Closed Shavette Pass Around

I have a Bluebeards Revenge Shavette available for a PIF if anyone is interested which has never been used.
I won't put any blades in with it as we all have our own idea what is a good blade and what isn't.
I'd prefer to start the PIF with members who have been with us for at least a month.

So if anyone is interested please let me know and I'll start a list.

Peter

cruciate said:
Interested in seeing how different it feels to the feather AC. I nearly bought one of these and would like to see if I made the right decision.

You're more than welcome to be the first one to try it but I definitely think you made the right decision with the Feather.

I think the best thing to do would be to get a small number of people who are interested, say 4 or 5 and then I'll post it on too you first.

Aha!

I've been thinking about a shavette and in actual fact, I've got a BBR shavette in the basket of a well-known online shaving supply company as we speak but before I hit 'send', thought I'd check out peoples' opinions on it. Good timing!

I'm interested in having a go if it's still going but if not then it's less than a tenner..

MarkDifferential said:
Aha!

I've been thinking about a shavette and in actual fact, I've got a BBR shavette in the basket of a well-known online shaving supply company as we speak but before I hit 'send', thought I'd check out peoples' opinions on it. Good timing!

I'm interested in having a go if it's still going but if not then it's less than a tenner..

Pm me your address and I'll get it off too you

Re: RE: Shavette Pass Around

Dobbo25 said:
cruciate said:
Interested in seeing how different it feels to the feather AC. I nearly bought one of these and would like to see if I made the right decision.

You're more than welcome to be the first one to try it but I definitely think you made the right decision with the Feather.

I think the best thing to do would be to get a small number of people who are interested, say 4 or 5 and then I'll post it on too you first.

Oooh, are we off?
Can I go second please?

Dobbo25 said:
Sent it 1st class recorded so you should have it tomorrow.

Good man, I'll leave another day's worth on my face then :)

I'll let you know when I get it.

cruciate said:
Oooh, are we off?
Can I go second please?

I guess so! I'll send it off to you first thing next week after I've been able to try it a couple of times. I hope there won't be too much blood to clean out of it ;-)

PM me your address and I'll send it on.

I don't know what blade you will be using but if you're breaking one in half, you'll end up with a little curved bit at each corner, just snip it off with a pair of scissors.

Thanks for the tip.

I may delve into my 'previously enjoyed' blades that reside in my jam-jar-insipired blade bank. Most blades in there have done 3 shaves, none have done more than four so I may use of of those so I don't start off too sharp. Or I could use a Derby..

It has arrived!

I've taken it out of the packet, had a look and must admit I thought it looked easy to use.

I then went and had a practice without a blade and have changed my mind. I can't hold the thing straight, I can't tell how much pressure is on and I couldn't help imagining that I would cut myself to pieces in very short order. I'll will have another look later though when I'm all prepped up with the DE as back-up so I can at least have a go. If I draw blood in the first 5 strokes I'll pass it on today though I can't imagine doing under the jaw will be easy.

I'm going to reserve judgement, just wanted to let those wondering know it had arrived.

OK, I can either start a new thread or keep this one here, which is probably a better idea.

The shavette remains unused. I've had another practice dry-run and I can't see myself not cutting myself to pieces. I don't feel confident about it at all. The bottom line being, I'm not ready. I'd expect a bit of nerves first time but this isn't that. I'm just not ready or into trying it yet. I thought I was.

So, Cruciate, if you want to PM me your address, I'll pass it onto you.

Thanks to Dobbo for sending it over but I think I needed to see it to get it out of my system! :)

MarkDifferential said:
OK, I can either start a new thread or keep this one here, which is probably a better idea.

The shavette remains unused. I've had another practice dry-run and I can't see myself not cutting myself to pieces. I don't feel confident about it at all. The bottom line being, I'm not ready. I'd expect a bit of nerves first time but this isn't that. I'm just not ready or into trying it yet. I thought I was.

So, Cruciate, if you want to PM me your address, I'll pass it onto you.

Thanks to Dobbo for sending it over but I think I needed to see it to get it out of my system! :)

is it the blade gap thats the problem?

if so send i can send you my cjb razor on loan if you like, it can take the feather pro guard blades

what do you say?

either western style or Japanese style.

(might have to wait a couple weeks while i order my new one in, gives you time to mull it over)

shanky887614 said:
is it the blade gap thats the problem?

if so send i can send you my cjb razor on loan if you like, it can take the feather pro guard blades

what do you say?

either western style or Japanese style.

(might have to wait a couple weeks while i order my new one in, gives you time to mull it over)

Hi, I don't think it's the blade gap because I didn't put one in. From what I can gather, there's normally a millimetre or two that pokes out from the the holder?

It was the angle of the thing and holding it and imagining what would happen if that practice actually had a blade in it. Maybe I'll give it another go.

Dont be too frightened of it! You need a firm hand but a light touch with these things, if that makes sense? If you pull it away from your skin too much it will hop skip and jump over your skin and cause some cuts. Shallow angle is needed and only do the cheeks and front of throat to start with as these are the easy bits. Put blade flat on skin and then move the spine out from your skin the same thickness as the spine itself, say 4mm or so. Go for short strokes and keep the blade well rinsed and wet, also make your lather a wee bit more watery than you are used to with a DE. Take your time, watch your angle, but most of all don't let it scare you, dominate it and let it know who's boss
If it starts getting painful just stop and finish off with your normal razor, there's always tomorrow for another shot.

Back
Top Bottom