Snuff

Well I've finally decided to place my own order with Mr Snuff!! As they wouldn't take paypal I was holding off. But I'm going to give it a try[emoji33]
But... Does any here know a Discount Code that works that I can use.

Still have the order on the computer waiting for a discount or a free sample to pop up.
Really like the Viking. So I have one of each. And have a S Gawith peppermint and. Toque peppermint (unless anyone has an idea of I nicer mint?)
Hoping for a sale or special at the end of the month[emoji33]

Hiya,

So maybe some of you can answer a question for me. Having no first hand knowledge gives me no clue about how snuff actually feels in your nose. Tough to imagine what it's like, pounding that stuff up the old schnozzola.

Seems like menthol snuff is popular, and my question is......what's that feel like inside your nose? I know what menthol feels like on my face but man..........up my nose?

So is it like a Wasabi kinda burn, or is it a nose freeze, or maybe you get a headache like from eating ice cream too fast? Menthol up my nose? Probably not.

What might be the attraction?

Well Martin, this whole snuff thing may be the same as finding a razor that you like.
What I've found that I like is a snuff with little or no burn, a pleasant favor/aroma and a good shot of nicotine. I'd say the good shot of nicotine would be the main thing ( at least for me ).
From the ones I've tried the only ones that give me the: no burn, good taste and a buzz that i need to be seated to take are the Vikings. A good one to start with is the Viking Spear. Nice spearmint .

And you don't go "pounding that stuff up the old schnozzola.", rather a small pinch or pinch worth, according to how you take it, sniffed gently so it rests in the front of your lower nose. Burn comes from sniffing to hard and get the snuff up into your sinuses.

It is all about the nicotine hit or lift, which you can do gently or over-do and get a buzz.

It does excite whatever it is that causes a runny nose, so beware quantity and frequency. It doesn't feel like anything up your nose other than tastes and menthol, etc rushes start there instead of your mouth.

Give it a go! why don't you. Find the right ones for you and it is very pleasant.

Johnus said:
Well Martin, this whole snuff thing may be the same as finding a razor that you like.
What I've found that I like is a snuff with little or no burn, a pleasant favor/aroma and a good shot of nicotine. I'd say the good shot of nicotine would be the main thing ( at least for me ).
A good one to start with is the Viking Spear. Nice spearmint .

Bechet45 said:
And you don't go "pounding that stuff up the old schnozzola.",

It is all about the nicotine hit or lift, which you can do gently or over-do and get a buzz.

It does excite whatever it is that causes a runny nose, so beware quantity and frequency. It doesn't feel like anything up your nose other than tastes and menthol, etc rushes start there instead of your mouth.

Give it a go! why don't you. Find the right ones for you and it is very pleasant.

Johnus, I don't know about all that you mentioned. Sounds so weird talking about flavor' without using your mouth in any way. Spearmint from your nose eh? It's tough to imagine what that nicotine hit would feel like, but no one seems to mind it in the least!!!

Carl, I was being a little over dramatic describing the snuff delivery method. It's more of a delicate poofter kinda move, just like Sir Percy did in the Pimpernel movie.

Heh, I have to draw the line with this nicotine related method.....just too bizarre. Heh, kinda like never doing needles when I was a kid.

I have mentioned this little hobby/habit to fellow Yankers and no one has ever tried snuff up the nose. Probably wouldn't go over too well in Texas. Johnus? How bout in Olde New York?

Martin

If you'd like I could send you a small sample that you could try. Promise that it won't turn you into a frog (or a prince!!)
As far as people in New York using snuff; found only one Tobacconist in my area that stocked one brand of Scottish Snuff that he says he holds for a few elderly ladies that live across the boarder in Pennsylvania !!!

I got a few different ones to try, from my smoking shop www.mysmokingshop.co.uk I had Wilsons of sharrow, I just mixed the Irish coffee and menthol together into a snuff box, and shook it up. The small tins are so cheap you can play around with the flavours. The little tins I bought were only £1.05 each for for a 5g tin.

Attachments

• snuff.jpg
    snuff.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 11
Do the same with my almost empty bullets when I want to try something different usually anything Menthol overpowers the others.

My daughter spent this week at music camp in Ithaca New York. Had time to go to the Cornell U Gardens. And found this...[attachment=11359]
Used to give forest tones to Snuff!!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407024617.936289.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407024617.936289.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 38
Interesting! Having not Googled it, I have wondered how they get the flavour in.

It must be the equivalent of a perfumer or a chef; mixing a couple of flavours together to come up with something completely different.

Here I sit, freezing cold at 23 C ambient, rain hurtling down so the cats are looking out through the open doorway in disbelief, desperate for a snuff - but the cold and damp are into the arthritis in my thumbs and I can't grip the tin well enough to twist it open! What is a poor chap to do? No rim for a can-opener to grip, no passers-by - ah! there's some left in a bullet, praise the lords!! Phew! The lasso gripper grippy things for opening jars don't work on it. Beware aging gentlemen! Keep some snuff in an easy access account/jar/bottle/place and your bullets always loaded!

At least I don't have to water the dahlias again tonight!

While I'm here - has anyone tried Viking Spear? Having decanted a second Kilner jar into tins, I'm starting to think of my next purchase and wondering if it's worth adding a can of Spear to the next drum or ten pack, whichever I decide on. Or I might chuck the habit oh yeah in my dreams or nightmares!

Back
Top Bottom