Not open for further replies.
TUESDAY

Merkur 37C Slant
Bolzano 'Superinox' (1)
Semogue 1305
Tabac Stick

Proraso AS
Proraso ASB

Tried the Bolzano at last; I've been desperate to adore this rarely featured blade but (sadly) I thought it distinctly middling. Smooth to use but not a wholly efficient (ie barefaced) outcome. However that's only day 1, lets see what the rest of the cycle brings...

UPDATE 1404: 29/12.

Shaved at 0700 this morning and I now feel as if I am in need of another shave. Face feels stubbly and looks it too. Not impressed. It will get tomorrow as a second chance then it may well be PIF time.

Different blade today
Merkur 34 HD
Astra Superior platinum blade
Crabtree and Evelyn sienna soap
Wilkinson sword brush
Nivea ASB

Absolutly lovely shave.
No nick, no cuts, no irritation.
Blade was very smooth, no tugging at all, and even on bits of my neck where there is usually abit of tugging, it was smooth.
Not sure if it was the blade or the soap, or a mixture, but it was absolutly amazing.
Much better then the Derby, Israeli and red personna

Tuesday something different:

Kent BK4
Joseph Fenton 6/8 straight
Fatboy 'n' Feather

Pre-shave:
large glass of port to stiffen the sinews
lots of hot water to soften the bristles
Proraso pre/post: anaesthetic

Tabac
alum
Tabac a/s

Post shave:
large glass of Chablis

The razor honing job finally reached the top of the list yesterday, so today's was the first cut throat shave for me in 20 odd years. The first pass was laughable - no coordination - but after that it dawned on me that I was probably going survive with carotid artery intact, and the rest was pure enjoyment. Even the coup de maitre went well, and I can report no cuts and no irritation. I had recourse to the Fatboy to finish off the point of my chin, but otherwise I think I'd pass muster to the casual observer. Thanks go to Neil Miller for providing excellent honing information, and to The Indefatigable Fido, whose quest for the perfect shave serves as an inspiration.

A Golden 'Rite of Passage' Moment

Gentlemen please forgive me for this post but I am a proud(er) Father.

Son & Heir (Mr Spirit jnr) had his first DE Shave within the last hour, his kit courtesy of Santa (and Pauldog).

Feather Portable DE
Feather Blade
RSC Cream
Vulfic Bristle (?) Brush

My Proraso AS
My Proraso ASB

A third year student with about 4-5 weeks growth; gone in three passes. Hardly grizzled beard but hey! No nicks, cuts or slices. Very smooth. Him thrilled, me feeling old but very happy for him.

I really needed to share this with someone.

:D

Wednesday

Merkur 37C Slant
Astra SP (1)
Semogue 1305
ARKO Stick

Nivea ASB
Tabac AS

Binned the Bolzano; the thought of another shave with it was deeply troubling to me. Now I think that I may be able to understand how you Merkur-haters must feel.

Back to the 'old reliables' and they very rarely let me down. All is well again - in only two passes!

Merlur 34 HD
Astra blade
Palmolive shave stick
Wilkinson Sword brush
Nivea ASB

Went into Asda with my mum today. Thought id grab one of these Palmoliv shave sticks to give a try.
Well, i have to say, not too impressed.
Bit of irritation on the neck. Not sure if thats the blade or the new soap, but yesterday i had the best shave yet. New blade and Crabtree and Evelyn soap.
Next shave its back to the Crabtree and Evelyn soap i think.
Everywhere is very smooth, just some irritation on the neck.

Happy New Year Shave (Friday)

Proraso Pre/Post (non menthol version)
The wifes conditioner while in the shower (was doing my hair so just rubbed it on my face as well)
Gillette Red Tip
Personna Blade
Irisch Moos
CH2 2 band
Alum
AOS Rose water Toner
Castle Forbes Lavender Balm

Not used my Red Tip in ages, what a great little razor it is. No irritation at all so much faceturbation going on today.

Hope everyone had a good new year... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom