Snuff

IanM said:
I' don't really understand why anybody would want to do this, but that's probably because I've never had a nicotine hit in my entire life and intend to keep it that way.

Ian

And because of that, you have never sat up in bed afterwards with your lover curling him/herself around you and smoked while you make pillow talk; nor puffed as you watch the sun set/rise over a circular horizon or a mountain range; and on and on about the perfect smoke/puff/toke. I wish I were like you and never had a smoke - all that money! - but provided I don't have cancer brewing someplace inside me, I don't regret many, many moments enhanced by a ciggy. All the stink, staining, downside stuff was not a consideration until after I had stopped.

I'm hoping snuff will enhance chosen moments rather than be taken habitually. I'm certainly experiencing a connection with my roots - via Grandad - in these early days and that is well worth s few quid's worth of experimentation.

Nishy said:
Are you guys going to be able to use this stuff if you suffer from hayfever; it being just around the corner. I can imagine snuff pots spilling everywhere

Snuff is a very good specific against hay fever - it coats and protects the membranes and provides a barrier against the spores.
Towards the end of WW2 when the Germans were running out of practically everything on the eastern front they would dust freshly stitched wounds with snuff.
Tobacco is one of the earliest recorded forms of disinfectant

Re: RE: Snuff

SirPrize said:
Nishy said:
Are you guys going to be able to use this stuff if you suffer from hayfever; it being just around the corner. I can imagine snuff pots spilling everywhere

Snuff is a very good specific against hay fever - it coats and protects the membranes and provides a barrier against the spores.
Towards the end of WW2 when the Germans were running out of practically everything on the eastern front they would dust freshly stitched wounds with snuff.

Interesting, coats and protects the membranes? Kills them due to all scientific research

SirP, you never fail to delight and surprise in equal measure. I do so enjoy your infrequent erudite contributions. Tobacco for wounds eh, that's an interesting one.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Nishy said:
SirPrize said:
Nishy said:

Interesting, coats and protects the membranes? Kills them due to all scientific research

citation please.

Nishy said:
Sorry fella I have no cited sources just knowledge from a convention that I had to attend as part of my CPD

But you mentioned "all scientific research".

Surely if this is a fact rather than an unsupported assertion you would have been shown these studies as part of your CPD?

Sorry but when people start claiming "scientific fact" I get this twitchy itchy feeling and cant help myself from typing "citation please".

Slightly confusing here sorry my fault, the convention was based on the 'dangers of nicotine and
delivery systems used to disguise the silent killer' it wasn't a write up on my part just attendance based we did receive loads of sheets of paper with slides and cited quotation but I didn't really bother putting those to memory, I can't imagine a patient wanting quotes where I work, what I do know is that diffusion through the nasal membrane affects the cilia present, long term use can damage the membrane beyond repair, secondly depending on the individual long term need o be the case for irreversible damage

Nishy said:
Slightly confusing here sorry my fault, the convention was based on the 'dangers of nicotine and
delivery systems used to disguise the silent killer' it wasn't a write up on my part just attendance based we did receive loads of sheets of paper with slides and cited quotation but I didn't really bother putting those to memory, I can't imagine a patient wanting quotes where I work, what I do know is that diffusion through the nasal membrane affects the cilia present, long term use can damage the membrane beyond repair, secondly depending on the individual long term need o be the case for irreversible damage

gosh, thats annoying. Ive just spent a while doing the research and then the whole post disappeared on the basis of "too many links in one post"!

There's no need for a pissing contest, guys - we all know that tobacco ain't good for us and will probably kill us eventually - but ain't that life?

gazza said:
Sorry but when people start claiming "scientific fact" I get this twitchy itchy feeling and cant help myself from typing "citation please".

Fair comment - I feel the same about "Common knowledge" and "Everyone knows"
As for the hay fever thing, I have seen its efficacy on other people - I do not suffer from hay fever myself, and as to the other issue I once read an article on the medicinal use of the tobacco leaf (Yes - you read that right) - if I can find it again I will post it.

I've looked at the tin several times today and thought of taking a pinch but decided not to today - to prove to myself I'm in control of it. But for how long ..............???

I'll wait till my tiny bulk order arrives and try one of them next.

What does one do for a snuff box these days? I got bored sifting through plastic boxes and cocaine taking contraptions -and the decent ones on the snuff shop sites were all rather large, I thought.

Bechet45 said:
I've looked at the tin several times today and thought of taking a pinch but decided not to today - to prove to myself I'm in control of it. But for how long ..............???

I'll wait till my tiny bulk order arrives and try one of them next.

What does one do for a snuff box these days? I got bored sifting through plastic boxes and cocaine taking contraptions -and the decent ones on the snuff shop sites were all rather large, I thought.

Lots of antique snuff boxes on eBay.

Back
Top Bottom