Simpsons Wood & Horn - LATEST - TWITTER ONLY

Simpsons Wood & Horn Handles - UPDATED

pugh-the-special-one said:
I had two brushes made by Bill from wood both based on the Simpson range a Simpsons 59 in stabilized Buckeye Burl which was sold to Dr Rick, and the Chubby 1.5 in Lignum Vitae.

Now that's what in talking about :)

Based on the edit of the OP, I'm saying £500 all in. Lol

LATEST UPDATE

Simpson has been presenting an assortment of one-off brushes exclusively for sale on its Twitter page (see first post in thread for examples). So far as I know, these have not been available on the main site. They have been selling fast - "within half an hour".

From a twitter exchange, it looks like this is how the horn and wood handled brushes recently announced will be sold:

"Will the horn & wood handles mentioned only be available via twitter, as seems to be the case with recent LEs?"

"Probably yes, makes things easier from an administration perspective."

"And how do we get further details (prices etc.)/order/pay?"

"If you see something you like, email enquiries@progress-vulfix.com for pricing, availability & payment details."

So there you have it. If you are a Simpson devotee/brush collector, you'd best sign up to twitter - indeed, as one poster said, "joined twitter today for this reason."

Simpson's twitter address is: @AESimpson1919

UKRob said:
factormax said:
Dipesh said:
Based on the edit of the OP, I'm saying £500 all in. Lol

Sounds about right, Dipesh.

I'm sure that neither of you are being serious (are you?)- but anything more than a £30 premium on the standard price would be unjustifiable in my opinion.
Good God almighty! That's a ridiculous price for a brush.
I think the most money I EVER spent on a brush was around £130 (Rooney "Stubby" 2XL cream handle, 28mm "Heritage" 2-band Super).
In my opinion, £300 is unjustified. £500 is madness. Maybe if the handle was made of gold, but only if.

jb74 said:
Via their Twitter...

Incredible Chubby 2 Manchurian Badger in stunning Disco Haze ready to ship. Can Paypal Invoice. Won't last ...

No price, no contact details listed... <sigh>

It would seem to be a case of POA which, in my experience, usually means I won't be able to afford it.

factormax said:
jb74 said:
Via their Twitter...

Incredible Chubby 2 Manchurian Badger in stunning Disco Haze ready to ship. Can Paypal Invoice. Won't last ...

No price, no contact details listed... <sigh>

It would seem to be a case of POA which, in my experience, usually means I won't be able to afford it.

Yep, I hate being forced to walk the shameful path of having to send an email only to find that the price is way out of my league... and that's before the VAT :)

UPDATE 01/10/14
"The Horn & Wood @AESimpson1919 handles are being engraved. We can't even begin to describe just how gorgeous these brushes are looking!"

Well just emailed mark regards the walnut and snake wood handles - was told they would be expensive since short numbers - not sure I liked the tone or implication ) I'm all for maximising profits but has to be a balance it will be these same people who can very quickly buy other premium products leaving you with the issue of no customer base.

Many of the handles can be made cheaply in wood - and plenty premium knot suppliers - so really wondering why I would consider buying a simpson now - if so expensive!!!!

Saw the pics on Twitter. Yet again poor photography, specifically lighting, lets them down. You just can't appreciate the detail in the wood because it just to hard to see it.

Premium brushes, lacklustre product photography.

Back
Top Bottom