Single Edge by Supply Provision - are you getting one?

I might be a bit daft but..how would I order the razor and all the baseplates from their site?
Were the multiple base plates just a kick starter offering?

Update: Got this reply back from them in regards to base plates not being on their site for sale:
It's currently not available on our website, but we're considering bringing it back.
There's been a lot of demand..

I got to say until I can have the option to buy different base plates I don't see myself buying the razor. Why on earth would you design a razor to take multiple base plates...and then not sell them?

Last edited:
Interesting question, Db! I just had a look and cannot see a mention of three base plates anywhere. They were certainly an option in KickStarter.

I wonder why they are not offering them?

Perhaps the mild and the aggressive plates are too mild and aggressive?

My follow up comment to them:
It IS a bit odd to sell a razor that is designed to take different base plates....but then not sell the base plates :)

Their reply:
Haha! Good point. Well, we'd have to say we agree. Keep an eye out for some updates on the site in the near future

I guess there is hope :)

My follow up comment to them:
It IS a bit odd to sell a razor that is designed to take different base plates....but then not sell the base plates :)

Their reply:
Haha! Good point. Well, we'd have to say we agree. Keep an eye out for some updates on the site in the near future

I guess there is hope :)
Well, that just sounds a load of bollocks then doesn't it? "Let's design and sell an adjustable razor, but let's not sell the adjuster"!? WTF?

Well, that just sounds a load of bollocks then doesn't it? "Let's design and sell an adjustable razor, but let's not sell the adjuster"!? WTF?

Yeah, weird. I wonder if they based on the results from the Kickstarter campaign maybe didn't think enough people would want the different base plates and decided to keep things simple once they launched for real. I do like though that they seem to be open to bring them back as an option if there's enough of an interest in them.
I guess we'll see what happens in March.

Yeah, weird. I wonder if they based on the results from the Kickstarter campaign maybe didn't think enough people would want the different base plates and decided to keep things simple once they launched for real. I do like though that they seem to be open to bring them back as an option if there's enough of an interest in them.
I guess we'll see what happens in March.
I'm surprised you didn't go for the Kickstarter deal??

I'm surprised you didn't go for the Kickstarter deal??

It's one of these razors that I'm really interested in...but that I still want to read some real user-reviews of before I decide on it.
I think it might be the physical similarity to the vintage Personna/PAL razors that held me back a bit (as I didn't quite find them to be all that) - which of course doesn't make a whole lot of logical sense as there is no reason to expect this one to shave anything like those razors just because the handle looks similar. I guess sometimes perception is a powerful thing :)

I'll be paying attention to the reviews as they hopefully start pouring in in March.

I'm a bit surprised myself, there ........... I signed up, payed up and promptly forgot about it; it'll get here when it gets here.

I never knew they weren't offering the graded plates beyond the Kickstarter though; that definitely doesn't make sense.

Back
Top Bottom