Wednesday

Ever Ready 1912
GEM SE blade
Col Conk Amber soap
Kent BK4
Boots Witch Hazel
Body Shop White Musk for Men EDT
Body Shop White Musk for Men AS Balm

Going to try SE shaving solely for a few days - think I've almost nailed the technique and am able to get zero-irritation almost every time. Just want to get it perfect now!

Genco "easy aces"
Eshave mandarin soap
Shavemac best custom
Potters wh

Well what can i say a simply outstanding shave, i was getting tired of struggling with full hollows, the shaves were good but not the best so i very nearly won a wade butcher yesterday im now glad i didn't.

I went slow and listened to what the blade preferred, i also used a feather touch and tried to glide the blade over, i was rewarded with the closest smoothest bbs shave yet, i think my doing only 10/10 laps on linen and leather helped a bit, i might have been overdoing it in the past.

Either way outstanding, oh bar a nice bite on the neck, the razor skipped when i got sloppy and didn't stretch on a section i know is prone to this, i should have known better.

Tuesday

First go with Ingrams Menthol. Just a quick shave, two passes WTG but it provided a nice lather and a good result. Yowser. That cold water rinse at the end is amazing!

Wednesday

TOBS Lemon&Lime cream
Gillette Tech
Wilkinson blade
Commodore
RSC Balm

Aaaahhhhh!!! it burns, it burns. First go with the tobs and I got the best lather ever, no fuss. Thing is, it was so good that I had no idea I was doing myself damage. Went for a third pass mostly against the grain and now I'm paying for it. Had a few nicks as well. Not good. Damn close though, but raw as sushi.

Wednesday 05-05-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Pre Proraso - Semogue 2000 repaired - Gillette Red Tip - Feather #2 - Palmolive stick in a puck - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original Aloe Vera - ASL Aqua Velva.

Afeitado05-05-10001.jpg

Tons of good leather.

Afeitado05-05-10003.jpg
05-05-10.[/b]

Thursday
1970's Gillette Superspeed razor
Red Personna blade
Semogue 1305
Tabac soap
Old Spice aftershave

Golf later - going to the driving range with my youngest. Might look into a few lessons with a Pro (f'nar f'nar).

Thursday

Vosene
Rocket & Astra (3)
Tabac & 404 Mix
Alum
Hackett PSB
Tabac AS

Decent 2 passer, always feel guilty about how much soap is left on brush - i do like to load heavy with Tabac goodness :p

Mainly today am going out for a Chinese Buffet all afternoon - there is a prospect of 'dronken pistings lather onn' :twisted:

Thursday

Merkur 34c
Shark SS (4)
404 Bodger
Proraso Soap

Proraso AS & Proraso ASB Mix

Shave of the rotation and close. After yesterday's insipidly laboured Erasmic soap problems it's a real joy to use the good stuff again. :shave

More importantly, today is my son's 21st birthday; he now has a 34c, Eton cream, a 404 Bodger, Feathers et cetera. He has moved on from my underutilised 23c and RSC £1 cream. Good man, eh? His main present will, hopefully, be Gordon's rapid ejection from No10. :D

Election Day

Futur with Green 7 0'Clock
Vulfix 2235 Super and RSC Menthol Cream
Alum
Gillette ASB
Aquatonic AS

In the interest of political fairness I shaved the left, the right and the centre of my face.

Thursday

Had a nice day out in Edinburgh yesterday, missus wanted to see Les Mirerables, so we went for a wander, Edinburgh is pish for shopping, found no shave worthy purchases I could not get elsewhere but maybe I don't know where to look. Had a nice dinner and I was suitably anesthetised by showtime so I thought it was quite good.

Lazy morning

Proraso Pre/Post before breakfast and coffee
Long hot shower,
EJ Chatsworth acrylic handle and new Personna blade, last in the blade box in the bathroom (determined to finish some of the odds and ends in the blade box)
Warmed brush scuttle
Henk's Sandalwood soap
Simpsons PJ2 in 2 Band
2 pass shave with touch up
Thayers witch hazel
Body shop seaweed moisturiser
Aqua Velva

Henk's soap is one of those soaps that every time I use it I think "Why don't I use this more?" it sits there subtly in the small PET container and reading Fido's thread about his reaction to Almond cream this morning it reminded me that this is the best soap for non reaction of any kind for me. Sometimes I apply a sacrificial layer of soap and leave it on while I make the real lather for shaving. On the odd occasion with the strong soaps like Tabac or some of the Rose ones I can start to feel a little unhappy with it, I want it off my face but it's not burning just not comfortable.

With Henk's soap there is a noticeable neutrality to it, granted the scent is not strong but it is very nice, whether the discomfort comes partly from my nasal passages rebelling against the stronger scents I don't know yet but I used a sacrificial layer of Henks soap today and took longer than anticipated before I hot toweled it off but my skin felt nice. I lathered up and shaved with a new Personna blade and by now the sore face I gave myself from a few days ago is gone.

Right!!! time to get back at it with some ATG action tomorrow, I have a few new razors and soaps still to try :lol: Always chasing that perfect shave but preferably without any irritation, is this possible every day? I can get it BBS one or two days max then I need to back off or I develop a rash, is this just me?

Audiolab said:
Had a nice day out in Edinburgh yesterday, missus wanted to see Les Mirerables, so we went for a wander, Edinburgh is pish for shopping, found no shave worthy purchases I could not get elsewhere but maybe I don't know where to look. Had a nice dinner and I was suitably anesthetised by showtime so I thought it was quite good.

We did the Embra/Miserable Les thing on Monday... Since I was driving, I wasn't anaesthetised and still thought it was quite good.

It wasnae bad at all, we went to see Phantom there and also Miss Saigon, I didn't like the actual play Miss Saigon that much but the music was really good, the kind of music that makes the hairs stand up on your neck, this just made me wish I'd brought my razor to test if this was a good pre shave technique :lol:

Worst thing is driving in Embra, I can get to a car park and that's it, I just refuse to cross the city in a car. Glasgow is much better, I can get through the city quicker than most can achieve on the motorway, it is a simple grid layout with radiating spokes out of the city, the one way system up St Vincent Street is superb even the lights are phased to allow the main vein of traffic to flow so they are turning to green as you approach each set. Full throttle under the load of the steep hill the car sounds really nice, the exhaust noise resonating off the buildings is music to my ears, not like one of those knobs with an oil drum stuck on the back of their car I mean a good throaty rasp but not overly intrusive or loud.

Of course this is route back from buying more shaving stuff so its still relevant(ish).

I hate driving in Glasgow, but that's because I'm not used to it. Too many multi-lane junctions and flow lanes. If you know your way you're fine but if you don't it's far too easy to end up in the wrong lane and be pushed into going the wrong way, or sit holding up traffic indicating to get over when no fecker will let you in. Embra I don't mind so much. Aside from the very centre it's very easy (but sloooowww) to make your way around.

Thursday

Gillette Tech
Wilkinson blade (new pack - 4 glue blobs instead of 2, slightly different to what I'd had, but felt no difference)
Ingrams cream
Commodore

Very light shave today after the far too close shave of yesterday, went for the Ingrams because I love that freezing blast of the final rinse. Not a great result (2 WTG passes following a shower) but I was wary of doing damage. SAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom