Short SE summary?

That almost sounds like the lather not being slick enough or too much pressure. If my skin would move a few mm it would freak me out..
Oh really?
It definitely isn't too much pressure.
I couldn't put less pressure.
It occurs less with a little pressure.
It just catches on the hairs and drags your face a bit.
If I do it a bit quicker, it happens less.
It is almost like the blade is a bit blunt.
Sounds like an angle thing though.

None of this is a problem by the way, I am still getting great shaves, I am just trying to learn more about it
and what is going on. Raising my game a bit.

I cant shave with some of the earlier DE razors because they were designed for thicker blades...If I use a current DE blade in an older DE I will get the blade flexing and ripping my whiskers out by the root..I have Cast Iron whiskers though...They suit some people very well..Injector blades will never flex ...They are clamped down straight and rigid...As far as I am concerned a DE design blade is the least efficient shaving system on the market..:p

Here is the thing though...King Gillette was no fool and because of his salesman back ground he understood market research...King Gillette was the first person to research men's whisker growth...He found that over 85 percent of USA males had a Light to Moderate whisker growth...He knew darn well fine that a DE shaving system would fit them well...Less efficient or not...Clever Guy..;)

Billy

Last edited:
I have wondered that.
It does seem like I am playing a different game to a lot of people when I read threads.

I am quite lucky.
I don't cut myself at all. I don't get weepers.
I got a bit of razor burn when I first picked up a de, but I think some of that was the soaps (I have discovered that some soaps sting)
Any DE with anything that wasn't a feather was just pointless.
Just scraping away for ages.
So, moved up the efficiency route and things got better.
Definitely better with SEs then again, better with injectors.
I think you might be right with the rigidity thing.

I tried face mapping and it is an excellent idea.
BUT, feeling it and using cotton wool doesn't help in areas where it literally goes round in circles.
:)
Photographing it REALLY was great. I also discovered some that just lie flat against the skin.
So, I think that the mild razors struggle to catch them. A more exposed blade gets at them more.

I also haven't found a blade yet that I would say was sharp.
I actually find it odd that people do. Compared to what people say about a blade, I would have thought that I had a duff pack.
But they can't ALL be duff.

I used a mild razor on my arm and it gives a BBS instantly.

(Thank you for this guys, I really appreciate it.
I just thought, where else can you ask someone about how to improve your shaving skills?)

OK, so, to technique.
Angle.
Let me mess about with angle.
Hmmmm
Shall I go sharp or easy to achieve angle?
Am I right in thinking that the Injectomatic is harder to get the right angle than, say, a 1912?

Most men reckon they have a heavy growth according to research... Research shows, however, that around 85 % of White males have a Light to Moderate growth ..Its probably a Male Ego thing ..That's why most men turn away when standing next to you in a public toilet...Cause all will be revealed ..Or little...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Billy

(Thank you for this guys, I really appreciate it.
I just thought, where else can you ask someone about how to improve your shaving skills?)

OK, so, to technique.
Angle.
Let me mess about with angle.
Hmmmm
Shall I go sharp or easy to achieve angle?
Am I right in thinking that the Injectomatic is harder to get the right angle than, say, a 1912?
Absolutely not...A PAL Injectomatic is very intuitive to use..These were and still are a way ahead of their time..:p

Billy

Most men reckon they have a heavy growth according to research... Research shows, however, that around 85 % of White males have a Light to Moderate growth ..Its probably a Male Ego thing ..That's why most men turn away when standing next to you in a public toilet...Cause all will be revealed ..Or little...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Billy
My mate goes in the stalls ...... o_O

Billy
Well, I reckoned this too.
I don't particularly have thick head hair. Pretty average. So, I assumed my skin and stubble were fairly average.
That is why I started off with mild razors.
Good place to start as well, I might say.

Excellent to hear about the injectomatic as that is what I am using as preference.
(Well, after I have had a go with my SS (which, by the way, is right fun) although, I have now discovered that If you pull the blade out further, it is definitely better.)

OK, so, I shall concentrate on angle with my injectomatic.
I have been using the feather pro and schick blade. I think I prefer the feather slightly.
I shall carry on with that and see where I get.

Thanks again.
I can't believe this is so much fun.
Whoda thunk it?
Shaving..... fun.

I've only had noticeable lines in the lather from wide tooth open comb razors. However I don't tend to use them since they can also leave not so fetching red tramlines on my troublesome skin. So not the best look.

JohnnyO. o/

I had red dripping lines on mine when I tried a mmoc [emoji33]

Aww Alan, Something badly wrong there surely. My own oc micro gives a close but non blood drawing shave. Only time I've managed to cut myself with any SE was with my 1912 and the very first pass left my face a veritable red ruin. Turned out I had managed to misalign the GEM blade which was lying at a slant in the razor. I still blush to admit this silly mistake, which I have been carefull not to repeat.

JohnnyO. o/

Back
Top Bottom