So anyway......when was life ever certain????

That one eyed, illiterate, obnoxious, treacherous, power seeking F***ing sell out is as, if not more culpable than Tony (I should be publically flayed alive whilst being administered adrenalin) Blair and his charlatan wife. :evil:

Lets start by stopping the £45 million per day paid into the bloody EU.

Nothing's too good for the workers! Ask the Blairs, Browns and Prescotts!!

:lol:
Must stop this ranting!

Attero said:
Wifes a Solicitor for the Council and they have been hacking the crap out of her Department.
Luckily shes managed to survive by being overly hard working and extremely flexible about her role in the department (many have thrown a strop about moving around and doing the odd away stint)- plus given the seriously slack ass nature of some of her Co-workers (some of whom could barely be described as working at all...) she has managed to escape any cuts so far -
But they have been matching workers up and going 50-50. 1 stays - 1 leaves. Thats a bloody scary situation to be in.

I'm afraid your wife is likely to have even less to do soon, if she deals with litigation. More than half of the firms who applied for contracts to do family law have been refused, not sure of the stats yet for housing, but it's a lot from what we are hearing anecdotally. More than a third of firms who applied for immigration contracts refused.

37.5% of the workforce here have been made redundant. We lost 2 massive contracts through no fault of our own.

The people that escaped the redundancy are just as miserable as those that didn't, and the management doe not seem to have any proper post-redundancy plan in place. The plan seems to be "just get on with it" which is a plan full of "fail", despite me pointing out, in no uncertain terms during my individual consultation, that they need to make sure that they look after the people that stay.

From my team, I'm losing a bloke that has worked here for 47 years, and is the most reliable and conscientious person I have ever worked with. He's treating it as early retirement, good for him!

Ian.

The country is indeed in a mess, I think we shall see plenty of companies go to the wall or slim down a lot. It was my opinion even before the financial crises we had too much government getting themselves involved in too many areas of our life and it all has to be paid for. Public spending in order to ease the recession was justified but had to be short lived, and now the spending tap is off the Tories will be brutal to bring the country back on track.

Cameron will end up being be as popular as Thatcher, and when its all done Labour will get back in to spend us to the brink again. And so the circle continues.

Jeltz said:
Cameron will end up being be as popular as Thatcher,

I certainly hope so, Lady Thatcher won three general elections and in some style...

Jeltz said:
and when its all done Labour will get back in to spend us to the brink again. And so the circle continues.

Yep and sooner or later they always run out of other peoples money to spend; they have previous on this.

:?

Blyth Spirit said:
Jeltz said:
Cameron will end up being be as popular as Thatcher,

I certainly hope so, Lady Thatcher won three general elections and in some style...

But were it not for the Faulkands in '82 I don't think she would have made a 2nd term. Not that I formed many opinions of my own about it at the time, I was 12, but I was part of a politically aware family who were somewhat relieved at the resurgence of popularity.

These days Baroness Thatcher is mentioned with as much fondness as the Mira Hindley by many.

2 Days off and I come back to be told that we aren't allowed to order anything at all.

Company needs to drop £30 Million in stock before the middle of September :?

Glad to see that the utter decimation of Legal Aid is finally getting some air space, at least as regards one area of law

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10901507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10901507</a><!-- m -->

A bit OT, I was with the same firm on and off for 32 years, my last term was 12, we had a pay freeze, lost overtime 2 years ago and a few people left so we had to muck in, more work for less money and all we got was your lucky to have a job, anyway just over a month ago I wasn't lucky, they got rid of me, so I'm unemployed age 52 and don't stand a monkeys chance in hell of getting a job, even at the job centre they said whatever you do don't put your age on your CV, the only thing I've got going is that I do look a lot younger for my age, anyway rant over.

T

Tony_B said:
A bit OT, I was with the same firm on and off for 32 years, my last term was 12, we had a pay freeze, lost overtime 2 years ago and a few people left so we had to muck in, more work for less money and all we got was your lucky to have a job, anyway just over a month ago I wasn't lucky, they got rid of me, so I'm unemployed age 52 and don't stand a monkeys chance in hell of getting a job, even at the job centre they said whatever you do don't put your age on your CV, the only thing I've got going is that I do look a lot younger for my age, anyway rant over.

T

Thats totally shit mate. A lot of companies (mine included) have employment freezes at the moment. If anyone leaves then tough......... we had a guy hand in his notice on Friday.

So sorry to hear that Tony-B. And it's alright them saying don't put your age down on your CV, but when they see that you went to school in 1920 or that your work history spreads over 30 years, they can probably work it out.
I have to say that the prospect of hawking myself around with a CV full of waffle about how I can work on my own but am also a great team player, who wakes up every morning dying to get to an office desk, fills me with dread.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/news/lsc-reverses-contract-decision-folllowing-judge-s-warning" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/news/lsc-re ... -s-warning</a><!-- m -->

Ne conjugare nobiscum! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom