Shave den show-off (AKA: Bring out your stash!)

I'm in awe. I mentioned to the GF today how nice my birth year Gillette shaved. She couldn't understand why I'd bought a second razor, couldn't tell her i have 3 on the way...!

pjgh said:
Bechet45 said:
pjgh said:
joe mcclaine said:
Bloomin eck!

Quite! :icon_eek:

He's going to need to rip out that bath and put in a double bath to board over. Strewth!

Well - you wanted to see them! And there's a whole bunch more in-coming. It's a good job I stopped using expensive cartridges so I could save money to spend on this lot!

My single medicine cabinet of aftershaves and EDTs has overflowed now, but only the Clubman collection which has moved to behind my soaps. I think it's under control ... not that yours isn't, but I'll be happy for mine to grow a little.

2h8bpc6.jpg

Greetings Paul

Those chains hanging from the ceiling are 'interesting', I do understand if you don't want to share their function with us...... look we are all 'old boys' together here and nobody is likely to blab!! :angel:

Regards
Dick.

Tim B said:
And here's mine, after 4 years of getting back to DE shaving.............

Much more restrained.

pjgh said:
Bechet45 said:
pjgh said:
joe mcclaine said:
Bloomin eck!

Quite! :icon_eek:

He's going to need to rip out that bath and put in a double bath to board over. Strewth!

Well - you wanted to see them! And there's a whole bunch more in-coming. It's a good job I stopped using expensive cartridges so I could save money to spend on this lot!

My single medicine cabinet of aftershaves and EDTs has overflowed now, but only the Clubman collection which has moved to behind my soaps. I think it's under control ... not that yours isn't, but I'll be happy for mine to grow a little.

2h8bpc6.jpg

Paul, tell me you dont shave with those swords:s Saying that, if they are SE:icon_razz:

BigBoar said:
Nope. Not doing it. Not at all. There is no way I'm going down the frag acquisition disorder route.

No way!

Saying that.....

What's doin there,

This harmless new found desire to smell purty can often be whatcha call 'collateral damage' from being around shaving crap related stuff. Yeah, an unexpected bonus. Using a nice fragrance does add to the whole experience, whatever the hell that is.

Doesn't need to cost much if you do some research and start out slowly. Buy some small decants and take it from there. Kind of a good way to finish things off in the morning.

Martin

Hey Martin,

Up until now I've been happy with la toja and O.S followed by a nice edt....

Just been looking at the C&S No88 range of A/S, edt and cologne.

Harmless? No. Not going down that route. Nope.

BigBoar said:
Hey Martin,

Just been looking at the C&S No88 range of A/S, edt and cologne.

Harmless? No. Not going down that route. Nope.

Very prudent of you to not get fragged down yet another rabbit hole. Yep, best not to get involved.

So that 'dirty rose' #88 description sounds interesting eh? Well, I have a way to sample it in a money saving manner. You will thank me for this.

Buy the #88 shaving soap, which is an excellent performer!! You will end up huffing the scent plus you will get a great shave!!! You get to sniff it for mostly free!!

Now that's how you do it,

Martin

Norfolkdick said:
pjgh said:
Those chains hanging from the ceiling are 'interesting', I do understand if you don't want to share their function with us...... look we are all 'old boys' together here and nobody is likely to blab!! :angel:

Hehe! I'll explain ...

See those fencing swords over on the left? Well, they're electric-enabled and have a wire running down them from a button on the point to a plug behind the guard. When wiring these up, you need them to bend and hold in one position, then slackened off in another. The easiest way to do this is to put a cap on each end of a chain and have something like a carabiner to adjust the tension.

How's that? Plausible? :D

Comme ci http://youtu.be/YGTI8XDhJtM?t=14m46s

rolatruck said:
Paul, tell me you dont shave with those swords:s Saying that, if they are SE:icon_razz:

Strictly, their NE (no edge) as those are thrusting weapons. Mrs is the sabreur whose weapons of choice is a "slashy" weapon and so have a single edge. It always surprises them silly sabreurs when a foilist stabs 'em ... they never seem to see it coming :D

Silly game, sabre.

Norfolkdick said:
Thanks Paul

So the mainstream view that Yatagan is the one that people know Caron for is probably correct?

Regards Dick.

Erm, I don't know to be honest, Dick.

All I can tell you it is, by the smallest margin, my favourite Caron fragrance and I think Caron fragrances are very good value for money.

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings Paul

I see you have four Caron fragrances, you hear a lot about Yatagon (I have never tried anything from Caron) but little about the others, it would be interesting to hear your views on them.
Regards
Dick.

Hiya doin Dick,

The Yatagan and Third Man might get the most posts, and Yatagan is in my rotation. Very good bang for the buck frag. To my nose it's all about pine/celery which surprisingly I like a bunch. Matter of fact my shave this morning included the vintage AS and then the current EdT.

Worth a sniff,

Martin

Holyzeus said:
I'm in awe. I mentioned to the GF today how nice my birth year Gillette shaved. She couldn't understand why I'd bought a second razor, couldn't tell her i have 3 on the way...!

You need to educate her :angel:, I've got mine looking for vintage razors for me now. She goes to the local Antiques market every week to have a look. How good is that :cool:

782sirbrian said:
Holyzeus said:

You need to educate her :angel:, I've got mine looking for vintage razors for me now. She goes to the local Antiques market every week to have a look. How good is that :cool:
Agreed! Education is key!

Honey does this smell good on me? I wonder if they have others?

Shame those soaps aren't edible. Some of you guys would be well sorted come the Apocalypse. :icon_razz: Me I'd have to scoff 3 shaving creams and starve. :icon_cry2:

Back
Top Bottom