Shavemac Question...

Hello there folks,

Quick question for you Shavemac Brush owners...would their "finest" quality of Badger hair be the same or similar to say Simpson "Best" and "Silvertip" to Simpson "Super" ??
Pondering an order hmmmm:rolleyes:

Cheers in advance!

Cheers Nishy... so in your personal opinion would you go finest or Silvertip...? I guess I am asking which is better value for money and is there a vast difference between the two grades..my other Badgers are Simpson best and Super...

Thanks!!!

If I were in the market for another brush, it would be Shavemac Silvertip. It's a great knot but, in bulb, I personally wouldn't sink the loft too low.

Send Bernd an email with your wishes and go with his recommendation.

I'd go for the Silvertip, but the Finest is no slouch. Shavemac Silvertip is heavenly. In terms of quality, price and performance, however, shavemac Finest is second to none and a titch better than Simpson best. The problem I have with Simpson super brushes is that they're packed too densely for my liking. I have a Vulfix with the equivalent hair to Simpson super, but less densely packed; this Vulfix knot gives my shavemac Silvertip knots a run for their money

Last edited:
Finest from Shavemac imo is much better than Simpson best. Sometimes you get batches that are like super. One of the bargains of the shaving world with Shavemac quality to match.

Super guarantees you luxury and Snow White tips.

I had a duke 3 in best very soft and not the greatest backbone in the world = DO1 3 band.

If you put his three best knots in price order
DO1 2 band
DO1 3 band
Silvertip

I'd say the Silvertip offers the best combo of softness and backbone.

Received one of these from Bernd the other day.. Same specifications as the Xmas TSR le brush.. 26x52 in Silvertip 2 band.
393f177513773201c24187fc5d4df6b7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom