SCHICK INJECTORS

Greetings

Toms advice is sound the old blade magazines were all metal and a lot tougher than the new ones which are nearly all plastic you can twist the old ones as much as you like but you need to be a bit more careful with the plastic ones.

It just seems a fact of life that some Schick razors seem to load the new blade much easier than others.

Another cleaning trick you may wish to try is tying one end of a length of dental floss (about a foot long) to the tap and pulling this in and out of gap in the head where the blade fits, this cleans out a lot of old crud.

Regards
Dick.

Thanks both, I tried the floss and dumping it in the sonic bath from Lidl for a session and just about persuaded a blade in. Still tricky but just about possible! Maybe it's a hint to buy ANOTHER injector to keep this one company! I do like this one - set on 7 gives me a nice smooth, no risk shave. What would make a good next step?

Hiya,

That tip about the plastic dispenser is good. Not that uncommon for the non metal versions to be difficult sometimes.

Now when you do load a blade successfully, make sure it's not being dragged over the safety bar. Easy to mess up a shave that way.

You're not gonna find a better model than the adjustable, at least in my eyes. Well actually, if you can find an F type I think that's the best. However, the M type adjustable is pretty darn good.

Martin

Am looking to try out an injector. Am I right in thinking that they are no longer manufactured and so the best place to buy would be on a B/S/T forum?

Yes BST forum and Ebay
I would reccommend getting the butterscotch handled one. Great shave
Put a wanted in the forum and I'm sure someone will have one that they can sell on.

Back
Top Bottom