View attachment 26863
a

Prep- hot shower and bloom water
Soap- OSP Barbershop
Brush- Razorock Plissoft 24mm
Razor- Oneblade Core
Blade- feather FHS (5)
Post shave- OSP barbershop aftershave tonic

Evening folks hope everyone is keeping well. Today I had my fifth shave with the oneblade core and i must say I'm very impressed so far. My razor arrived last Tuesday after about a three week wait.

Now oneblade did a very good job on the presentation of this razor, I must admit I frankly don't care how something is presented, if it does the job it's supposed to do, that for me is a lot more important. On a side note I think it's presentation stand is a fantastic addition and adds abit of class to my shave cupoard.

When it comes to using the razor it's so straightforward even my brother whose just started shaving could use the razor and load It correctly (he actually used it for a shave). The build is of a high quality and I can think of only one thing that could do with some improvement,the two raised bits of plastic that contribute to stopping the blade from being exposed further, may eventually be worn down or broken off. I think the introduction of a couple of bumps of metal would have been effective at solving this issue. Other than that I can't find fault, the razor has a nice weight to it and to my eye is aesthetically pleasing.

The razor is very mild you can throw it around your face without a worry but it's also very efficient. I got a DFS from just two passes and with another pass was near on Bbs. It has no trouble removing a days growth or three days growth. It was continuously smooth, and maybe even a tad boring for some folk.

People have mentioned the length of time the blades last, I've got my fifth shave out of the blade today and I think it's ready for a a new blade in all honesty. Sure it's not an ac blade or a schick proline that last for fifteen to twenty shaves but i personally don't have an issue with the price per shave in comparison to what I used to pay for cartridge razors.

If the metal oneblade is supposed to be better I would genuinely like to try it because the oneblade core is outstanding. No razor burn or irritation and a quick easy shave.
Just to summarise it's a great razor, easy to use and well worth the money in my opinion anyway.I'll certainly be keeping it in my rotation.

Cheers folks

@Blackmass

Great write Brad. Glad to hear it was worth the wait. Thanks for the tag too.:)

image.jpg SOTD Wednesday 12th July

Prep....Shower ~ Lavender & Olive Oil Soap
Razor....Blackland Sabre
Blade....Pal Super Carbon
Soap....Klar Sandlewood
Brush....Cadman Bell Silvertip
Post....Thayers Rose Petal ~ Jojoba Oil
Scent....TF Tabacco Vanille, Mr Perfume

Only my second shave with the Sabre since I received it because a Pass-Around razor turned up at the same time so I've been waiting for this shave for a while, was it worth the wait I hear you ask...... Oh yes!
With the Klar Sandlewood whipped up into the creamiest of lathers I slowly set to with the sabre wanting to savor every moment of this wonderful shave.
The Pal Super carbon blade just sliced through my stubble like a hot knife through butter, I was smooth in two passes but with more lather in the bowl and not wanting for it to be over I lathered up for a third pass to leave me as smooth as the day I was born, not the slightest bit of irritation just smooth skin, this is a fabulous razor and blade combo.
It was over too soon such was the enjoyment of a perfect shave, finnishing off with a splash of Thayers and once dry a little Jojoba oil used as a moisturiser.
A few dabs here and there of the heady scent of Tabacco Vanille oil and I was done.
This is one fine razor fitted out with an equaly fine blade, a fabulous shave. :)

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday.......:)

Last edited:
iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 12 July 2017

Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft Big Bruce Synthetic 26/63mm
Lather: - Palmolive Classic Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Parker Variant Adjustable in Satin Chrome (WTG #5, XTG #5, ATG #2)
Blade: - Astra Superior Platinum #3
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - YSL L'Homme EDT

Wednesday

Olive Oil Soap and Man Cave Olivestone Facial Scrub
Nanny's Arabian Nights Soap
Semogue TSN 2012 LE in Boar and Badger
ES Claymore V2 on a Windrose P2 Handle
Proline-P (#4)
Alum Block and rinse
Boots Rosewater and Glycerine
Oudh Al Qamar EDP

A great 'feel good factor' this morning. 3 pass BBS shave and I am all set for what promises to be a pretty challenging day

Wednesday

Olive Oil Soap and Man Cave Olivestone Facial Scrub
Nanny's Arabian Nights Soap
Semogue TSN 2012 LE in Boar and Badger
ES Claymore V2 on a Windrose P2 Handle
Proline-P (#4)
Alum Block and rinse
Boots Rosewater and Glycerine
Oudh Al Qamar EDP

A great 'feel good factor' this morning. 3 pass BBS shave and I am all set for what promises to be a pretty challenging day
Good luck for the day ahead :)

Vegetal Soap - Lilly of the Valey
Saponeria Artigiana - Almond Shaving Soap
Dr. Selby - 22mm Finest Badger
Facelathering
Merkur - 37C
Voskhod (2)
WTG / ATG
Allume Di Rocca Naturale
Pitralon - Pure After Shave

Voskhod was smooth at second use but is not sharp as the Feather blade. For me the Feather shaves more gentle from start on with the Merkur 37C. But again I have a true BBS shave in two passes. My over sensitive skin feels really great after each contact with the 37C. That Wednesday morning shave was accompanied by a sampler of German music from the 20ies to the 50ties.

Last edited:
Hi Barry,

Until I got the Rockwell my 37c was my favourite razor. It helped me to reduce irritation on sensitive areas (neck prone to irritation and redness) as I'm able to get quite a close shave there in two passes with it whereas with non slant razors it would take three passes.
With the Rockwell, it takes three passes to achieve this and I don't get irritation, BUT, the overall experience of using the Rockwell is much nicer. I've used several different blades in it and it's given me the smoothest shaves ever.
I can't see me not using my 37c much, but at the moment I look forward to using the Rockwell.
I'm sure you'll enjoy your shaves with your 37c.
Hi Paul. Thanks for that. Fascinating isn't it? We each have unique skin and beard growth so we never get quite the same results as someone else using the same set up. But I certainly agree about the Rockwell delivering such smooth shaves. Looking forward to trying the 37C.

View attachment 26871 SOTD Wednesday 12th July

Prep....Shower ~ Lavender & Olive Oil Soap
Razor....Blackland Sabre
Blade....Pal Super Carbon
Soap....Klar Sandlewood
Brush....Cadman Bell Silvertip
Post....Thayers Rose Petal ~ Jojoba Oil
Scent....TF Tabacco Vanille, Mr Perfume

Only my second shave with the Sabre since I received it because a Pass-Around razor turned up at the same time so I've been waiting for this shave for a while, was it worth the wait I hear you ask...... Oh yes!
With the Klar Sandlewood whipped up into the creamiest of lathers I slowly set to with the sabre wanting to savor every moment of this wonderful shave.
The Pal Super carbon blade just sliced through my stubble like a hot knife through butter, I was smooth in two passes but with more lather in the bowl and not wanting for it to be over I lathered up for a third pass to leave me as smooth as the day I was born, not the slightest bit of irritation just smooth skin, this is a fabulous razor and blade combo.
It was over too soon such was the enjoyment of a perfect shave, finnishing off with a splash of Thayers and once dry a little Jojoba oil used as a moisturiser.
A few dabs here and there of the heady scent of Tabacco Vanille oil and I was done.
This is one fine razor fitted out with an equaly fine blade, a fabulous shave. :)

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday.......:)

Hi Paul,
Great write-up and photo. The Sabre is one stunning looking razor. I know you've only had a couple of shaves with the Sabre plus it uses a different type of blade but….

Can you compare the shave aggression/efficiency/smoothness to any of the ATT razors, the Hone 15 or even The General SE?

Cheers
Rob

Wednesday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Coal Tar Soap, healthy splash of warm water and soap (bloom) water.
Razor - Muhle Rocca R96.
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (day 2).
Soap - Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Buddha Wood Shaving Soap.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent After Shave, followed by Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Buddha Wood Soothing Post Shave Balm.

A very nice 2 pass shave this morning with and across the grain. Now and then I opt not to use any pre-shave oil/cream, letting the soap and the water do their magic.

After some of the discussions the thread yester day on the Rocca, I seemed to give the shave more conscious thought, taking more time and thinking more about the shave angle, rather than relying on muscle memory. Perhaps, for that reason the razor and blade appeared to give more of an audible signal during the shave.

Have a good day,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom