Show us your boars!

Stubby beast! Tamed yet?
Mine has been well and truly tamed, I gave it the overnight soaking in the fridge treatment followed by a brisk rub down on a towel left to dry during the day and repeat for a week. It's breaking in wonderfully, starting to split and get soft and still has great backbone. I love it, a fab face lathering brush.

I gave my Stirling boar the same fridge soaking / drying method it took a while longer but now that has broken in nicely, it lost a few bristles but has stopped now, turned out to be a real nice brush, this would have happened over time anyway I know but this just speeds up the breaking in time. I don't know who came up with this method but by jingo it works! :) P.

Next to last Kent V80:​
large.jpg

Zenith Brushes.jpg Here my two new pigs - a bleached & unbleached Zenith.

Even though both brushes were sold as 24mm sized knots & 57mm high lofts, the unbleached has a knot of 23.0mm & 58.6mm high loft, and the bleached 23.1mm knot & 58.2mm high loft, and both have a 13mm or so glue bump.

I think it was @Nisse who's 'twin' Zenith boars had some discrepancy regarding knot width but I'm really impressed with how close both brushes dimensions are to each other.

Back
Top Bottom