shafts n cracks......

singerman said:
49er said:
I waited until an uncracked Bostonian was offered. Very, very nice shave. I don't like broken things.

that is something i am always on the lookout for, you lucky man :)

I don't know what your price band is but there is a gold plated Bostonian for sale by Executive Shaving. Feast the eyes.

49er said:
singerman said:
49er said:
I waited until an uncracked Bostonian was offered. Very, very nice shave. I don't like broken things.

that is something i am always on the lookout for, you lucky man :)

I don't know what your price band is but there is a gold plated Bostonian for sale by Executive Shaving. Feast the eyes.

tis truly gorgeous, i would jump at it if money didnt matter, sadly i'll be trawling the bay for something cheaper, but thanks for letting me know m8 :)

I have Old Type Gillette with ball-end handle. There's a hairline crack on one end and the part wit the thread comes out. It's still possible to use it but I was thinking about fixing it with epoxy. Is it a good idea?

kaiser said:
I have Old Type Gillette with ball-end handle. There's a hairline crack on one end and the part wit the thread comes out. It's still possible to use it but I was thinking about fixing it with epoxy. Is it a good idea?

I think that would be more papering over the cracks as it were...the epoxy will come off again..... hard solder is probably the only fix...not tried it on a razor shaft yet though..I have a silver one with a cracked shaft, but haven't the time at the moment to fix it..

I've used hard solder for jewellery in the past and its very effective for creating silver jewellery, Its invisible when polished up, but the joints have to be very precise, it doesn't fill gaps as soft solder does....

GOLDCREST said:
I think that would be more papering over the cracks as it were...the epoxy will come off again..... hard solder is probably the only fix...not tried it on a razor shaft yet though..I have a silver one with a cracked shaft, but haven't the time at the moment to fix it..

I've used hard solder for jewellery in the past and its very effective for creating silver jewellery, Its invisible when polished up, but the joints have to be very precise, it doesn't fill gaps as soft solder does....

I have 0 experience with soldering :( So this fix isn't for me.
I guess I'll just use it as it is.

Back
Top Bottom