September 2017 Acquisitions

Promotion treat
0e178dce970f623e079681352a5e0351.jpg

Hiya,

Although I don't use a straight, that doesn't mean I don't have a few gathering dust in the arsenal. If the price is right I will buy em in the wild, knowing just enough about the better brands to get into trouble. I mainly check for no pitting and no blade chips but that's about it. Little bit of rust is ok but not much and not deep.

Found these at a few different garage sales recently....all large choppers. Heaviest one's (bottom razor) made by George Savage and Son....Sheffield guy but no idea when, and has gotta be at least an 8/8 and the others aren't far behind. Yellow scale razor is made by Joseph Brammer (Sheffield) and is from the early-mid 1800s (top razor) and the dark scales middle one one just says 'Swedish Razor' on the blade.

Hah, call it a part of DE related collateral damage,

Martin

Attachments

• IMAG0184.jpg
    IMAG0184.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 51
Hiya,

Although I don't use a straight, that doesn't mean I don't have a few gathering dust in the arsenal. If the price is right I will buy em in the wild, knowing just enough about the better brands to get into trouble. I mainly check for no pitting and no blade chips but that's about it. Little bit of rust is ok but not much and not deep.

Found these at a few different garage sales recently....all large choppers. Heaviest one's (bottom razor) made by George Savage and Son....Sheffield guy but no idea when, and has gotta be at least an 8/8 and the others aren't far behind. Yellow scale razor is made by Joseph Brammer (Sheffield) and is from the early-mid 1800s (top razor) and the dark scales middle one one just says 'Swedish Razor' on the blade.

Hah, call it a part of DE related collateral damage,

Martin
Nice find, very nice. :)

My mate has his own engineering co, he knocked me these up. He's going to get me a price for a dozen & if it's reasonable I'll see if you guys would be interested in a group buy.

I'll post a thread if it seems a reasonable price

Please post your monthly purchases.

View attachment 28660
They look fab, can they be made from brass also?

Wickham 1912 Lemon Verbena. Need to give this a good outing. Straight from the pot it smells absolutely divine. Beautifully tarte and citrusy. Right up my ally.
If you don't mind me asking where did you get it from never heard of that scent before...citrus is just my thing

If you don't mind me asking where did you get it from never heard of that scent before...citrus is just my thing
I don't mind at all - I saw it on a Facebook group. It's a BST group for UK Wet Shavers. It's the first time I'd seen it as well, so had to snap it up! I think I may be using it today, if not tomorrow. It smells incredible though, that's for sure!

Edit - forgot that he still does Citrus Musk. Very heavy on the Neroli to give that lemon/herbal-musk/tarte vibe. Very nice stuff!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom