Show us your boars!

Yes, I have few Turkish made boar brushes(Jaguar, Shaving factory, Lider and few more) I think they are very good. I bought most of them when I went to Turkey. The bristles are not densely packed, don't take long to break-in, they are inexpensive. The only thing I can criticise are the handles are not very good quality but they do the job, they are not just as pretty as Omega or Semogue, but I think they are great performers.

My row of piggies:

z8vIWvv2E6THY9ip7zC5Y_5dyotRAdd-z-kibuVaFxSCa6dY67ufYlQ593o2Vd7nI30-A4plvfp8HcwnQh-eZFckVh_mGU67wgLqYyVxLlEYPPb2_oFp2mCYa5A73EO2exC2KANat51v1r1XehEh3_O43u7QiwYh62mejHhmm-tSTLgofDlX1p-PKNtyfV5YsLfv32_REsavy6wRnm78a6SfGTH5E0cP8toAfMwtwfHlIm67Q-r6Npj-BxCil7si769_LRmfonBe4NPGi8qtOJWuU7lEE499IFEhxx9bVqvXhLfdDin4O1mdw-UaPH2glfBXsjt9Up35tNCqCRGbJu0uA-RiT6K43IGthgcsOJ7WsnNkXvaq96CljoRc9TxQsJsOOYZHFc43KYD0Wze-WalFP_2Kf5QBaZAAFcmmtUZrj9GmsFLCN2AXJ9xdEpIO3w2j9Uzrhfd4Yvv1b2DwkP6I0VvVFg_XETD9Cq_412r0SaRQqBklPfC_XbU5GaE1F9MoB4zRmPjrE3mMtnMUT7gieiLJ-V2f7wHVm4UHLZQnRKIlaFMsgrvezDtruTLYkAw-vaBhKHf9BQySbUqH4Ev2TQ-K342FOVr3QGXAVdGIYfYy_fa3KPIgAft2Hw8T84fFABsa5CgqSAhbntifBahJAPT52L7lV5Fc2BbcC7mt1ms=w1200

Vintage Ever Ready (No.1)
Vintage Cussons?
Omega 10015
Chinese knot in a Gan Village Green handle < my favourite
Chinese knot in a crazy grey/black lava lamp handle
Semogue 1305
SOC Italian Barber
SOC Ash
SOC Cherry
Omega 10098
Love the look of the Omega 10015! Need to get myself one of those. A good performer?

FullSizeRender.jpg

...although probably not very vogue, I find a few of the small Omega boars terrific in use; particularly the 10290 aka 'Baby Pro' and 10051 aka 'Chunky Chubb' both have backbone, scrub and the ability to hold lather that belies their size.

Last edited:
View attachment 34508

...although probably not very vogue, I find a few of the small Omega boars terrific in use; particularly the 10290 aka 'Baby Pro' and 10051 aka 'Chunky Chubb' both have backbone, scrub and the ability to hold lather that belies their size.

Where did you order the 10051 from? Few sellers seem to stock that particular Omega. It's the same knot as the 40033 but with a slighter larger handle.

I bought a "Zenith pig" and although it was softer than most it wasn't fully broken in, so the fridge treatment would still speed up the process .
YMMV ect......:) P.

I used both of my new Zenith pigs a few times without using the fridge treatment and even the tips of the bleached/unbleached were incredibly soft I found they were both 'lather eaters' and even loading the brush heavily there wouldn't be much lather by the third pass.

After the fridge treatment they are much better and I think the brushes are a lot better for using the fridge treatment, but as ever YMMV.

I used both of my new Zenith pigs a few times without using the fridge treatment and even the tips of the bleached/unbleached were incredibly soft I found they were both 'lather eaters' and even loading the brush heavily there wouldn't be much lather by the third pass.

After the fridge treatment they are much better and I think the brushes are a lot better for using the fridge treatment, but as ever YMMV.
Great news, it seems to work very well and anything simple that improves your boar quickly has got to be a good thing. :) P.

Latest boar acquisition: Omega 011829

29894260998_d12e3ccdf9.jpg

Three uses now, was off to a rocky start but once I realised varying the pre-soak time considerably changes the brush performance (yes I'm still a boar newbie) it really came on song. Also, the knot initially seemed to be quite sparse but as the tips split the knot really fills out, I guess Omega know exactly what their doing!

Back
Top Bottom