Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit different today.

Straight(not sure what it is)
(tidied up with my Merkur 34HD)
Real Shave Co shave cream
Wilkinson Sword Brush
Nivea ASB

Did cheeks and upper lip and was going well. So gave it a go on my neck. Didnt do too badly. Chin was abit harder and the blade seemed to drag/get caught on a few hairs. Think that was my angle though, i used to have the same problem with my DE till i changed angle. So ill keep practicing, next time i can shave with a straight will be on friday, but probably be saturday/sunday. Only going to shave with one when i dont have to rush and can take my time and relax.
Any nicks? Got a small one on my neck and a tiny one on my top lip, but besides that nothing bad. And the shave was pretty good.

hunnymonster said:
Recovered from the caffeine fiasco... and put my back out clearing snow. Cock!

If it isn't one thing, it's another. I've been like that pretty much since I turned 40.

Thursday

Gold Plated Gillette Tech
Feather
Vulfix VS/3
Trumper's Rose Soap
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

Feathers have not been good to me, but I'm determined that I'm going to use the pack somehow. Let's see how I get on with it in the Tech. No blood or burn, so that's a good start.

EDIT: By mid-morning my face did feel slightly irritated, and has done (its just gone 5pm) for the rest of the day - bugger.

Ian

Thursday

EJ Chatsworth Chrome/Crystal Platinum
Progress Vulfix 2234 - another fine brush, must write a review soon.
TOBS Avacado - first use - too early to comment - but not a great start, seemed to dry out quickly.
Florins Elite A/S balm

But still a great shave. Out into the snow now. Then cricket from SA.
Retirement's not lost it's appeal.

Thursday

Rooney Super
Mühle R41
Derby Extra Blade
Proraso cream
Alum
Liz Earle A/S moisturiser

Bowl lathered for the first time in a while today, it was nice to have warm lather on pass 2 without dipping the brush tips.I have also stopped rinsing between passes.Very nice shave which is becoming my standard with this set up.

After my recent attempts with feather blades I made a change,

merkur 33c
personna red
pre shave shower
TOBS Eton college
vulfix 404 mix
Eton college A/S

Well not as close as the feathers but made 3 passes without any discomfort at all,the personnas are definately not as sharp but a lot more comfortable :D

Thursday

1st ever DE shave on budget!

Lord Tech clone
Lord blade (as supplied with razor)
Very old travel brush from kit
RSC Ltd edition cream (from Poundland)

King of Shaves moisturiser

Result after 3 passes not too bad apart from 3 bad nicks (1 nose, 1 lip, 1 chin) but not put off as yet!
No soreness and as smooth as any Mach 3 shave I have had. Need to develop my technique A LOT!
I am thinking it has a lot to do with angles.

Thursday

S-2 Short-handled Super Adjustable (my birth razor)
Gillette Swede Blade (5th outing)
Kent BK2 Pure Badger
TOBS sensitive shave cream
100% Organic Shea Butter to moisturise

Probably the best shave I've had in a long time. I've run out of the TOBS cream now and won't be able to get any more until next week! Bah! :x

Friday

Gold Plated Gillette Tech
Swede
Vulfix VS/3
Trumper's Rose Soap
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

Back to my beloved Swede, but thanks to Fido, I'll be ordering some Iridiums soon. Found them to be almost Swede standard.

Ian

No time for the straight thos morning so:
Merkur 34HD
Astra blade
TOBS cream(got abit of this to try so thought i would today)
Wilkinson Sword brush
Simple ASB

Not much time to shave after getting up and having a shower. But it was a fast shave, with no irritation or cuts. I really am liking the Astras.

Indulgence day

Dirty Bird 1.5 scuttle - warm lather for a cold day
Duke 3 best - never fails!
Straight - Sheffield made restored by "Our" Neil
Merkur 38C/red personna - for ATG and tidy up
Castle Forbes Pre shave oil - and this did make a difference today
Castle Forbes Lavender Cream - fantastic scent and cushioning lather - ideal for straight. This is a really special cream.
Alum - so used to my Jagger that I probably applied too much pressure with the Merkur, so Alum came out to do its job.
DR Harris After Shave Milk - lovely stuff.

When I go a few days without the straight I tell myself it's just as smooth. But when I use my straight there is little doubt that it leaves my skin feeling even smoother and softer. With no cricket to worry about and being still snowed in it was a perfect time for a bit of indulgence - and don't I feel good right now!

Forbes.jpg

Friday pm

Musgo pre-shave soap
Gillette Sensor
Culmak soap
Semogue 1800
Boots Freshwood a\s

on a weeks growth this went very well especially the soap and new brush, honestly didn't need the a\s but did anyway :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom