SOTD : Saturday 02th May - Friday 0 May 2020

Happy Sunday all! Lovely, sunny and perfect for some lawn work around the house.

Today's razor of choice the Gillette Sheraton loaded up with a fresh Personna Lab Blue. She is a smooth shaver but not tame. I love using this razor quite a bit but it comes into rotation infrequently need to fix that.

Soap of the day Stirling Sharp Dressed Man which is light and crisp. Another beauty of a soap.

Nice three pass BBS shave achieved. Topped it all off with some English Laundry Windsor EDP. Some BBQ will happen today. Enjoy the day and some sun if you can.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Sheraton 1938-39
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Wild West Brushworks 26mm Tuxedo - Elway
Lather: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Aftershave: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
English Laundry Windsor Deodorant Stick
English Laundry Windsor
C3588117-E853-4ABE-AF6D-5813AB037B24.jpeg

Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Paladin Falstaff
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Manna di Sicilia
Razor: Tradere OC Gen. 1
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless
AS: Floid Mentolado Vigoroso
AS: Saponificio Varesino Manna di Sicilia

SOTD-20200503.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Paladin Falstaff
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Manna di Sicilia
Razor: Tradere OC Gen. 1
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless
AS: Floid Mentolado Vigoroso
AS: Saponificio Varesino Manna di Sicilia

SOTD-20200503.jpg

Best Regards
Marco
You have some beautiful shave gear Marco, and a wonderful Photo.

03/05/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap: D. R. Harris Arlington
Razor: Blackland Blackbird SB
Blade: Med prep (6)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Lavender Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: CK Be

View attachment 54175
2 Passes with a little buffing today for a BBS result.
I took the photo before deciding on face lathering using the little Yaqi today (hence the 3D printed bowl) and it performed brilliantly, holding enough soap for 3 passes+ if needed. The soap scent is very delicate and has hints of Williams Mug shaving soap about it, although the Williams is about a fifth of the price. The DRH does produce a better/easier lather though IMO.
The Blade is just about done, and it has been banked. I just wanted to push a Med Prep to see how many shaves i could get, no other reason, normally it would be changed on #3, i may run these to 5 shaves now.
The Blackbird is quickly becoming a favourite DE, very efficient and i have no problems/Issues when using it. I may even give the OC plate another chance.
A nice post shave leaving me soft , supple and smelling very nice indeed.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Will be interested to hear you thoughts on the open comb Tony , when you give it a revisit.

Sotd-03-05-20.jpg

Sotd - Sunday the 3rd of May

Prep - facial scrub
razor - ATT Calypso M
blade - Feather (3 and out- they were never known for their longevity)
soap - Wickham - Apricus
brush - Simpsons P8 Phyl best
post - witch hazel
a/s - none used
balm - Wickham - Apricus
scent - Sauvage edp.

Result - all good. Managed to deal with an eight day growth - in my case - a beard by any other name - well done me - face and head shave - I feel much better - and I smell nice. Enjoy your week - whatever that may bring - yours all - I.

View attachment 54199

Sotd - Sunday the 3rd of May

Prep - facial scrub
razor - ATT Calypso M
blade - Feather (3 and out- they were never known for their longevity)
soap - Wickham - Apricus
brush - Simpsons P8 Phyl best
post - witch hazel
a/s - none used
balm - Wickham - Apricus
scent - Sauvage edp.

Result - all good. Managed to deal with an eight day growth - in my case - a beard by any other name - well done me - face and head shave - I feel much better - and I smell nice. Enjoy your week - whatever that may bring - yours all - I.
Good Stuf Iain was the Calypso ok on 8 days growth ?

Good Stuf Iain was the Calypso ok on 8 days growth ?
No problem at all - one day growth to eight - it does the job for me. Taking off the beard today - I was more concerned about the blade - I could feel the Feather getting blunt on the second pass - you only have to look at them in the wrong way? - but got to the end without incident or claret. - I.

Date:- 04 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Bandwagon
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R4 / Rapira Platinum Lux #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

giphy.gif

What do you think of the T3 Paul?

Hi Chris

The brush works perfectly for my needs
Being 26mm and only 50mm loft, I assumed it would be a bit stiff, but it's quite the opposite - (not at all floppy either)
Face latherIng is very comfortable, due to its silky smooth tips, and it retains lather as good, if not better than my Shavemac 26mm Synthetic
I'm pleased I bought it, and for the price it's a bargain - (given the Simpson heritage etc)
I know a 26mm YaqI would come in cheaper, but it's still good value for money imo

Back
Top Bottom