Six Nations Rugby

Try and show a little grace James you did win after all.

It was an error strewn match but Priestland was offside by half a yard, but in place, there was another defender outside him, the penalty and yellow was given as a deliberate and cynical act to stop quick ball, which it was. Correct decision and you played better without him for 10 minutes.

North I might add was very lucky not be carded and for tapping the ball into touch deliberatley stopping Strettle gathering but you know we accept it and get on with it.

pugh-the-special-one said:
If there were to be any complaint, then it should have come from Wales, Rhys Priestland should never have been sent off, he in no way impeded the man with the ball, but we except it and get on with it, and there shuold have been a straight yellow card no arguments, when a england player took Warburtons legs from under him during a line out.

Jamie.

Late response.

Rhys Priestland's yellow card was blatant and obvious. It was right in front of my son and I. The ref had warned Wales several times (I was listening on my reflink). It was a no-brainer. England were attacking from a few yards out. Sadly England did not really profit over the next 10minutes (3 points apiece).
The Warburton lineout was on the other side of the pitch to us but I agree we were lucky to still have 15 on the pitch at the time. It looked bad from where we were but I didn't have the benefit of seeing it on TV.
It was a close match decided in the end by one or 2 errors (or a moment of genious depending on your point of view) :icon_sad:

Fido said:
England for the next World Cup?

A bit premature, but what a performance after nearly giving the game away with daft penalties. Some great attacking rugby from England, almost reminding the French of what they themselves used to do a few years ago. As regards the French, I still can't work-out what they're trying to do - their style of play at present seems confused.

Bring them on! Nice to see England trying to play like Wales, after the Martin Johnson saga i suppose they couldn't get any worse, and nice to see a young player who started is semi pro career with my home town club Merthyr playing so well for England Ben Morgan, it would be a travesty if they hand the coaching job to the the South African Mallet, after the sterling job Lancaster is doing. PS you are right Tony, Wales have won four out of four, and they haven't played that well by their standards, so there could well be a back lash, look out France, try fest!

Jamie

Back
Top Bottom