Shave of the day, Saturday 8th- Friday 14th April 2017

Wed 12th April
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
P & B Spitfire
The General - Brass
Schick Proline P-20 ( 1 )
Alum Rub / Rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S lotion

First outing on the new heftier General following a great Shave with The Claymore. Used a Schick blade as that was what I used in the Claymore.Immediately was apparent that not only was the Shave more smooth and comfortable than the Claymore, but the finished Shave was better too.

My only criticism is that I found the Handle needed more grip on up on up strokes. Certainly I found it better than the original, and probably the best of the new Razors I have tried. Thanks to James@Acer89 for the loan of this Razor, which delivers a Dolphin smooth shave. Those who are awaiting arrival of one, should be pleased with their purchase.

Currently the present batch is sold out, but I have just acquired one with cosmetic scratches,thanks to getting in touch with Kirk & Kyle at Colonial Razors.

IMG_1240.jpg

Wednesday 12th
Cadman Custom Synthetic
OSP Fougère
General w/Rocnel Handle
Feather Pro Super #2
Rinse > Alum > Rinse
Electrif's Bay Rum
Lacura Aq Cream Moisturiser
sgG2oll.jpg

I do like the original General handle, however I do like the choice of using alternative handles, especially the heavier Rocnel. The lined one is (in my mind) quite attractive.
The shave was marvellous, smooth as the Dolphin everyone mentions. Have only used the Pro supers in this razor, so I'm hoping others are as good.

Good shaves all!!!

Last edited:
Afternoon gents,

It's been a week and a day since my last shave and I was very much looking forward to get rid of the beard. Especially with a few new acquisitions to try out. First up, an ATG 400 3 band silvertip, secondly some MDC. With such a lot of beard to get through I opted for a razor I knew would be up to the challenge, the GEM Micromatic OC with a fresh GEM blade.

What a stonking shave. The MDC performance is just unbelievable, with barely any loading the lather went on thick and fast. Fantastic. It's a great soap, no questions and I'm glad to have been able to get hold of some! The brush is also brilliant, I've lucked out with these two purchases. The brush feels like a cloud sponge, I know, strange simile, but it really does. Ridiculously soft and just lovely :D

Two passes and a couple of weepers later, to be expected with the amount of fuzz being chopped off and I felt smooth and refreshed. Great shave, great products.

Enjoy this fine evening!

img_20170412_163407-01-jpeg.10554

Wednesday AM 2017-04-12

Georgetown Pottery G12 scuttle
Rooney 3/1 Ebony Finest (22m/48mm)
Houbigant Fougère Royale shaving soap (vintage)
Feather AS-D2/UFO Grand Titan L Titanium
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (2)
Houbigant Fougère Royale aftershave (vintage)

The UFO handle is the largest I've ever used, and I'll have to get used to its size with further use. However, it was pretty comfortable in my hand, and because it is titanium it did not feel overly heavy.
rB4j3Ih.jpg

Afternoon gents,

It's been a week and a day since my last shave and I was very much looking forward to get rid of the beard. Especially with a few new acquisitions to try out. First up, an ATG 400 3 band silvertip, secondly some MDC. With such a lot of beard to get through I opted for a razor I knew would be up to the challenge, the GEM Micromatic OC with a fresh GEM blade.

What a stonking shave. The MDC performance is just unbelievable, with barely any loading the lather went on thick and fast. Fantastic. It's a great soap, no questions and I'm glad to have been able to get hold of some! The brush is also brilliant, I've lucked out with these two purchases. The brush feels like a cloud sponge, I know, strange simile, but it really does. Ridiculously soft and just lovely :D

Two passes and a couple of weepers later, to be expected with the amount of fuzz being chopped off and I felt smooth and refreshed. Great shave, great products.

Enjoy this fine evening!

img_20170412_163407-01-jpeg.10554
Love the brush you have there. :)

Wednesday 12th April 2017
SOTD 12th April.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Hydra Power Face Wash and Proraso white
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (#2)
Brush: Vie Long Horse
Cream: Nivea Sensitive Cream
AS: Nivea Originals Replenishing Balm

Second shave with Shark Super Chrome, it faired better in the Fatip, but not by much, still a a nice smooth shave but only a bit closer. The bargain basement Nivea cream is very good, especially considering the price. I am becoming quite impressed with my £5 Vie Long Horse hair brush, I think they cost around £7 now but well worth it you fancy trying a Horse brush.

View attachment 24605 SOTD 12th April.

Razor...Gillette Fatboy 1960
Blade...Polsilver Stainless ( Lodz ) # 3
Soap...Meissner -Tremonia Dark Limes
Brush...Cadman Bell
Post...Thayers lavender
A-S...Gareth's Bay Rum

Feeling really smooth and smelling great!

Have a great day people ......:)

@Blademonkey - that's a handsome set up mate. I've never been anything other than delighted with Meissner Tremonia products. I have a few. The Dark Lime is probably my favourite - not withstanding the odd lather colour - although the Black Beer is a close second. Lavender when I'm in the mood. Exceptional post shave feel - probably no need for extra products but where's the fun in that? Slight downside - heavy glass jar, slippy hands, bare feet and a tiled bathroom floor. Health and safety nightmare. I.

Back
Top Bottom