"Skyfall" New Bond Film

Saw this last week and really enjoyed it. First cinema trip for me in a while and I remember why I bought a home set up!
I really can't be arsed with these overpriced multiplexes any more. My last hope is a local ish indie http://www.uppcinema.co.uk/index.php?/site/

With you on that...I usually take a trip to this place once a month depending on whats on http://therexberkhamsted.com/

I can have a civilised beer, coffee, book a table or stretch my legs and not a bag of stinking frigging popcorn in sight.

What a gem, I love these art deco cinemas. Thats only 20 odd miles from me as well. Might take a trip at some point.

Ye just had a look for Christmas Eve and it's sold out. I like the idea of a table in the stalls.

I said from the first viewing that Skyfall was one of the worst Bond films I've ever seen, and the Oscars seem to agree not one nomination for acting or direction, just one for best song, can't say I'm surprised.

Jamie

When did a Bond film ever get nominated for acting or direction, Jamie? (Hint: never.) It got five nominations; the others put together have nine, all in minor categories.

pugh-the-special-one said:
I didn't think of of like that Rick, maybe I'm a old fart who's just stuck in the 60s and 70s when it comes to Bond films.:icon_biggrin:

Jamie

If I'm honest I use to favour the 60's and 70's Bond films.

After seeing Skyfall, which I thought was very good, I downloaded Goldfinger to read on my kindle. I'm only a short way through but I can see now why the last three bond films have that harder edge to them. They are maybe more towards, what Ian Fleming had in mind. I don't know may be just me.

Skyfall is a marketing thing really. They had to drift a bit from the vision that Fleming had, otherwise people would get bored of it and the films just wouldn't sell. They are in competition with the likes of Bourne, etc.

That said, I agree that it was a pathetic story line, unimaginative and apart from the straight razor scene and the first 12 minutes, I almost fell asleep.

Northam Saint said:
pugh-the-special-one said:
I didn't think of of like that Rick, maybe I'm a old fart who's just stuck in the 60s and 70s when it comes to Bond films.:icon_biggrin:

Jamie

If I'm honest I use to favour the 60's and 70's Bond films.

After seeing Skyfall, which I thought was very good, I downloaded Goldfinger to read on my kindle. I'm only a short way through but I can see now why the last three bond films have that harder edge to them. They are maybe more towards, what Ian Fleming had in mind. I don't know may be just me.

I thought that Moonraker was a terrific read but a truly appalling film.

I saw Skyfall on its opening night in Peterborough, with my son, and we loved it...there are loads of DVDs of it flying around at the moment.

There was an audible gasp when he opened the garage to reveal the DB5. Perhaps he needs to back to the Bentley as in the books?

:angel:

Re: RE: "Skyfall" New Bond Film

Northam Saint said:

Certainly the Craig era is far closer to the books than any of the others, which for me is a win.

Back
Top Bottom