Shave of the day, Saturday 8th- Friday 14th April 2017

N3OrRnph.png

Eufros soaps are as good as it gets in my opinion. The lather properties & post-shave are unrivalled & I can't wait to receive my Spring ATG Limited Edition tin!

Wednesday 12th April.

Razor - Timeless scalloped top cap with .68 OC baseplate and pineapple handle
Blade - Green Gillette 7 o'Clock Super Stainless
Brush - Razorock 400 synthetic
Soap - Razormaster Toivo pine tar soap from Finland
Scuttle - Gallant and Klein 2-piece
To finish - Fine Platinum a/s, Stirling Barbershop balm, Club de Nuit Intense Man EDT

After several days enjoying my new brass General SE, time for a bit of DE. This is a superb razor and a top combination for me to achieve the smoothest of two-pass shaves. The G & K scuttle is great, and being quite thin ceramic, heats up well. If I lather with the inner inside the outer, it rattles like the devil, but take the inner out, lather up and then put it back, and the result is lots of nice, warm lather. The Toivo has, for me, the nostalgic aroma of some long-ceased disinfectant, and reminds me that I need to wash my clay greenhouse pots today.

Wednesday's shave.

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Coal Tar Soap.
Razor - Hone 15.
Blade - Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (day 2).
Soap - Executive Shaving - Bay Rum Shave Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent After Shave followed by L'Occtitane Cedrat After Shave Cream Gel.

Another great shave with the Hone 15 paired with the Gillette yellow's. The Myrsol was very refreshing on the skin and the Cedrat also works well as a balm. Skin feels great. 2 passes this morning, no need for a touch-up.

The Hone conducts and retains heat very well - no surprise with the brass. I am assuming that the heat retention on the blade is making cutting more effective and efficient?

All the best,

Chris

SOTD - The best so far

Pre Shave - Hot Shower
Razor - Edwin Jagger DE 3D
Blade - Gillette Nacet (3)
Brush - Edwin Jagger Best Badger (M)
Soap - OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol
Post Shave - Cold Water, Alum Block, OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol Splash

View attachment 24601
I love both the OSP Eucalyptus soap and splash - great combination.

Wednesday's shave.

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Coal Tar Soap.
Razor - Hone 15.
Blade - Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (day 2).
Soap - Executive Shaving - Bay Rum Shave Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent After Shave followed by L'Occtitane Cedrat After Shave Cream Gel.

Another great shave with the Hone 15 paired with the Gillette yellow's. The Myrsol was very refreshing on the skin and the Cedrat also works well as a balm. Skin feels great. 2 passes this morning, no need for a touch-up.

The Hone conducts and retains heat very well - no surprise with the brass. I am assuming that the heat retention on the blade is making cutting more effective and efficient?

All the best,

Chris
I don't know if a warm blade shaves any better but a warm razor head and handle do feel good. I love my Hone especaly in the colder months, nothing like warm lather and a warm razor! :)

161xls5.jpg

Brush: Vie Long 04503
Razor: Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed 'J3' w/ Rapira Super Stainless (2)
Soap: Razor Master Pekka

I quite like this soap and post combination, they go well together I think. It is a fantastic fresh soap, you only get a small 60 or 80g puck but boy does it perform well. Shame nobody stocks it in the UK anymore.

The Super Speed was marvelous, I think it shaved slightly better than the black handled one from yesterday. I am really gaining a new appreciation for vintage razors, I don't know what is happening to me in 2017, first badger brushes and now vintage razors...

The Vie Long is no broken in I think, very soft and no stink. Made a beautiful lather today.

View attachment 24588 SOTD 11th April

Razor...Pal Adjustable
Blade...Schick # 4
Soap...Fine Platinum
Brush...Omega pro 49
Post...Thayers lavender
A-S...Fine Platinum

The whole shave was more than fine, it was fabulous !

Have a great day people......:)

Nothing like rubbing my nose in it is there.:mad::p;):D Only joking mate. Stunning looking razor Paul.

Take care
Rob

Back
Top Bottom