Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 12th June 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merkur Slant 37G in gold / Red Personna(American)..first time use for this blade!
Simp.Duke 3 B/B.
Tabac stick

Post: Alum / Thayers Rose W. Hazel. No need for anything else - off to land of nod soon! Will splash it all about in the morning. :D
Hi everybody!

Two passes, with and across, quite a bit of touching up around chin and mouth area. Produced a CCS! I'm quite happy with that, especially since it's dress down day at the office! The Slant is a joy to use at any time. What ever blade I have used in it, this razor has never let me down! :shave

Thursday Night:

• - Freely running cold, clean water, as needed for dunkings & rinses
    - Cleansed with Thayers' Lavender Witch Hazel
    - Omega Pro 49 and Nanny's Lavender soap ("new" formula)
    - Red bakelite Minora 3-Piece (probably circa early-to-mid-1940's)
      • - loaded with NOS Jewel Super Stainless (probably circa early-to-mid-1980's)[/list:u][/list:u]
        - MICAlum stick
        - Liberal application of more Thayers' Lavender Witch Hazel as AS[/list:u]

[attachment=0]

Ahhhh ... calm, calm, calm, calm, chilled.
        Relaxed_Emoticon_with_glass.gif

spandex: Lucky you. My 39c Longslant seems to give me an unfair amount of irritation when I use Bleue Extras in it. I'm pretty sure that was the combination I had it with before using that same set up yesterday, to my annoyance & my irritation!
        Slam_Fist_by_NeoWolf06.gif

Attachments

• SotD 17-06-2010 001B.png
    360 bytes · Views: 39
5/8th 'The Palmer' hollow ground
Kent H8
Old Spice Lime cream
Brut lotion

Bloody nice shave, without any blood.

I've had an Old Spice Lime cream sample from Paul sitting for a few months and gave it a whirl tonight. Lather was a little on the foamy side but it worked a treat. Not sure about the scent, couldn't quite figure out if I liked it or not.

The Palmer is certainly not a looker but it shaves a treat. Maybe one day I'll polish her up and give her a new set of scales, or use her to convert friends.

Friday

Last shave @ the Shangri-La S'pore (for now)

Sephora Men badger brush
Gillette Sensitive sc tube
R89 / Gillette Platinum
Floid (Italian) AS [sample]

- no alum, no EdT/EdP today, a quick but very nice shave (I love soft water after so many months up in The Baltics...)
- the Sephora brush is a China made one, nothing special, knot not dense at all but I liked the rubber-texture of the handle
- the Floid did a great job, even w/o moisturizer afterwards
- finally Greece fought back well and made us proud again, ok, we'll see if we'll qualify but still, good fighting spirit there

Seph002.jpg

Seph003.jpg

Off back to Europe late tonight.

IMG_0691-1.jpg

Have a great weekend folks.

spandexcodpiece said:
Hi Mikael !
When you were at school, were you often deliberately very naughty, so that you were often punished by having the cane administered either to your hand or your posterior - by any chance :?: :lol:

No... you got it wrong, I´m The Punnisher, mohahaha :twisted:, lol. Thank you, it´s a nice blade, thanks to Neil though.

Friday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Puma Special 88, with custom horn scales
Brush: Badger
Soap: Nannys Citrus Zinger
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Strop: Neil Miller, linnen/buffalo 50/60
Result: Good shave!

Puma:s are very highly rated and they are good, but I can´t feel any difference compared to most of my Swedes (and some of them are better). It´s a good blade and they have a very cool look, but excellent... I dunno!? Maybe I´m not used to this blade and my techniqe is off. I think my Shavemac by Dovo is better.
44285d1276845210-sotd-sun-june-13th-sat-june-19th-snb12263.jpg

Friday

MWF wash soap - welcomed back
astra (2) & slim
Proraso & EJBB
Alum
OS AS

had a little time this morning, so i went with a cream again this morning (usually soaps in the morning - less fannying about than creams). Another good outing from Proraso, looks like this will join Speick as a rotational cream choice, just need one other cream to join them........... :D

Good morning.

RSC Shave cream
Body Shop synthetic brush
Feather and Futur
Tabac AS splash

Almost at the end of the RSC cream tube. Good stuff, but my next purchase will be something different.

Using my Body Shop brush and it's inability to hold water to my advantage, by going on with the cream almost dry then dipping the brush in and adding water as I go.

Thanks

Friday

Pre: Hot shower hair conditioner applied to wet face whilst making lather
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Iridium Super (3)
Cream: Palmolive
Brush: Fido Silvertip
Result: Not bad possibly overdoing it as actually didn't need to shave this morning. Enjoying creams now more than soap!

Friday

Futur
Iridium
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Cella (which, I have been informed, is pronnounced 'Chella' and not 'Sella')
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

Ian

Friday

Proraso pre/post
Neo custom finest 2 band
MWF
EJ mastiff + crystal (2)
Alum
Sandalwood skin food

Another top shave with the MWF. However, after 2 passes I went for another, and was left with some neck irritation. I am liking the skinfood so far, but its early days with that stuff.

Friday

'66 Slim Adj
Astra Plat (3)
Neo Finest 2-Band
SWK Scuttle
ToOBS Rose Cream
Witch Hazel
Floid Original AS.

Friday

Thought I'd begin a run through the brushes again. So it's my first baby, the Kent BK8. Overdid the T&H rose cream - far too much lather whipped up in the bowl. This is a huge brush, a pleasure to use but a reminder of the practicality of a smaller knot. The cream is as good as it gets, lovely scent and great cushioning.

6-6.jpg

Friday

Slim adjustable
Gillette super thin (thai)
404 bodger
Nanny's excellent Yushu
Alum
Thayers Lemon witch hazel
Old spice Fresh lime

Have'nt posted here for a while as I tend to use the same or nearly the same stuff every day , just got some Thayers last week . I've also used the boots tea tree/witch in the past. The Thayers seems quite mild in comparison to the Boots concoction. I've tried recently to reduce my post shave treatments to just alum and aftershave , keeping the witch hazel and after shave balm in reserve for those days when I need a bit of repair.I find that works well for me , but the Old spice does seem to sort things out ,if the shave has been a bit rough (or is that just me ?).
Today I did a three pass with touch ups with the Slim adjustable on 7 ,highest setting so far.
Nanny's soap is running low I've used it daily since I got it and its really good ,works well with the 404. The super thins are my daily blade worked well in the Slim adjustable, which I'm still experimenting with. Got a close smoothe shave but had a couple of weepers around the chin , hence the Thayers application. The smell was'nt too strong and went on easy enough ,felt very mild on the face and does'nt have the witch hazel strong smell, not convinced that it did too much . Let it air dry and then on with the Old spice fresh lime (hmmmm) . Will give the thayers a few more goes before I have a full opinion on it , seems like I'll have to shave with a feather in the Slim at 10 to really give the Thayer's a work out ( Probably won't be doing that ) and not use the Old spice or any other post shave treatments.

Damian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom