose..k2 handle
Asb.....................Nivea sensitive
Asl.......................Dior Sauvage

A really nice lather was quickly made The blade was far better than the last time i tried these . Totally satisfied and looking forward to the rest of the day.

Wishing you all well, stay safe

04/05/20

Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3
Blade: Schick Proline (5)
Brush: Semogue 730HD
Soap: MdC Fougere (Sample)
Pre: Proraso Cypress & Vetiver
ASL: TGS Amber Fougere
ASB: RSC

IMG_20200503_200101.jpg

Maiden shave with the Hawk V3 and it was a smooth. Not far off BBS but I reckon this will be easily achievable in the next few shaves as I learn this razor.

Mon 4th SOTD
Cream SuperMax Menthol
Bowl Timeless
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Game Changer.84 4th use
Blade SuperMax SS Blue 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Lemon Mix + Gatsby Splash
Awesome lather from combination of cream, bowl and brush. Mild but nice mentholated scent and really slick.
4th Shave with the GC.84SB but use a different blade. Smoother was the shave. Still not as good as the initial use. Wonder if it's the handle...hahahaha
Anyway a good 3 multiple pass with a slight buffing under chin. Atg at jawline and under was good but still suffer 1 tiny weeper. Between BBS on face to DFS on neck & CCF especially around adam apple. Ice water rinse is magical. Today apply special Thayers Lemon mix instead. Nice cooling peppermint. Rating today 9/10
20200504_061207.jpg
20200504_064011.jpg

Pre - Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food
Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - Trumpers best badger.
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Wilkinson (1)
Post - Alum followed Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

I've been struggling to get a decent lather with this soap. I'm sure when I first purchased it, it was fine to use. Can soaps go bad after a few years? Anyway, I still had a really close and comfortable shave, with no feedback from the alum. Just two passes, plus an ATG on my side burn area. Maybe the thinner than I'm used to lather, helps get that little bit closer.

IMG_0006.JPG

Monday AM 2020-05-04
National Star Wars Day

Rooney 3/3 Ivory Finest (26/60)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB/UFO Colibri
Personna 74 Tungsten (10)
RazoRock R-160 Sweet Almond aftershave balm

Ed9DSe7.jpg

4/5/20

Soap - Barbarossa Brothers West Indian Lime & Pepper
Brush - Yaqi Faux Horse Rainbow
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Astra SP (5)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum w/Pimento

First time using this cream which @Boycie83 very generously included in a recent PIF and to my surprise it didn't make my face burn! In terms of performance it seemed a reasonable performer, but I'll assess it with a few more uses. The scent is pretty nice as well, I couldn't get much of the black pepper more of the lime, which was a pleasant mild citrus scent.

I had a rare 2 days of growth, and I seem to find that I get a closer shave after shaving after a few days opposed to shaving every day.

Have a good start to the week chaps.

fat handled tech
7 o'clock yellow
semogue 1800
proraso green tub
myrsol emulsion
ck obsession

i used to like my boar brushes, been using only synths for quite a while now, so decided to revisit my semogue 1800. back to synths :D the boar is going back in the box of forgotten stuff. its highlighted how good synthetic brushes are to me.

I know exactly how you feel about synths and boars, even though I do enjoy using boars I find them to be finicky in being soaked, which soaps they work well with which for some days is part of the charm of using them but I find with synths even though they lack of a bit character in comparison to boars they produce a superb lather near enough every time with the least amount of bother.

Back
Top Bottom