Secret Santa 2014 *Updated*

[/color]I know I am going to regret this but has anyone thought the Secret Santa this year. Or are we giving it a miss? Just a thought as Dodgy is running out of socks.......:icon_razz:

Ok I am happy to organise this for this year as I think it would be a shame to drop it as it has ran for a number of years.
So the rules are (from last year !!)
"The only rules as such are that the item/items should be shaving or grooming related
be fit for purpose.
The value as in previous years is ten pounds so if you spend more than ten pounds as i think most people do don't expect to receive a gift that cost more than that amount.

I think part of the fun is looking for something different or fun that the recipient would like to receive.

When the gifts have been received you post on here so we know who is left to get one.

Everyone is able to join in.

Packages to be either double wrapped (plain for the postie and christmas paper for recipient) or marked TSR so they don't get opened "accidentally".

And most important of all don't open till Christmas day."

As it has started very late this year anyone wishing to participate please add your name on here asap and if there is enough interest then it will be go !!

This list will close at 12.00 (Midday) on Sunday 9th November . I will let people know who and where to send their Secret Santa presents to by the following day.

You can post your package at anytime after that, but I think the 1st week of December is the very latest you should post them to allow them time to get to far off places like Wales...........:angel:.

Keep an eye on here for more updates please, as I will be needing your names and addresses soon.
If your name is in green I have received your address details, if you haven't sent them can you let me have them asap please.

By now you should have all received the details of your Secret Santa recipient (if not please contact me asap so I can panic and get the details to you !!)
Once you have posted your item can you PM me please (don't post on here !!) so I can keep a track on things.
Please can you post on here when you receive your gift and I try to make sure everyone gets their gift.

So far we have:-
Johnus.
Mr_Smartepants
Factormax.
Northam Saint.
Uncle Bertie.
ChopperHarris.
Mayhem72.
Dodgy.

Dipesh.
Jim3rg.
Soapalchemist

Cheesepiece
BigBoar
Benthespaniel
Fish
Tall_Paul
Ken T M
Vman
Duffer
Bellzy
Thrifty

Hairsuite
Wha Burst the Ba
Dendass

RE: Secret Santa 2014

missingskin said:
I know I am going to regret this but has anyone thought the Secret Santa this year. Or are we giving it a miss? Just a thought as ]Dodgy is running out of socks.......:

Hey loafingdrunk, you remembered. Yeah, I always need more sox and Derby blades!

Thanks for thinking of poor old Marv...

missingskin said:
Ok I am happy to organise this for this year as I think it would be a shame to drop it as it has ran for a number of years.
So the rules are (from last year !!)
"The only rules as such are that the item/items should be shaving or grooming related
be fit for purpose.
The value as in previous years is ten pounds so if you spend more than ten pounds as i think most people do don't expect to receive a gift that cost more than that amount.

I think part of the fun is looking for something different or fun that the recipient would like to receive.

When the gifts have been received you post on here so we know who is left to get one.

Everyone is able to join in.

Packages to be either double wrapped (plain for the postie and christmas paper for recipient) or marked TSR so they don't get opened "accidentally".

And most important of all don't open till Christmas day."

As it has started very late this year anyone wishing to participate please add your name on here asap and if there is enough interest then it will be go !!
I will give it a couple of weeks from yesterday and see where we stand, Tuftey02 if you want to give me any advice that would be appreciated.

Well done, that man! :icon_razz:

Dipesh said:
Any rules on if the other person doesn't send? I got diddled last year.

The problem is that this is done on a trust basis but I will have a think.
A couple of ideas are final postal date so the gift arrives in plenty of time and proof of postage, but it is hard to put too many rules in place.

If anyone has any ideas I open to suggestions via PM as I don't want arguments on here please.........:angel:

missingskin said:
Dipesh said:
Any rules on if the other person doesn't send? I got diddled last year.

The problem is that this is done on a trust basis but I will have a think.

Here's another example of a Limey flavored shaving forum being so polite and all.

No offense meant to you Dipesh, but missingchin was unable to say what's obvious to everyone. Yes, Santee saw that you were naughty last year. Sorry to be so damn blunt.

This year it's best not to take any chances. Send out a gift but tell Steve NOT to assign anyone to you. That way you still get to give something and aren't disappointed at Christmas. Nice eh?

Martin

Back
Top Bottom