Shave of the day w/c Saturday 23rd January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday evening.

Prep: Wash face with a left over sliver of MWF, massage lather into beard, hot towel.
Cream: Castle Forbes Lime.
Brush: Shavemac.
Razor: 13/16ths Bismarck.
AS: Thayers Witch Hazel followed by Aqua Velva Blue Ice.

After three or four shaves with a DE it was nice to return to a straight.

Monday

Gold Tech
Iridium Super
Vulfix VS/3
D.R. Harris Marlborough Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother
Penhaligon's English Fern edt

Ian

Monday

Gillette SS
Feather (1)
Kent BK8
MWF
Aqua Velva

Thought I'd give feathers another try. The SuperSpeed is a nice mild razor so I thought I'd give it a bash. Because of previous experiences, I backed off too much with the feather blade - meaning zero irritation and cuts but not as smooth as I've shaved before. Gives me confidence to have another go with these bad boys though.

fozz77 said:
hunnymonster said:
Sunday

Robb Ointment for a big big big menthol kick

hmmm please divulge HM

It's a bit like Vick's Vaporub... a petrolatum-based ointment - but with the following additions:

Camphor 11.0%
Menthol 5.5%
Methyl Salicylate 4.0%
Eucalyptus Oil 1.0%
Pumilio Pine Oil 0.5%

Big in Africa apparently (I got mine free from a Nigerian shopkeeper in Edinburgh's African Quarter - which is in Gorgie (or possibly Dalry... my Edinburgh geography isn't that good lol) - which I'd never encountered until about 12 months ago)... if ever you suffer from razor bumps or rash, it soothes/cures it in 2 days.

My wife bought some Karvol for our kids' blocked nose? The smell took me right back to being a kid in the 70's. Warm bath, a few drops of Karvol on the pillow and a good book before being tucked in by mum.

Mmmmm. Think I might move back in with my parents and start sucking my thumb.

hunnymonster said:
fozz77 said:
hunnymonster said:
Sunday

Robb Ointment for a big big big menthol kick

hmmm please divulge HM

It's a bit like Vick's Vaporub... a petrolatum-based ointment - but with the following additions:

Camphor 11.0%
Menthol 5.5%
Methyl Salicylate 4.0%
Eucalyptus Oil 1.0%
Pumilio Pine Oil 0.5%

Big in Africa apparently (I got mine free from a Nigerian shopkeeper in Edinburgh's African Quarter - which is in Gorgie (or possibly Dalry... my Edinburgh geography isn't that good lol) - which I'd never encountered until about 12 months ago)... if ever you suffer from razor bumps or rash, it soothes/cures it in 2 days.

Interesting. Wow it will have quite a kick!

Sunday Night

EJ 87 + Swede (cheers ant)
Vulfix Pure
Speick cream
Trumper's Lime skinfood

Two days' stubble gone in three deliciously smooth passes. (Bit of redness in middle of left cheek - s'okay though.)

Somebody mentioned t'other day that a few days' growth is easier to scythe down than the usual day-old copper wire. Totally agree.

Am liking the Swede. Still loving the Speick. :shave

Straight(the smaller of the 2)
TOBS Sensitive cream
Wilkinson Sword brush

This gave me a smooth shave everywhere but my chin. Just one bit on my chin, like a line that went across it.
So got the DE out.
Merkur 34HD
Iridium Super

That got my chin smooth

Then i finished with Alum and ISIS ASB.
Lovely.
The straight seems to give me a much better shave on my neck and cheeks. The chin i still need to work on.
Im not a fan of the smaller razors i think. Ive only used the smaller straight twice now. Its smaller, and i can never seem to feel like i have it.
Its the same with the Superspeed i think, too light.

Arrowhead said:
1gear said:
Straight(the smaller of the 2)
I take it that's smaller as in narrower?
Yes.
Im trying to get a picture over from my phone of them, but the laptop isnt havng any of it at the moment. Ill have to do it when im on the main computer in abit.

Arrowhead said:
Getting the angle right is going to be more difficult with a narrow blade I'd have thought. I'm finding that there's quite a difference between 5/8 and 6/8 in that respect.

I think i got the angle about right. The shave is good, its just it seemed to lack in weight. I seem to like to feel of something with abit more weight, that i can get a feel for, rather then something light.
My phone is being stupid now, trying to get the pictures on the computer and its not having it, wont even see the files :roll:

Heres a picture of it. It doesnt show the size different as much as what it is.
P060110_1051.jpg

The white handled one is the bigger one and the one i prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom