Shave of the day w/c Saturday 1st May 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday

Another day, another workout. Evening, this time.

Another shave.

AoS badger // Vision & Gillette Plat. (Russ.) // Real Shaving Co. cream // Floid blue // Weleda

Raining every now and then here, cold enough (circa 5 deg C) but very nice. The locals are frustrated the spring hasn't fully appeared yet. I'm glad as when it does, the girls will go out half naked and drive me nuts... (and you know, most of them are simply gorgeous).

A month to go. Having been 'long-haul grounded' since last August, I can't wait to get back up there...

Have a pleasant evening gents. Let us see who wins this election.

Re: Thursday

N_Architect said:
Another day, another workout. Evening, this time.

Another shave.

AoS badger // Vision & Gillette Plat. (Russ.) // Real Shaving Co. cream // Floid blue // Weleda

Raining every now and then here, cold enough (circa 5 deg C) but very nice. The locals are frustrated the spring hasn't fully appeared yet. I'm glad as when it does, the girls will go out half naked and drive me nuts... (and you know, most of them are simply gorgeous).

A month to go. Having been 'long-haul grounded' since last August, I can't wait to get back up there...

Have a pleasant evening gents. Let us see who wins this election.
Hi "N" ! ..Won't make any difference who wins, we'll just get more of the same: Looking after themselves, not working very hard, ensuring they ,at least, get regular pay rises, holding infrequent surgeries, paying lip service to their constituents, and ripping us all off, inventing new "legal" ways of claiming more expenses than they are entitled to. And I am convinced this is the majority view of most politicians, not the minority! Best thing that can happen is that a few mainstream politicians lose their deposits, and that the minority parties get lots of extra MP's. That should get rid of the complacency and sheer arrogance displayed by the three main party reps.going into this election !! Oh yes, let's keep it shaving - used Palmolive cream for the first time last night - simply great!

'Bye,

spandex.. ;)

Thursday 05-06-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Pre Proraso - Vulfix 404 The Grosvenor Bristle & Badger - Gillette Tech Black Handle - 7 O'clock yellow #1 - Cella shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original Aloe Vera - ASL Brummel.

Afeitado06-05-10.jpg

mugs said:
I hate driving in Glasgow, but that's because I'm not used to it. Too many multi-lane junctions and flow lanes. If you know your way you're fine but if you don't it's far too easy to end up in the wrong lane and be pushed into going the wrong way, or sit holding up traffic indicating to get over when no fecker will let you in. Embra I don't mind so much. Aside from the very centre it's very easy (but sloooowww) to make your way around.

Yeah true suppose it is more where you are used to, Tell you what will meet you at Harthill for a fight about it, how about 4pm tomorrow? you will not show cause it takes so long to get out the city you will probably forget why you were leaving and I will be sitting on the Kingston bridge listening to music. going nowhere :lol: Will both bring shaving kit as we will probably need it by the time we get there.

In truth it is not that bad up here, I have done the "get to Heathrow or into the cit by road at rush hour" suicide trip. It is madness on a scale we softies can't comprehend and every time I am down it is worse.

Oh Christ yes. I'm a sassanach (sp?) who's only been up here for 17 years and I still have mental scars from driving around the midlands, and I actually enjoy my morning commute from one side of Dundee to t'other. Every year or two we drive as a family to Islington to stay with friends and every time I swear blind that I'm going to park outside the city limits and train the rest of the way. If I didn't hate public transport and the general public as much as I do then I would as well! Still, it's good to have a dose of reality (once every 18-24 months is just about as much as I can take) and it makes getting over the bridge to Embra for a morning meeting seem like a driving tour of the highlands by comparison and is yet another good reason to be thankful of living in Scotland. I always wonder if those who are born and raised up here realise just how good they've got it, and judging from people at work....no.

Friday came quickly this week.

Gillette Flair Tipped Rocket
Iridium D5
Semogue 830
Musgo Real
Alum
Speick ASL

First time I have had more than 4 shaves out of an Iridium. It feels good enough to at least start tomorrows shave. Musgo is a great performer.

Weapon of choice: Vintage Gillette Open Comb(Canadian). // New Shave Shack Israeli blade.
V. 404 mixed(almost broken in).
Palmolive cream
Alum
Thayers W.hazel
Dr Henk's wonderful ASB milk.

Preparation: Warm Bath, Warm flannels.

Good morning all !

Have been battling to get a good lather with M. Wool fat soap ever since I started this crazy journey,(Trad. Wet shaving), back in February! Bristol is a hard water area, so it is a little harder to achieve this. Having the right equipment plus good technique would have helped enormously. I bought some Palmolive cream quite cheap the other day, and so decided it was high time to give creams a go. Best decision I have made for some time! Three passes, with/across/against, frequent re-lathering, minimum pressure throughout, ultra careful round the problem areas - Final result: not quite a DFS, but very satisfactory, with the Palmolive restoring the pleasure factor. I really rate Henk's ASB, it's right up there with the best as far as I am concerned.

Have a nice day everyone, 'bye for now

spandex.. :D

FRIDAY

MWF wash soap
Rocket & Astra (4)
Tabac & 404 Mix
Alum
Tabac ASL

down and dirty single pass today, but still a step up from SAS. You just got to love Tabac, i swear you could lather up a storm if you used it with Tizer and a spoon*. :D

*I bear no personal responsibility for the outcome if you are dumb enough to actually try this :shock:

(steps back a day)

Thursday

Ever Ready SE (1918-patent head?)
Gem SE blade (5th or 6th use - I've lost count!)
Nanny's Yushu soap
Kent BK4
Alum Block
Boots Witch Hazel
Boots Essentials AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Friday

Bic Sensitive
Vulix 404 Boar
Erasmic Soap (Bowl)
Alum
Azzaro EDT

Quick shave in the shower, SAS feeling a bit stubbly now its lunch time.

Friday

Ever Ready SE (1914 head)
Gem SE blade (7th use?)
Arko stick
Kent BK4
Alum Block
Boots Witch Hazel
Simple for Men AS Balm
Cella Classica cologne

Friday

Gillette Tech
TOBS Lemon & LIme cream
Simpsons Commodore X1
Wilkinson blade
RSC Balm

Good shave today, I ended up doing three passes WTG. I wasn't trying to get very close and planned to just do two, but I had so much lather left over that I felt compelled to go for a third, which has resulted in a very smooth result. Two nicks again though, tiny ones today. I think I need to slow down.

FRIDAY - Shave 2

Sanex Dermo Bath Stuff
Rocket & Astra SP (5)
Musgo Real Cream & 404 Mix
Old Spice AS

Well, this mornings cursory effect was all part of the plan to need a shave tonight and have a go at a sample from Paul, in this case Musgo Real. First impression on scent was that it was somewhat nondescript, as this was my third cream (CF Lavender & Speick being previous), i gauged an amount to bowl lather. although it looked good in the mug, it was quite thin on the face, again no real hint of a scent there. I ended up using another finger of cream to finish a 2 - passer, not bad with a last shave blade. I plan to finish the sample over the weekend at which point i will yea or nay it - for me at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom