Snuff

If any one else goes down the 500g tub route, you can decant into five 250ml Kilner jars or, as I have, four jars and four and a bit 25g tin refills. Kept in a cool, dark place that should keep it fresh.

Apart from the odd toot of something else because it is in front of me, I use Viking Dark exclusively now. In fact, that prompts me to tidy up and it'll be VD from here on out. This means, of course, that I have a bunch of snuff that will not be used - some opened and some not. Anybody want to try this stuff? - but, be warned, it is addictive! Does no harm like cigarettes but contains nicotine, the most addictive drug known to man - and women, too!

Bechet45 said:
Apart from the odd toot of something else because it is in front of me, I use Viking Dark exclusively now. be warned, it is addictive! Does no harm like cigarettes but contains nicotine, the most addictive drug known to man - and women, too!

No kidding Carl.....you are done with the journey already? Well, you did try more than a few snuffs and styles, so you know your druthers by now. It was pretty enjoyable seeing your enthusiastic and intense education.

So what's it like having a nicotine habit that doesn't involve smoking the stuff? I can't quite wrap my head around not burning tobacco but still getting hooked. To me, the actual smoke was a major pleasurable part of the whole deal.

So what happens when you want a snort? What goes through your head? Might you get the heebie jeebies or somethin without the snuff being taken?

Carl!! Only one!!
Had a Spanish teacher in High School, cool guy, was an Italian Gymnast in the '38 Olympics, told a story about Bees... That the happiest bee and the best honey is from bees that never stay with one kind of flower.
As he said it in Spanish, I'm not really sure if he was telling a Parable or was tell about apiculture??

Well, I have all sorts of snuff lying scattered about me - didn't do the tidy up yet! - and just never touch them but very rarely. I always reach for the tin of Viking Dark. Every time I stray to another kind I soon put some VD up after it. It is my snuff of choice. Had to do an extensive search, me being me, before choosing the first one I bought as the one for me. What can I tell you? As I'm not making snuff, that seems OK to me.

I guess that as with smoking, one's nicotine levels drop and you just reach for the product that boosts it again. You lit a cigarette (as I used to many years ago) and I take a toot of snuff. Not a lot of thought because I always ensure that I have a supply of nicotine available. Were I to run out I guess I would experience withdrawal symptoms and do desperate things. There was a spate of reports about people getting banned from the supermarket because they turned up in pyjamas to buy cigarettes first thing. Being a very organised sort of guy, I guess I will order another tub of snuff when I'm half way down the last of my four jars of it - probably sooner.

I had a young (42) visitor yesterday accepted a pinch of snuff, saying he uses it occasionally, and snorted it as hard as he could. A goodly whack of dark snuff straight into his sinuses had predictable consequences which he heroically survived but watching the pain on his face was ...... moving.

I accidentally got some Havana toast into my sinuses yesterday. I think it took about two minutes for my eyes to stop running and about five minutes to convince myself I wasn't going to die!

Interesting video about Wilson's

http://snuffhouse.org/discussion/7880/great-video-from-youtube-about-wilsons-of-sharrow

All the years I lived in Sheffield and I never knew Wilsons was based there (though I remember seeing a snuff tin that my Grandad used).

I used to work just round the corner from there too.

Storage.... We in the US have gone back to the Depression Age fear of "Want". With our political system we have started Hoarding
things that we fear our government will soon Ban! Ammunition, guns, etc and now Snuff! If your unfamiliar with our laws, it's easier to buy guns than Snuff. Because of the fear that shipments ofSnuff from the UK will be banned , we're now concerned about Hoarding and with hoarding how to store the stash.
Here's a video that covers the issue that you might find interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4UPut50sz4&sns=em

MarkDifferential said:
JohnnyO said:
"""still don't get why you'd wanna sniff this stuff unless you had to. Seems odd. I mean jeeez, it can't smell or taste very good. """

Some feel that: "Bacchus, Venus & Tobacco reduce man to ashes"
Some feel that they are our "Muses".
Who's to say which is correct?

Well there is another advantage to finding "the one" and storage becomes easy.

At least we now know it's legal to send snuff to you - it says so on You Tube, m'lud - or whatever you call your judges after you've extradited me!

Bechet45 said:
What's the name for the surgical operation to increase the size of your nostrils?

That would be called rhinoblasty. The model for this operation is based on the very old Twilight Zone pig people episode.

Johnus said:
Martin !!!! " "rhinoblasty" you don't want to discuss here in mixed company(;-(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QrQfy4AIVE

I thought carefully about the spelling. Just sounds righter. You like that word? That would make wronger one also.

Back
Top Bottom